Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Autumn2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭squarecircles

so rare to see ireland frequently crackling away on the blitzortung app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Getting closer.

I hope we don't get the usual idiocy on the motorway, every time a heavy downpour like this hits that's section of the M6 out of Galway there is a pile up.

Thunder Athenry now, and massive rain drops.

Status Yellow - Thunderstorm warning for Munster, Leinster, Cavan, Leitrim and Roscommon.

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Bands of thunderstorms with intense lightning strikes causing some disruption in parts.

Valid: 00:00 Thursday 20/10/2022 to 16:30 Saturday 22/10/2022

Issued: 16:58 Wednesday 19/10/2022

Status Orange - Thunderstorm warning for Kilkenny, Limerick, Tipperary, Waterford

Further bands of thunderstorms with intense lightning strikes causing disruption in places.

Valid: 17:03 Wednesday 19/10/2022 to 21:00 Wednesday 19/10/2022

Issued: 17:03 Wednesday 19/10/2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Thunderstorm warning for Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Laois, Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Kerry, Galway, Leitrim, Roscommon

Bands of thunderstorms with lightning strikes causing some disruption in places.

Valid: 17:07 Wednesday 19/10/2022 to 22:00 Wednesday 19/10/2022

Issued: 17:07 Wednesday 19/10/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I'm in that yellow thunderstorm warning from midnight through till Saturday afternoon which is extremely long for a warning

Status Yellow - Thunderstorm warning for Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Laois, Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Kerry, Galway, Leitrim, Roscommon

Bands of thunderstorms with lightning strikes causing some disruption in places.

Valid: 17:07 Wednesday 19/10/2022 to 22:00 Wednesday 19/10/2022

Issued: 17:07 Wednesday 19/10/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Bangs of thunder over Kilkenny now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

any possibllity of sparks tonight in dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Flash and rumble near Fairview just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

Think I just saw a spark there

• Registered Users Posts: 24,860 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Rolling thunder and lightning in Galway an hour ago. It was odd in that there was no rain at all

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Not sure but just heard some thunder somewhere so it might be coming back.

Galway added to the warning very late, activity fizzled out after that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

That active area off Wales is projected to move in over the SE later, will it still be active, good chance of being very active I would think as it moves into the convergence zone once it makes landfall and a lot of Deep layer Shear overhead aiding instability , band of heavy rain moving into the S in an hour or less, not sure how acitive it might become but there must be some chance, hope spookwoman gets some good pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There was a big flash of lightning hitting off near my mums wheelie bins outside her house in Blackrock in Dublin at around lunchtime today. The time it happened would have been between 1:05pm & 1:10pm today.

It frightened the life out of me.

There have a few flashes of lightning that have come back within the last hour or so as we head into the later evening.

Lightning visible South of Galway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Going to stick my kneck out and say it could get explosive later in over the SE and possiby moving up the country some bit, those storms are travelling at spped and can see the Low level shear that they will encounter when they reach land .

Storm near Galway gathering momentum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Now I am back at base, quite a few lightning strikes in the last few minutes to the east of Greystones over the Irish Sea.

I take it back, its fired up again and just saw a big flash as I walked out front door

Heard some thunder around 17.00 here near Tralee, very little rain reached us , just a few drops really, the night is but a pup yet !!

Thunder and lightning Galway now

The rain band just off Cork has become active now.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Things may get interesting in the next while in the south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭typhoony

South Galway is firing at the moment, not lasting long but good all the same, rain not too bad

Line of storms head into the SE next 2 hours, could be an epic show if intensity holds as they make landfall, somewhere is going to get flooding tonight

Should that not be a red warning for the SE

• Advertisement

Double flashes now Galway City, right overhead!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement