Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Ahh - not sure I agree with the math there Maulbrook. Sure prices have gone up a lot on the new installations, maybe 20%. 30% even? But we still see people getting the formula in about €1.2K/1Kwp, so let's call it 25% that solar installations have increased. As 12 months ago we had the €1k/1Kwp.

Conversely, electricity prices have gone on average from from €0.134 to €0.188 in the last 12 months. An increase of 40%

Prices | Energy Statistics In Ireland | SEAI

All things being equal with the prices of electricity they way they are today, it's actuall the oppositie that it's MORE cost effective to install solar than it was 12 months ago.

More price rises (probably) coming in Jan on rates by the way. Course people who got in solar last year, or the year before are doing EXTREMELY well on their investment, but even today.....it's a positive return on your money in a reasonable timeline, and of course your keeping Greta happy.

Post edited by bullit_dodger on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Your 100% spot on, It could be all the price rises is starting to get to me. Yes some value can be found, its just the amount of installer bandwagon jumpers is insane.

To everyone, do your homework and get a lot of quotes

My install is in since 2019 with a then grant of €3800. So my view might be a little down trodden at the moment.

But on a good note the good people here on Boards are a huge help and their is a exelent Facebook group with 20 thousand plus members. Lots of helpful information too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

My installer turned up today out of the blue..they were doing another nearby installation and it was to windy to handle the panels so they just did the roof brackets front and back..seemed very efficient and no fuss.. back tomorrow to put up panels... Wiring by electrician might be another two weeks out or more.. still nice to see movement on the install. Booked it Sept 26th and they quotes 6 to 8 weeks lead time.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Is anybody having trouble getting quotes!, Considering going solar and looking for quotes so sent off some mails and filled in some online forms last week but got nothing back from any of them..

Probably looking for about 10-12 panels with the option to upgrade at a later time, have a South facing roof and drive a EV.

New to all this, so just learning!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

Yeah - demand is far outweighing supply right now

• Advertisement

are you allowed have a thread detailing your experience of working with an installer? i was going to start a thread and mention my supplier and how the installation is going.. detailing from quotation experience to install to getting up and running but not sure if thats allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

You cannot name installers, but if you wanted to start a thread with everything but the name, folks would fine it interesting. The issue is to do with the fact that the company that owns this site is partially libel for any claims made on the site, so if you cannot say X was shite best not to allow Y was good. Not sure how the links of google reviews survive in this climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

+1 it would help people to call out what to watch out for with any installer going over the lifecycle you mention. But naming people wouldn't be appropriate (not just for libel, as maybe people get an underhand kickback for promoting, or want to throw someone under the bus, or promote a mates company....).

My experience of an installer might be positive while someone else was negative (or vice versa). Each house is a different design. So even the same sales person, installers + sparks could be great for me and muck for someone else. Or depending on when people started the process to get it installed would have an impact (they have likely all too much work on now). Our small 2 bed terrace house is different to a house on it’s own land with a large S facing roof. 

Go over to the Facebook group , no problem naming company's there and good or bad experience you may have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Abromavich

So managed to get them to increase by 3 panels bringing it from a 4.8kWp system to a 6.1kWp system for an extra 960 eur.

Brings the price after the grant from €6,500 up to €7,460 including a 6kw Solis inverter. Works out as €1,222 per kw. They may not be able to get the extra 3 panels on the roof but guess I'll find out in Feb.

Is there any reason to go for a Hybrid inverter? I don't plan on getting battery as the FIT rate with flogas is 21c per kWh...

• Advertisement

Lads - just got my first quote,

16x 385w panels (only really want about 10!)

6kw inverter

eddie

end of the day price 13425 (if we sign up to some solar home thing) which is about 2200 per kw

this seems mad high per kw, what do ye think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

What watts are those panels? (6.1-4.8)/ 3 = 430?

Ask them what the price difference is between the hybrid and non-hybrid and then make a call on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Bakka

If you don't plan on getting a battery, it doesn't make sense to pay extra for a hybrid inverter. A battery doesn't make financial sense to me, with the better than expected FIT payments being offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

They are listed as 410w (leapton panels). I guess is it should really be 4.92kwp and not 4.8kwp on the first quote.

Hybrid is an extra €750. Does it give any extra monitor or optimization??

Yeah that's my thought also

If your not getting a battery then go with a standard inverter, you could save about 500 to 700

• Advertisement

Mmmm.... ! I see what you've done there sir.. !!! very good !😉😉😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JoeBillyBob

Hi - just started looking into solar PV - had some guys here yesterday .... this is the quote:

14x420 Trina panels

Huawei 5KTL

Eddi diverter

€14185

from what i can see there is about 5k maybe 6k in materials - so these guys are charging 8k for labour ?

Post edited by JoeBillyBob on

Is there a battery? Seems very expensive.. a lot of people are saying the Eddi is not worth it with grid payments for exports. that price including the 2,400 grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

Probably the most crazy quote I've ever seen.

Think it's just the chancer companies with nothing to lose by quoting through the roof (pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CHorn

Hi,

Just got quote: 12 x Jinko 410W N-Type AB (JKM410N-54HL4-B) for a total of 4.9kw, 1 x SoFar 4KW 1P String Inverter (SOFAR 4KTLM-G3), 1 x FSS (Fine Sun Sensor?) 1 x BER, 1 x Empowered by Light. Cost €7781 net of grant, Dublin area install.

A couple of Qs:

1) Not sure if good value or not, seems a little steep versus guidelines?

2) Is FSS a Fine Sun Sensor? And not sure what that is or if needed- I've a flat roof directly south facing, no shade issues.

3) Not sure what 1 x BER, 1 x Empowered by Light are, any ideas?

4) The generation is 4.9KW but the inverter is rated for 4KW, is that OK or should inverter also be 5KW?

Any thoughts appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭johndoe11

Went with quote one on the above, February install. Managed to get increased to 8kw with a battery for 12,200 after grant. Happy with that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 bobster2543

Looking into getting solar panels fitted on the garage I don't have room on the house.

Have been told if not getting a battery then go with a normal inverter. (Cheaper option)

Also was told If wanted to fit the hybrid inverter and battery option, I would have to run a cat5 cable out to the garage, so it can regulate the supply ect from the main consumer box.

I would have thought there must be a WiFi option for this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement