Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

I wasnt changing the wheels .. if you flick from standard to performance then back to standard it changes to larger wheels on the standard!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Then that means it’s decreased because of the 20” wheels. Change it back to 19” to see the 455 figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

According to Harry Metcaffe, dealers in the UK are struggling to shift high priced 2nd hand EVs due to the UK BIK only applying to new cars - in other words, there’s a disproportionate number of high-priced new EV’s going into company fleets, that the 2nd hand private market can’t support/won’t pay.

If there was a market for the Irish Tesla inventory at their current prices, they’d be selling. all indicators are that the 2nd hand car market has peaked, and I’d be buying nothing in the 2nd hand market right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Ordered. Now we wait. “Financiers” should be calling me at some point to arrange finance options… wonder when

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

How long does it take to get the Vehicle Registration Cert?

I took delivery of Model 3 on 24th Sept and still haven't got it. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

The range is dependent on which size of wheels/tyres you select in the configurator

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No, I had my cert and tax disc before I had the car!

That doesn't sound right. Tax disc should only take less than a week and you should have received your vehicle registration approx. 1 week after your car got deliver - at least that was my experience.

• Advertisement

did you tax the car online yet?

once you tax it, the VRC comes within a week.

You can also check transaction history on motor tax site to see when the last VRC was issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Ah, I haven't taxed it yet! Is that the problem? All the correct info is on the Motortax.ie site and it says no VRC issued in the last 3 months.

Because you haven’t taxed it yet.

Do that plus the arrears and the VRC will follow.

Human Error 🤣

• Yep, you'll need to tax the car (I assumed you did already!). Use your licence registration number and for the PIN - Last six characters of your vehicle's chassis number (VIN) for first time taxing of a brand new vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

What way does Spotify work with Premium Connectivity ?

I dont have a paid subscription at the moment, once i get PC is it like a full paid version (no ads etc) in the car ? Can i use it on the phone in the house also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

It creates a car specific account afaik tied to the car and not usable anywhere else, I only tested it briefly but then logged in to my own Spotify for all of my playlists, podcasts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Am I right in saying the new cheaper Model Y is the "Standard Range" one that's just been introduced in Europe?

Any idea what the battery size in this is?

I bought a KIA EV6 earlier this year as (at the time) it was about 15k cheaper than the cheapest Model Y, which I'd prefer the bigger boot of.

Thinking I could sell the Kia (possibly for close to what I paid for it as new prices have gone up) and get this Model Y

But I'm just trying to work out how much worse it would be range wise.

I did a 4,000km round trip to South of France in the Kia EV6 this summer which worked very well/was not that much slower than an ICE car using Ionity chargers all the way.

I'll be doing this trip every summer and probably wouldn't fancy it taking longer in the Tesla with smaller battery/slower charging. Kia Earth Model has 528km of range vs the Tesla's 455km so guessing there is a difference in battery.

Other alternative for bigger booted EV is to wait for KIA EV9 but no idea on when exactly that will launch and waiting times will probably be silly also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Have a look at abetterrouteplanner for the trip you did to see the difference, the slightly better aerodynamics of the Tesla might make up some of the difference in battery size.

Yes a Standard Range.

At the moment we are not exactly sure if it will be the 60 kWh LFP battery that’s in the M3 or the newer BYD Blade 55 kWh battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Posts from others earlier in the week indicate that the €53K Model Y will have very similar range to a 77kWh ID.4 especially if you have motorway speeds on your journeys. This info was based on the better aerodynamics and efficiency figures of the Tesla. I’m guessing your EV6 would have the same range as the ID.4.

At €53K with a pretty good standard specification, it looks a very attractive proposition compared to the ID.4,Enyaq 80,EV6 and the 77kWh Ioniq5 if it is really close to them in range. It should be cheaper to run too if it’s that much more efficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

In addition to what others said, the Supercharger network might make the trip stops more optimised, where you can aim to arrive at a supercharger with under 10%, compared to alternative CCS chargers for the KIA.

