Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My own little lady was the kitten of wild street cats. It took a lot of scrapes and hissing fits before she trusted us.

A very odd time she'll hiss if she is in a mood and doesn't want to cooperate but never scrapes anymore.

She knows where her grub comes from 😆

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tickling a kittens belly and it turns and the next thing you have a furry, hissing, spitting glove wrapped around your hand 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mine are all suckers for belly rubs and never any aggression. The "problem" is that I get submerged and cannot move...,,, ( pause to extract arm from under Oliver)

Dominic is the gatekeeper... His lady out here died last year and I was awarded the care of him

A real privilege and joy

Such a neat fit on the gatepost...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I would love to go to bed but I'll be good and go to my psych appointment, hate staying up on a school day.

Belatedly watching How to get away with murder, it was thrilling, and now preposterous in the best sort of way.

• Advertisement

Trying to knit as I watch old episodes of " The Bill" but there is a cat fast asleep with his head on my shoulder and I would hate to wake him..

The only aggressive cat here wss " Stinkertom" ... earned his name and a lady who lived here used to keep a bucket of water handy to throw at him... He got in here once and the stench... someone well suited to him adopted him and he is now well past the Rainbow Bridge.

Tonto and Dominic are his ?? grandcats??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Find myself back on an Airbus 320 heading back to base. Got to spend an amazing 15 hours with the missus.

Also managed to crack my iPhone screen, one week after I had it replaced and it has a screen protector on it. Rather annoying. At least it has Apple Care for another month.

Post edited by smurfjed on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, working away and very busy.

Dissertation students looking for my help left, right and centre!! 😬😖

Lovely to be needed like that... I miss that!

In some shock here, pleasantly, as when I opened my ESB bill with the usual trepidation and held breath to find I am seriously in credit... This winter shows promise..

Putting ny aching head to rest.. cannot seem to shake this headache

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Does "How to get away with Murder" count as entertainment or professional training? 🤔

Deskside here after an extended lunch break. The lift is working again so I took advantage of that to get some drinks in, and the bins out, before the "lovely" weather tomorrow. Taking it easy now, thankfully work is pretty low maintenance after the madness of last week.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

I feel like I might manage to plan a better murder than those on the show so we'll go entertainment 😉🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Work done for today and now another 2 hours online zoom carers meeting.

I notice that all the crap you had to do 9-5, Monday to Friday, now creeps into all the other times in your life.

Think I'll move to <anywhere else>

EDIT

Oh it's cancelled.

Can do the other things I don't want to do now. 

😀

I'm all worked out.🙄

I was working today while my friends were organising a trip away, trying to work and keep an eye on WhatsApp ffs, anyway we're booked but as I haven't flown since before covid my fecking fear is coming back, I'm just going to ignore it and go with the flow. Looking forward to it now but if there's a weather warning I'll go as far as the airport bar and bail out.☺️☺️☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Duvet I had the same apprehension when I had my first flight after Covid, so fair play to just go with the flow and keep a nice thing you are going to do when you get there , first drink by the pool, or whatever!

I'm sitting down after dinner, watching Michael Portillo in Canada and resisting temptation to book a train journey myself 😂

Deskside, spent long enough on a train at the start of the month to see me out until next year at least, why is so much of this country so inaccessible lads??

Hope the southern wherers have the phones charged and the canoes ready, tonight is already looking eventful 😮 Be safe kids

Lightening all around just not in the city yet.

Fabulous show outside now albeit in the distance, white flashes to the south, blue down west, no thunder to be heard.

All i have is poxy radar *grumble*

• Advertisement

Okay, I may have to backtrack on my original scepticism. just had a nice bit of fireworks around here. This might actually be an interesting night after all...

I've the telly turned down, first rumble of thunder and wind/ rain is ramping up.

I'm watching this mostly because i have no telescope to train on cork https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Oh and this https://twitter.com/CorkSafetyAlert

Cork Safety Alert is a brilliant site to follow on nights like this!

Yep, same here. Started a minute or so after I'd written that rainfall so far was negligible...

I love lightning, the energy of it all.

Ffs , I knew I was spelling it incorrectly. ☺️

Nice rumble just now...sorry for derailing lads, will head to weather forum, I love nights like this, if only I wasn't working in the morning. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 17,043 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The forecast for tomorrow is pretty grim, batten down the hatches if you're in the south of the country.

• Advertisement

Seems the weather is the biggest excitement tonight 😉

Advertisement