Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Nothing of note from division 4 untradeable rewards.

Coman and Busquets. Handy for SBC fodder I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Still just stacking IFs, Gakpo and Trapp are both around 6k more than what I bought them for, the 84s need an SBC to boost them though. They'll come good eventually.

Well that's some encouragement

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Why won't any idiots buy my Dalots at 22k? 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Is there any formation where you can play no strikers ala the Spanish national team in 2012? I play possession based attack and it would be cool if you could play something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

There's a 4-3-3 with a false 9 down as CF, don't think you'll find anything else without a ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

something like 433 (5) with all on come back on defense?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

4-3-3(5) :) only formation with no ST's available

Another nice TOTW sale, very early in the cycle too

87 Max Hero pack added to code

The OVR limit still allows Yaya and Marchisio

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, I thought the Messi and Insigne would have popped If prices, but they haven’t. Those are the type of SBCs that would have had them lurch from 12k to 18k a year or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I'd say needing only a few wins in weekend league guaranteeing 3 totws has killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Best SBC to try out of the current bunch? Have enough fodder and coins to do most except Messi obviously!

None of them have grabbed my attention but would invest if any are actually worth it.

Insigne is a great super sub and cheap messi price is ridiculous imo versus his gold

I'd say the SBC is a bigger issue. 83 squad with 1 85 for an IF, and you can do it 10 times? That, and I think people are just getting so, so many specials thrown at them.

Like....I'm already at a point, I need top tier cards to upgrade my squad now. In October.

Might sell off 10-15 of them, and bring in Haaland for the weekend, lol

Screw it, Haaland bought for the weekend 😂

Anyone use Capdevila by any chance? I'm using Cancelo LB and IF Dalot at RB, but feel I need to upgrade the latter. So thinking of swapping Cancelo over to the right side, and trying Capdevila at LB.

Picked these up today and set them up tonight - a total game changer.

Literally had it set up in 2 minutes, no lag whatsoever during games, and no cables running all over the house any time I want to play without lag.

Mrs Brent is very pleased with them also! 😅

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

Lads anyone else missing the free kick curl indicator I can move the arrow around but it doesn’t have the text any more to say what kind of free kick it is

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The Messi SBC isn't great tbf. And the Insigne one if live for 100 days so loads of time for people to do it.

I do feel the IF trading is not as viable this year. But I also felt that at this time next year and then the market exploded in December.

Definitely think the gamble SBCs (guaranteed icon/hero/promo card) spike fodder more

• Advertisement

Team for this weekend, Zola has been difficult to fit in without hurting the chemistry:

Switching between 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-2-2 in-game. Salah is absolutely miles ahead of any other card I've used this year, not mad about Jota but he's worth it just for getting Salah on full chem.

Also another sale for this morning, it's slow but I've had a few IFs go already

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone else having issues scoring penos? Bloody hate them! Most of them I end up ballooning somewhere into row z even though I've barely pressed anyway haha.

Haven't worked it out fully yet, but I think I may be able to get up to full 33 chemistry by switching Cancelo to RB, Robertson in at LB, and I could replace Jota with Haaland without taking a chemistry hit.

So basically, is it worth downgrading from 1 chem Hakimi to 3 chem Robertson if I can upgrade Jota to Haaland, but I'd have to sell off my IFs at a small loss to afford him?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

Anyone buy the game from an account provider like game cards.net or the likes? Theres a big discount from the €70 in shops so just checking to see if anyone has used likes of them as never used them.

Never found them easier to be honest. Just starting powering up and aiming the shot as soon as the circle is at its smallest, and always stay at least 10% below max power.

Still see a lot of them getting saved though, but no issue at all hitting the target.

Is there something you can turn on to see the circle? I see nothing but the shot bar.

Old gen or new gen? The circle is on for me by default, I've never seen an option to turn it off.

• Advertisement

Yeah, with the (seemingly) weekly TOTW SBC's I think they are going in hard against TOTW trading. Trying to make them widely accessible and thus less valuable.

Normal gold cards seem to be the way to go this year. 85's for example went from 6,800 to 12,000 recently. 87's went from 14k to 20k when the Base Icon SBC dropped.

I've gone in on 86's. They seem to be very underpriced at 13k compared to 84/85/87's, as no big SBC thus far has had them as a key requirement.

I expect that to change very soon, maybe even as early as Sunday/Monday with the pending Max 87 Hero SBC.

I also club stocked 84's a couple of weeks ago at around 1,600 and they've risen to 2.7k-ish now without any real content, so they should be a nice little earner in time.

Advertisement