Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kurokishi

Anyone know where they are in Dublin interviews at the moment? Seemed to be moving fairly quickly then radio silence...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

From some comments here it seems they were supposed to finish batch 2 interviews last week, but may have gotten held up by a couple rescheduled interviews. Batch 3 haven't been contacted yet afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

what's the likely batch size in wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Unfolded11

Really hoping someone can help me here I’m in a little bit of a strange situation. I’ve been assigned to a department through this competition and the HR of that department reached out to me and told me to check back in with them when I had checked in with my HR. This is over 2 weeks ago now. I have tried calling them and emailing them as my current employer would like to know when I am leaving but the calls are just ringing out and I’m getting no response to emails. Does anyone know if there is a general email to contact about this or can I do nothing other than wait for a response? I find it strange that the phones are ringing out. I contacted PAS and they said it’s gone past them so nothing they can do. Any help appreciated thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

Are you currently a civil servant? When I was appointed I was told by HR that there is typically a 4 week wait from when you're given notice of your been assigned department to when you actually start. It is strange that the phone is ringing out, maybe it's a desk phone not diverted to a mobile and they are working from home?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Unfolded11

I’m in the public sector so they asked me to contact my HR to agree to a transfer date but I was informed by my current HR it’s not civil service so my employer needs me to hand in my notice, that’s when I contacted the department (roughly two weeks ago) to ask how I should proceed and I’m getting nothing back. I don’t mind if it takes four weeks or however long it takes I would just like a response in order to let my current employer know what my notice date is! Thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Watermelonsugar

I contacted them interviews are still ongoing with results end of Oct

That is very frustrating. Definitely keep trying to call - at various times over the day/week just in case they are working from home part of the week

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shinnyg

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 exiemack

@mandik63 I had the exact same OOM for Laois and Offaly (low 40s) and I just received an EOI for Offaly, haven’t heard anything from Laois, but I don’t think I’m going to accept the Offaly one as then I lose my place for Laois and I’d rather have Laois. With Offaly already in the 40s I’d suspect Laois may not be too far behind? Hoping atleast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 BusyBee2022

@exiemack I also got EOI for Offaly, am early 30's. I'm early 20's for Laois and haven't heard anything but I will be accepting Offaly so that will be 1 off the panel for Laois anyway 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Swanladyy

That’s great news!!! So happy to hear that!!! Are you also interdepartmental? If so, what # roughly? Just trying to gauge where they are roughly up to for Offaly!

That’s great news!!! So happy to hear that!!! Are you also interdepartmental? If so, what # roughly? Just trying to gauge where they are roughly up to for Offaly!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BusyBee2022

@Swanladyy I am only on the Open panel

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Danielle101

Has anybody heard of any movement for Longford?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lynnington3

I got an EOI for interview in Offaly, open panel low 30s, but I got my mobility transfer to a department in Offaly from Dublin so not sure if I’ll do the interview now. It’s typical, waiting years for either a move or an assignment from an open panel and they both come at the same time.

maybe there will be more like that for Laois 😀 hoping it’ll get to me eventually

@Lynnington3 do you know what the working from home situation is like in Offaly? I know each department/section is different, but would roughly like to know how it is, as I may take up the offer if they’re open to hybrid working.

For anyone interested I called PAS today & they advised they’ve sent EOI’s to:

Offaly:

interdepartmental - 22

open - 46

Westmeath:

interdepartmental - 14

open - 17

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Received EOI for open stream today.

Can anyone tell me approx how long it might be between EOI and interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

Most departments I know of are doing hybrid. Typically 2 days a week in the office. Not sure about DSP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

Agriculture is 3 days in the office across the board as far as I can make out unless you have a position which requires full time attendance. (Ports, inspectors, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭skidmarkoner

I don't get it talking to a friend yesterday and they are high teens for wexford both open and inter and haven't got EOI. Wexford has loads of departments agriculture, housing, revenue, to name a few.

How is it that they have possibly only called 10 In a batch when I know myself of 10 EO positions alone in my department

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gerdywerdy

Morning everyone

Has anyone heard anything for Sligo and Leitrim

normally Sligo seems to move much quicker than this

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

@skidmarkoner Maybe they're still working through the 2020 panel. I know that was the case in my county until last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lynnington3

As far as I know it’s minimum one day a week in the office for most departments.

Thanks, I may try and go for the Offaly one then as I’m only 30 minutes from Tullamore and even two days in the office would work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lorness

FYI - mayo and galway - received today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

I'm in for both. Got an EOI for interview for leitrim this week but I won't be going for that. I was 6 in OOM

Advertisement