Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Can I ask, what is the value of pre conditioning?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Faster charging as the battery will be at optimal temp, which is critical to getting max charge rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭John arse

Might have been asked already,what's the standard audio/stereo system like-i test drove an ioniq 5 this week and the speakers were absolutely dreadful!

Just the standard house settings. I've found it very good, definitely not terrible. Not sure if it's the same system on the Ioniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

When the missus got her i5 she got our son to play around with the sound settings, she said made a big difference. Haven't heard any complaints since, she likes her music...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Washed the car for the first time yesterday. Discovered something concerning in the front headlights... Cracks!

I've had no collision of any kind, no evidence of collision while parked. And aside from that, the main reason I'm not too suspicious of it being an impact "injury" is because it's in BOTH headlights! (left worse than right)

Anyone experience anything like this? Have a quick check of your lights to make sure maybe?

Will contact dealership tomorrow but wanted to know if there's a trend?

Edit: should add that I didn't use a pressure hose of any kind, just regular hose.

Post edited by kuang1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

Any recommendations as to what to change to get the best out of it? My untrained ear knows the sound is fine but could be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

@kuang1 The second picture looks like there is an uneven gap between headlamp & bumper, but could be just reflection playing tricks.

If there is a gap there, perhaps they are not fitted correctly and maybe closing the bonnet could have caused it?

Only mention that as it’s the only other reason I can think of that could cause damage like that on both lamps when no other impact happened.

Good luck with the dealer & I really hope they sort it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

He says he just turned up the treble and bass, sounds less tinny.. Must have a listen sometime, never seem to get near the car, also I am an untrained ear so could be terrible yet sounds fine to me. Others say my Model 3 RWD sound is not great, but I think it is excellent..☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Thanks for the reply...

Funny thing is I haven't opened the bonnet once yet since I brought the car home 7 weeks ago!

Am waiting to get the opinion of a crash repair guy on the phone in case he's seen anything like this before or might think of a cause that I haven't.

Will then contact dealership and see what kind of a response I get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Price going up again as I understand.

Dealer has informed me that they have been notified today that the price after grant will be €56,400 for an EV6 earth model. Which does not make sense as SEAI grant is for anything €60k and below surely.

Doing a fiddle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭John arse

Was maybe interested in one,might wait for ioniq 6.just getting too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

must be 60k-5k grant + delivery..

in unrelated news our delivery costs are €1,400!

its a bit of a sneaky way to have the grant and charge more

Doing a fiddle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Absolutely a fiddle. That's pretty frustrating and disappointing in equal measures. Website not updated yet though.

MY I think.

I'd say that's it. Sneaky. I must see what another dealer is quoting.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

I'd say a good few of the pre-orders will be jumping ship to the MY now if price increases to €55k+. Model Y coming in just over €54k base price. Can add EAP after purchase

Dublin KIA dealership quoted me €56,100. Clearly they're applying charges after the grant. SEAI state these costs should be included.

>The full price of the vehicle to the customer includes all optional extras, paint and delivery but excludes any incentives such as grants or rebates.

Obviously they want to keep the EV6 within SEAI levels to appeal to the likes of myself, but the attitude about it from both dealers was it's standard practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

New pricing up on Kia.ie - € 2,300 increase over last price - these exclude delivery and metallic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Price increase definitely on the way, confirmed at dealers conference last Friday but scale of increase likely to be circulated this week.

Possibility of a slightly stripped out GT-Line coming also to get in just under the grant but no mention of what they’re going to remove from current GT-Line specification.

No cars to be registered until January as sales quotas full etc. as per recent reports of Ioniq 5’s.

Ioniq 6 unlikely to be any cheaper given their linkage to Kia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

So I wonder what the difference is between the "GT Line" they previously offered and the "GT Line S" they are now offering ?

Oh they have that in the UK where the S was an upgrade on the line, but our specs never matched even for the same names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Anyone have an issue with the boot auto closing once it's fully opened?

When I use the power button on the boot it opens as normal, then beeps two or three times and then closed immediately.

I haven't had a chance to bring it down to the dealer to look into it.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

So I went today to get the update for the battery pre-conditioning (when navigating to a HPC).

The dealer insists the update was applied (and showed me a printout of some software number changing) but alas it didn't work. The Software/firmware values that I can access haven't changed, there was no "red coil" symbol on the battery on the dash screen to indicate battery heating (when navigating to a HPC) and the "battery care" energy usage was still zero after navigating & driving for 25 mins to an Ionity HPC.

Changing started at 72kW (26% SoC) and jumped to 112kW a few minutes later (and stayed at that until I left at 40% SoC). Those are the same numbers I was seeing last week (and last February).

KIA customer support (email) now tell me 3 updates are needed (but can't tell me the software numbers). I should just wait until someone else figures it out and it's common knowledge among KIA dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

your charging numbers are def wrong! When I get to charge at ESB supercharger around 20% SOC, I normally get around 130 - 140 kW

My numbers are accurate. These speeds are by no means poor, but the car can do better with a suitably warm battery pack (I've seen over 200kW but that was about 15 mins into a charging session that started with less than 10% SoC, i.e. when the battery got up to temperature)

Edit: sideways images

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

@eltoastero You might have been over the recommended SOC which is under 24 percent for battery pre conditioning to kick in

Now Kia says it has released a software update that resolves this issue and allows the vehicle to get much closer to its claimed 10 to 80 percent charging time of 18 minutes. It’s basically an upgrade to the battery pre-conditioning function that the vehicle already had, which already included navigation data to know exactly when to start warming up the pack (and also when to stop).

After the update, when the driver sets a fast charger as a destination in the navigation, the vehicle will automatically begin to preheat the battery when it drops below 21 degrees Celsius (69.8 degrees Fahrenheit)and the state of charge is under 24 percent. Battery heating will be deactivated once optimum temperature is reached and Kia says that this will see cold weather charging rates increase by up to 50 percent

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, very useful information in that article (that information should ideally be included within the UI in the car or passed on by the dealer, I try to stay on top of information available so if I didn't know this then the average Joe won't either).

I'll try again as soon as I can, the dream is to be able to pull in to charge for 5 mins and add 100km of range to make it home without the kids waking.

Advertisement