Did you consistently get high charge speeds on the EV6, i.e. 230kw? the ioniq 5 seems to be very particular on what conditions have to be met before charging at 220kw (battery temperature in a very narrow band)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

So been looking for clues on why the price has been discounted.

On my invoice for the Model there is a charge for "model 3 RWD" on top of the base price - same on the model Y invoice only the "model Y RWD" figure is a lot less so that seems to be where the difference comes from.

Anyone know what this particular charge relates to?

I have to say the different way they display charges between the order/invoice/finance/final invoice is utterly confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks very much for the replies. That is a significantly smaller battery, especially in the case of the 55kw one.

Even though the Model Y should be quite a bit more efficient than the Kia I can't see it making up for 22kw more battery.

My one big long return trip to France a year will only be done in the summer.

I was really impressed with the Kia charging at the Ionity chargers, it really did hit the 20-80% in 18 mins as advertised. Outdoor temps were in the 20s which I think is about ideal.

The other thing is because the Kia charging is so fast the best speed to drive at to get there quickest is as fast as possible, so I was doing about 140kmph on the French motorways. It was not very economical but I can live with high electricity usage on the trip (the aim is to do each 2000 km as quick as possible) so again I think the Kia will win here against a Tesla with a significantly smaller battery/slightly slower charging even if more efficient.

I tried putting it into ABRP (I'm not sure how accurate it's details for the standard range Model Y is) and it seemed to think the Kia would be about 45mins faster.

Like I say if all things were equal I'd prefer the Model Y to the Kia in that its bigger in terms of internal space, I like a glass roof etc. The reason for the trip to France is mainly to bring a soon to be very large 80kg dog on holidays with us so the Model Y would definitely be better in that regard, Kia boot shape is not great.

But it seems this model is probably quite a downgrade on the Kia in terms of range which would be a bit of a dealbreaker for me. I might hold on for the EV9 which I think looks good, bigger again that either of them, mega fast charging (up to 350kw) to make up for the fact it will be a bit of a brick.

I'll go do a test drive of the Tesla to be sure though, have never driven one before.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Most likely a country specific pricing component fro Ireland (not related to VAT, VRT etc). The sum of the two components you mention comes to the advertised price. If Tesla make a policy decision on pricing in a particular country I suspect its this component to the pricing that changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The Tesla supercharger network tied into the cars computer is way more advanced than any other manufacturer.

No trying to find the nearest ionity or equivalent station. No wondering if that station will be busy or actually working. No messing around with apps, credit cards, network specific cards.

Just type your destination into the Tesla sat nav and the car will do the rest. When you pull up to a charger there is no faffing around. Reverse in, plug in and instantly the car is charging.

Kia Ev6 WLTP = 520KM (real world 410 according to evdb)

Tesla MY WLTP = 455KM ( real world 345 according to evdb)

Tesla has no V2L also

Yes that’s in mine with my comments in the MY thread that i expect the MY to do 350km.

Not surprising the EV6 has a longer range with the significant battery size, is it 74 kWh? To compare like for like you’d need the M3 LR I’d say.

V2L is great in concept and may be part of our future but the current cost of the kit required at home to make it work, there’s probably only a handful of installations in the country.

Also, if using the base MY here, should it not be compared to the base EV6 which is the 2WD, 54 kWh version with a range of 305km?

V2L is great in concept and may be part of our future but the current cost of the kit required at home to make it work, there’s probably only a handful of installations in the country.

Can be useful for

1. Recreation - no extra equipment ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0vUGmrAys )
    2. Tools in remote sites - no extra equipment

Also, if using the base MY here, should it not be compared to the base EV6 which is the 2WD, 54 kWh version with a range of 305km?

No sure the LR EV6 is roughly the same price as the SR MY (€55K )

• Advertisement

Yeah that’s fair enough. It’s €54,950 plus dealer related charges for the 74 kWh version.

€52,900 for the MY inclusive or all charges.

So not a lot in it there.

Advertisement