Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Heavy rain and lightning over dunmanway. It started earlier than forecast

Quite windy in Cork City at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Very impressive lightning near Macroom, Co. Cork atm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Heavy looking bands of rain over West Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭aidanodr

At this stage we need to have a special Cork Weather thread ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

savage thunder and lightening right now in Cork City

After that thunder, here comes the rain... big band heading in to the city (edit: or maybe not... the band seems way too south).

Those rain bands over West Cork still look quite intense, any reports from that area? Could be significant flooding from that?

This system is a lot windier than I was expecting based on forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭cheezums

I think Cork is in big trouble the next few days. Haven't seen this much rain forecast in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild wuthering night even out here in West Mayo.

The weather map is amazing. But we are escaping the worst.

Hang on to your hats...

Every sympathy for anyone who has to go out in THIS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Love when it's cool and dry in and around halloween. Looks like that probably won't be happening this yr. Mild and often unsettled seems likely for the remainder of this month. Rotten

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Orange warning definitely warranted for my part of Wicklow. 37.6mm in Greystones since midnight. Around 20mm of that fell between 6 and 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain and wind in Leitrim this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

The last few Halloween’s have all been mild as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I've no instrumentation but don't think it was too bad here at Rathdrum just based on the general area. Roads that I've seen flooded many times during non warning level rain spells are clear. Maybe was a bit more of a coastal event for Wicklow?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

From radar looks like the rain/showers are dumping their load along the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Kutebride

The squall line over Navan this morning brought such intense rain and still pelting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yeah im near wilkinstown about 10km from navan and the rain has been ridiculous since around 7.30, 5.2mm in the last hour

• Advertisement

Rain lighter now in Greystones, but from radar, more heavy stuff yet to come. 44.6mm since midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

We're only halfway through the Orange warning I grant you that, but so far in Cobh I've had a grand total of 3.5mm worth. It underresponds in strong wind as its up a pole, but certainly no Orange just yet! Things seem to be breaking up and missing us at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭thomil

It's been a bit more here in Ballincollig. My own weather station has recorded 4.9mm today so far. I'm not optimistic for any further significant activities as there seems to be a storm detour in place around the Cork metro area at the moment.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

There's been 12mm in Sligo so far and 8mm in Cork. Why is Cork under Orange warning? Should be maybe Orange warning there for rest of October instead.

There will be further bands of heavy rain over Cork this afternoon.

There's one more coming then it's done. So probably 25mm in total. Hardly Orange territory. Maybe Met Eireann were concerned about all that lightning. Or maybe they were afraid what happened Sunday would happen again but nowhere near as bad as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Colleague in Wicklow (town i think) says flooding in her area and bottom floor of the house flooded :(

Radar looking very ominous for the SE coastal area right now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

52.0mm so far today in Greystones. Lightning/thunder and heavy rain atm.

• Advertisement

Cork rainfall warning now only yellow. Dubs are getting pasted though

Advertisement