Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hades (PC and Switch)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finally got it. With the spear, and like many on here have mentioned, with a run that I thought was starting out pretty pants. Happy with the ending and the reason for the loop, and will definitely be playing more of this, at least to get the true ending, possibly more, but it's gonna be one of those game that I play a run or two and move on to something else, but it'll always be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Nice one. I was same as yourself, a run away from sticking on God Mode and I got him next run. The ending is handled brillianty. I've finished it 4 times but have moved on to other games. I'll definitely go back for the true ending though at some stage.

Boom! Next attempt, beat it with the fists! It appears I don't find any issue getting to the end now, just the last boss being the only part I seem to be struggling on right now, and that's due to the fact that a lot of the builds I go for are close up, so lose health which I could otherwise avoid if I wasn't going hell for leather! Dash with deflect and attack with deflect are boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

And got my first completion, on my 3rd fight with Hades and 22nd run overall. Kinda cheesed it, I had a boon that regenerated health over time and I was using the shield with the aspect of Zeus so I was just flinging the disc into the middle and letting it very gradually wear him down while I kept running away and letting my health charge back up whenever I got hit. Slow but effective.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game but don’t think I’ve enough time or patience to grind away for the full ending, might stick on god mode after this to move things along.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I haven't managed to clear this yet but really enjoying it.

Started with the bow and when I'd unlocked all the hammer upgrades I went to the sword and did the same. Now I'm on the spear which seems way stronger than the sword.

Killed the duo boss on my last run with the sword which is the furthest I've gotten but on my very first run with the spear I almost got that boss again (tinniest sliver of health left when he got me).

• Advertisement

Finished a run with each weapon now. Tried a run with just 1 mod and died in Elysium, but I was using the spear which I hadn't used since I finished a run with it about 15 runs ago! But it got me thinking, this is an excellent opportunity for Sony/PS to team up with Supergiant and help fund/create DLC for PS only where you play as Kratos and have a choice of the Blades of Chaos or Leviathan Axe... I would spend all my money on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bought this a week ago and hopelessly addicted to it. Haven't completed a run yet though. Theseus and the Bull was a wall for a long time but eventually passed them. Now the rats in the small dungeons are driving me up the wall.

The amount of dialogue they recorded for this is amazing. It never seems to end.

Fantastic game, best new game I've played in the last couple of years.

Dionysus is the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

tried playing this and got bored in about 2 mins it just seems to be Bastion with a bad death mechanic

I have no idea what the hype is about on this. Tried turning God mode on and got 2 or 3 rooms further but again its just hack and slash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I've spent about 120 hours on it and still not done with the game. For me the gameplay has an endless amount of depth.

Was also bemused by its popularity. Found the loop tedious enough. I spent far more time on other rogue likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I loved it. It definitely took a good few loops until it properly hooked me, but once I did I thought it was incredibly fun, with a deep combat system where your choices really do have a huge impact on your run and change your combat style. I thought the whole game was really well designed and crafted, and once you do get used to the rhythm of the runs you can just belt through it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think it was a fantastic shallow-but-deep roguelike, with an exceptionally written story & characters. It was like Dead Cells where each run was just the right size where death didn't feel excessively punishing; while the fact much of the story happened back at the starting area meant daeth was also a chance to check-in and talk to its excellent cast.

The story was definitely strong. Just found the combat and the actual runs boring enough. Couldn't keep me for long. I recall never beating that bull.

I quickly ate my words. Got a steam deck and gave this another go. I think the problem I had before is that I quickly got irritated having to start over. It's much more palatable by doing one run and dropping it for a few hours. Finished it just there on my 13th run. It is satisfying when you get a particularly strong build going. Shield was my weapon of choice. Constantly dashing away to keep the distance and having my special highly upgraded bouncing around doing everything. Doubt I'll bother trying to beat it another 9 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Bought this since it was tenner on steam and the sequel got announced and I've put 20 hours in a single week which is extremely unusual for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

You say this but when you get access to more weapons and some of the story elements come into play. It really does subvert your expectations.

Advertisement