Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodlands

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Ended quite well I though. Absurd stuff of course, but watchable. And the more small screen stuff that's made on this island the more of an industry we'll have. Game of Thrones, Vikings, The Fall, Dublin Murders, Smother, Line of Duty, Ripper Street, Penny Dreadful and Bloodlands are prestige shows, most doing quite well internationally. More of this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Marcella and not forgetting Derry girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

joeysoap wrote: »
    Marcella and not forgetting Derry girls

No matter how hard I try to forget Derry Girls I'm still reminded of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I watched the 4 episodes in anticipation it might get better and boy I was wrong. This series has to be the most awful ham-fisted and dreadful attempt at Drama the BBC ever came up with.

Not a single actor was convincing, actually they we're just dreadful, especially Nesbit who at least managed not to loose his hair Toupee once throughout this horror show. I was so bored and can't even think of the characters names but the Doctor, love interest and ultimate victim was just terrible but I guess she can be thankful of not getting a part in series two or at least potential viewers will be thankful, pretty embarrassing amateur acting skills . The daughter was by all accounts present to fill space and beyond irratating and the annoying young detective was like a school boy on work experience, his last line (over the border in the free state) speaking to his superior officer, a Token Catholic, kind of said it all.

I've lost 4 hours of my life watching this S****, I'll never get it back, let's be hopeful the BBC change their minds, awful, awful stuff. Thank god it was free to watch.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I watched the 4 episodes in anticipation it might get better and boy I was wrong. This series has to be the most awful ham-fisted and dreadful attempt at Drama the BBC ever came up with.

Not a single actor was convincing, actually they we're just dreadful, especially Nesbit who at least managed not to loose his hair Toupee once throughout this horror show. I was so bored and can't even think of the characters names but the Doctor, love interest and ultimate victim was just terrible but I guess she can be thankful of not getting a part in series two or at least potential viewers will be thankful, pretty embarrassing amateur acting skills . The daughter was by all accounts present to fill space and beyond irratating and the annoying young detective was like a school boy on work experience, his last line (over the border in the free state) speaking to his superior officer, a Token Catholic, kind of said it all.

I've lost 4 hours of my life watching this S****, I'll never get it back, let's be hopeful the BBC change their minds, awful, awful stuff. Thank god it was free to watch.

So, in essence, you've mixed feelings about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    So, in essence, you've mixed feelings about it?

LOL, no mixed feelings unless your referring to a mixture of boredom, mundaness, awfulness etc etc :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

The_Dave wrote: »
    What I don't get is
    Jackie knows Tom's wife was last seen about 2 weeks before he reported her missing, how does Tom account for this?:confused:

Thought the same, did everyone just forget about that after the shootout :confused: It was ok but think I'm glad it was just four episodes long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Absolute bull**** from start to finish. Absurd nonsense. Nesbitt pulling faces constantly. Goliath my arse more like Midget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I thought this was dreadful by the numbers stuff too. Not convincing at all. Nesbitt is an extremely wooden actor and he was solid oak in this. In no way shape or form did he convince me as a Cop and certainly not a “Goliath”. It was all just the usual rehashed Norn Iron cliches, riddled with cliches and terrible acting.

Worryingly, Jed Mercurio was involved in this mess. Hope it’s not a sign of things to come for the upcoming new series of Line of Duty.

• Jesus that was ****e.
    The overacting, the painfully going over things so many times to make sure we got it....

Will I watch season 2 .....probably!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The scenery wasn't too bad, there should have been more of it.

I thought it was a coincidence that the cop brought in to do the interrogation is also in Unforgotten being interrogated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

Jesus that was ****e.
    The overacting, the painfully going over things so many times to make sure we got it....

Will I watch season 2 .....probably!
    Tbh I'd go along with that, I watch a lot of telly that's much worse, so ya, I'll stick around for S2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭CoBo55

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The scenery wasn't too bad, there should have been more of it.

I thought it was a coincidence that the cop brought in to do the interrogation is also in Unforgotten being interrogated.

And she was the killer in cracker back in the 90's, make yer mind up missus:D:D

CoBo55 wrote: »
    And she was the killer in cracker back in the 90's, make yer mind up missus:D:D

I didn't realise that her brother is John Lynch, who also seems to be in everything :D

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001487/?ref_=nm_dyk_trv1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Just finished the last episode , I was expecting it to be better than that, very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I really rate Lisa Dwan as an actor. She was incredible in Pale Sister a couple of years ago (maybe longer😳). Shame that her character died

Series two starts on Sunday September 18th

Think I'll pass sure we know he's Goliath... It was pretty awful anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The first season started well but then turned out to be pretty poor.

This second season is an absolute shambles.

Have it recording not sure if I'll bother tbh.

It seems easy to lose interest in this series, and I think the most awkward scenes are the Nesbitt/Smurfit "loved up" ones. The chemistry is completely non-existent 🤣

I thought the first series was daft, but bearable.

This is much better, still daft but Charlene McKenna, Victoria Smurfit, Lorcan Cranitch and the actors playing Birdy, Izzy & Ryan Savage are all very good. Great scenery, the plot and tension are decent and it’s very entertaining Sunday now get telly.

I’d happily watch another season. Hard to see it happening though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I don't know, with that ending it looks like they are setting things up for another season.

I thought Brannicks wife might have made an appearance in it, I know she is supposed to be missing but it seems like she must be dead or else they are waiting until S3.

I agree, they're definitely hoping for a third season but the viewer numbers are way down so it may not get renewed. They'll have to go off on an entirely different direction as Brannick is in a fair bit of hassle.........

Boston gangsters coming for revenge, Nesbitt in jail??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Anyone recognise the Foyle's house?

I'm sure it appeared in one of Dermot Bannon's shows, about great houses

Advertisement