Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season Ticket 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Any word ……

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Renewals opened December 2nd last year if I remember correctly

With the cost of living gone up they'd have some cheek charging more this year but I wouldn't be surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Pandiani

This notification has been sent to Limerick clubs today.

A chara,

CLG are going on sale later this week with the Season Ticket for 2023. We have been given confirmation of the following prices.

Adult (Intercounty only): €150

Club +: €250

Juvenile €30.

Again like 2022, there will be no physical cards issued. 

All Season Ticket holders from 2022 will have the opportunity to renew their Season Ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Anyone else get a suspicious looking email yesterday from (supposedly) tickets@gaa.ie containing a link to OneDrive and a subject of "Files Attachment" .

I haven't followed the link yet as I need to do it offline ,because of how dodgy it looks

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Follow up to this , tickets@gaa.ie was "compromised" and had been sending malicious links out to their contacts which probably includes most on here .

Anyone who clicled on links should change password immediately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Quitelife

i got no link or any email but i see the season tickets are up for renewing when i log in online.

Same pirice as last year 150 it seems. Is the club plus one gone up at 250?..i didnt get that anyways .

For a limerick fan last year the 150 was reasonable value

2023 details are up when I sign in but on the buy/renew tab nothing comes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Nothing in my account to renew as it stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Any word on when league fixtures are going to be announced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Just got the renewal email there from the GAA. Looks genuine.

Post edited by lukin on

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

In my account I can see cork, Clare, Wexford and Waterford season tickets in both codes for renewal but nothing else. Can’t renew my own tickets as yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

I just renewed the Limerick hurling season ticket. Currently, it's only accepting renewals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

Just renewed two Chairde Maigheo (club plus) tickets there €500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Was able to renew my Limerick season tickets also today (hadn't got any email - just logged in)

Yes,I didn't get email either so have thrown it into a few WhatsApp groups

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

They must have been in process of enabling all the counties, can see them all now and got renewal email also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

Renewed my Dublin football ones. Looking forward to division 2 tour. Nice to see some new grounds and teams

Be odd to see Dublin play in a curtain raiser final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Couldn't renew on the computer but it went through fine on the mobile for some reason. I hope to **** they sort out seating groups but wouldn't be too confident after this year.

• Advertisement

They won't sort out the seating groups.

There is a work around though and I did this myself last year,email them and ask to have all the tickets put on one person's account.I did this for myself and the Mrs,I know people who did it for bigger groups. A bit of a pain in the hole for the nominated person (who's account will be debited for all tickets,will have to coordinate opt outs etc) but that's the way it is.

Know it won't happen but imagine getting a few perks like it 20% discount to use to buy your county's team wear in Elverys/ONeills/Azzuri etc

I've 0% doubt they'd manage to **** this up somehow. The customer service has been woeful in my 7+ years as a season ticketer so just not worth that effort.

I agreed with you (just double checking there last night,it took 18 emails over and back over a 4 month period but got it done in the end) but its an option for ye.

Anyway,can't be too many of ye if yer from Galway😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That's a good idea, but that's up to those companies contacting the GAA/County Boards to get involved in that, rather than the other way around

Email notifying me to renew came about an hour after I renewed :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm struggling to see any value in this hurling season ticket, unless I'm missing something, please correct me;

5 - League games

2 - Championship games.

1 - League Final

1 - Club Final

They mention league semi finals in their promotional material but I'm pretty sure there are no semi finals this year.

Of those 9 games for me anyway I'd miss at least one, and the league final and club final would be very dependent on what teams get there to be of any value.

That leaves only 6 games I'd definitely attend and it would cost around €100 to attend them all. Realistically I would likely attend 4 of those 6 given that other things pop up meaning I need to miss games occasionally.

Even if I were to attend all 9 I can't imagine the cost reaching €150. League games are €15 and championship €20 I think.

You really are paying a significant premium for the convenience and a potential route to an AI final ticket if your county qualifies.

Comes in handy for Waterford and Clare fans as the Home grounds for the Munster championship are quite small

I'm sick of travelling to Croker at this stage. Not easy being the premier dual county.

For most people the prospect of a guaranteed all Ireland ticket has a value also so this goes into the calculation

If you are from a county that has a good chance of getting there then this is great value imo

Also in Munster last year a number of the round robin matches sold out so getting guaranteed tickets for them is a bonus

Its not cheap but there is value there in my opinion...I dont think the intention is that you save money by buying one....its the comfort of having guaranteed tickets for those who will want to go to most/all matches that makes it value

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well for years it represented value from a cost perspective, then went to a break even but now you are paying over the odds unless you are going to every game, league final, club final etc.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect some sort of discount paying for all these games up front. It just depends how much value you place on that All Ireland ticket and how likely are you to get one from elsewhere.

For me the current price makes it hard to justify but each situation is different. In Leinster there is very rarely any game you can't get a ticket for, same goes for the AI semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

i thought they might have added a second opt out given that there was one the last time the super 8s was ran……….

The only “attendance” that is counted is that you buy tickets for all bar one championship game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Looks like can go to any game in your code again this year. Think that was gone last year.

Kinda looking a bit better. But if your team is not within an asses roar of making the final theres no value in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Division 1 league games will be €18 next year an increase of €3 per game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

From Season Ticket website FAQ's:

The GAA Season Ticket covers the following for your county:

• GAA 2023 Allianz Leagues round matches in selected code.

Did you see otherwise elsewhere suggesting you can attend any League game in your chosen code?

Just doing a few figures here,do we still get first championship "free"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

20% increase - Love to see a bit of inflation there

The first two rounds of the championship are "covered". I wouldn't say "free" as they are factored into the season ticket cost.

Those were slightly sarcastic inverted commas on my part.

I presume you have a hurling ST,I'd be happy if we got the first two games included but I wonder if its the same on the football one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

From my POV, zero value in a season ticket next season (Tipperary).

This thing of the guaranteed All Ireland Final Ticket myth has sailed..... Couldn't believe the amount of spare tickets last year for the AI.

Not worth it IMO from a Tipperary POV - away league games are Antrim and Dublin - will not go to either more than likely. Clare away in first round Munster Championship, do I want to be below in a pig shed? Not really! Rest of the Munster games will be no issue with tickets then, away to Cork and home to Limerick and Waterford. I'll pass.

Ha, fair enough!

I think with the football ST it's just the first round that is free

It differs from year-to-year on how many tickets are available for an All Ireland.

There were always going to be a few available this year given that Limerick has reached and won 3 of the last 4 AIs and KK is also used to being there.

However, tickets would be like the proverbial gold dust if the likes of Waterford, Wexford, and even Cork at this stage got there.

Another example was the football, Kerry and Galway fans were crying out for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Is just the 1st game.

Theres more league games in football.

Also not guaranteed 2 Championship matches in the football.

OK so just working it out here,

I have 2 club plus tickets (€250 a pop)

League games 7 × €18

Championship 1x €30

Total €156 and I get in to club games.

I don't think that's good value.

Note,I have to pre buy all championship games bar one whether I can attend or not to qualify for an all ireland ticket.

It's fallen in value,quality and convenience a long way in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭muddle84

To me, it all comes down to how difficult it is for you to get an AI final ticket. If you have access to a ticket through your club it no longer makes sense to pay that money for a season ticket.

For me, I get a ticket through my role in the club but i always find it hard to get one for my other half so I hold onto the clup plus to take that stress out of the build up to an all ireland final! Which is worth it for me!

Did anyone enquire about changing from club plus down to normal season ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

It's only worth it if you go to all the away games to and with the cost of petrol it all adds up.

I'm not affiliated to a club but I'd be confident of getting a final ticket from sources outside the county.However I couldn't be guaranteed to get one of the Mrs especially sitting together.Funnily enough I managed to get two together for the half capacity 2021 final,possibly the hardest ever game to get ticket to.

The only reason I renewed is for the final tickets as I believe Mayo have a good chance of getting there.I suppose I'm just posting here to lament how far the club plus ticket has dismissed in value and convenience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭MacDanger

That's sh*te enough tbf.

I don't think they should be charging you for the right to buy an AI ticket if your county makes it that far - if you've been to all league & championship games, then IMO, you're the type of supporter who deserves an AI ticket

100%

The old system was much fairer,buy the cheaper Croke Park season ticket and all league games were covered,plus first championship. Attend 60% or more championship games and you were entitled to all ireland ticket.

Buy the more expensive club plus ticket (Chairde Maigheo) and get all league games covered,first championship game,entitled to all ireland ticket (no attendance % required) and also get a gift like a jacket,suit case,umbrella,gillet all with the Mayo crest on them (a bit of a gimmick but a bit of craic too)

Now there is no difference between standard ticket and club ticket except you can get in to club games with the club plus,the difference in price is €100.

They've also done away with seating groups.

However without doubt the worst thing with either ticket is you have to pre buy a ticket for every league and championship game bar one opt out to qualify for an all ireland ticket.This in the same season they've increased the amount of games so if you went all the way to the final you'd need to pay for 17 games whether you could attend or not.Thats a serious outlay of cash before you take into account fuel ,accommodation, food drinks etc.A family would be looking at 4 to 5 grand for a season,I don't know many who could justify that.

It's the same old complaints going on here since last year.

In the name of god, buy one or don't, but quit whinging.

• Advertisement
Advertisement