Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Thanks for the update. Mine was meant to be delivered to MailboxDE today but wasn't so I presume it'll be tomorrow. Nice to know I'll hopefully have it by next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

No bother at all. I know there are a good few in this thread in the same boat. Hopefully tomorrow and I'll post here whenever it lands.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yeah bit better or worse than other brands of new phones. The battery on my Note 9 isn't great (even after a replacement) but can only assume its better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Confusselled

Thanks for the update, If you get it tomorrow and we follow the same timeline mine should arrive next Thursday. Have fun with it tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Cex have a pixel 7 Pro in stock for 800 in grade A if anyone looking for a bit of a savings.

Mine was delivered to MailboxDE this morning. They seem really quick because the DHL tracking is still showing it over 30 stops away but I got an email at half 9 to say they received it. Paid for GLS, €19.94. Very impressed with them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭iHungry

One of my orders just arrived at the mailboxde. Hopefully get it by next weekend via gls. Another order is delayed so Google said they're giving me €20 credit but I don't see no credit when I login. I'm afraid to message them I don't want to bring to much attention to my address incase they cancel it 🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

why did everybody by from the DE store - was it down to the bundles on offer?

I bought from the irish google store. Ordered Friday received on Monday.

In fairness the odds of the support agent scrutinising the address are small but if it was me I'd probably wait until it shipped to push for the credit.

Do you know how long it's delayed for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭iHungry

"We are sorry that you will not receive the ordered item by the originally announced estimated delivery date".......Yes I'm going to wait as it's only €20, the risk Vs reward is not worth it 😝

I went for the 256gb pro snow coloured, I think it's delayed roughly by a week, expected now between 3-10 Nov for the mailboxde delivery.

My Mailboxde package is due to be delivered today. No further info other than "This parcel is expected to be delivered today "

Just to recap for anyone new to the thread, my order was delivered to Mailboxde last Friday and I had and automatic dispatch set up. I paid around 27 in total to them which was 6.95 or so for the automatic dispatch, and then 19.90 or so for the delivery to Ireland through GLS.

They picked it up in Germany the same day but the route to Ireland was scenic to say the least. Route was Germany to Czech Republic, then back to Germany before actually shipping to Ireland. It arrived in Ireland yesterday and as I said, is due to land today some time.

Just keep that in mind with regard to your expectations. I hope I am the odd one out and that it is typically shorter (maybe without the stop off in Czech Republic), but that's what happened with mine anyway.

Hopefully I'll be able to update the thread this evening after work with confirmation of delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

I don't know where mine is....so I ordered the P7 pro with the Watch from Germany, I also ordered the case. Case dispatched Czech to Germany and stopped it seems. Mailbox.de has already deducted my account and sent it with GLS. What i've no update on is my 7 pro and watch. Google store still says delivery between Nov 3 - Nov 8.

That's probably only to my Mailbox.de so will be another few days to me here with GLS. Then i noticed my Revolut (i paid revolut through paypal) was approx 900 higher than expected. I'll see if the case arrives in the next few days. Looks like they gave me back the price of the phone and will hopefully in turn take it back in the coming days when it dispatches. I don't even want the watch just give me the phone. I am not good at waiting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

Yeah, the initial €900 on your Revolut is just pending, and is returned to you after a week if they don't dispatch. They'll take it from you again upon dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

Note 9 had/has better battery life, from what I'm seeing. I used to be a little obsessed with battery life when buying a new phone, used to always take several screenshots of battery life when first getting them, to compare to previous models. I could hit 8 hours screen on time when I first got the Note 9. I wouldn't say this phone would get that high, although wouldn't be a mile off. Battery still gets through a day no problem.

Just got tracking number for GLS from MailboxDE. Have to say that's some turn around. Delivered this morning and already set to be collected by GLS.

I'll set my expectations for next Friday (based on previous GLS deliveries from Europe and jaykay2), if it comes a day or two early even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tompson

Mine was delivered this morning and just collected by GLS. Did you receive the email with "1 package"? I thought they would send individual packages.

Also, setting my expectations for next Friday.

I've ordered stuff together from Google before and they package it together if it's all in stock so I wouldn't be worried. Glad they did though as saves on an extra MailboxDE charge.

Just been informed that the package arrived in the last half hour.

Arrived a week after shopping from Mailboxde in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Leon124

Where do you live? I haven't been informed (Cork) :-(

Longford. Showed up in tracking as in Ireland yesterday and then landed this afternoon.

Still setting things up but moving from a Pixel 6 to a 7 Pro, it feels a lot bigger in the hand. Definitely more awkward to hold but I'm sure I'll get used to it. The 6's screen feels small now already.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

I'm selling my Pixel 7 Pro 128gb Hazel, cork area will take 800.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 threein9999

My wife's Pixel 7 has to be returned, the touchscreen stops working intermittently. Anyone else had that issue or did she just get unlucky and get a dud ?

Haven't had that issue thankfully. Sounds like you might have a dud alright.

Really unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Does Vodafone have them in stock? I rang one of the stores and they didn’t even know it was on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Sounds like a mess to be honest. I dropped into the Vodafone store in Limerick city and was told they have them in back ready to sell but they aren't allowed until the middle of November. I'm currently trying to get one through work and have been told it won't be available for another week or two there either.

Yet the website has them for sale with immediate dispatch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I have called to three different Vodafone stores, 1 didnt know the phone was released, 1 said they hoped to get them soon and the third in Limerick crescent shopping centre said they did not think the shops were getting them in for sale.

How bad are vodafone at training their staff when they dont know what phones they have for sale?

I can purchase online but would rather purchase in store as im porting over from 3 to Vodafone.

Advertisement