Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

If murray starts they are doomed. Need casey to pull through.

I watched the game again tonight. Carberry was not great for the first 20. Ok for the next 20 and then good in the second half once crowley came on. Crowley oozed class any time he stepped into the line as the playmaker.

I know squad dynamics are tricky and carberry is back up for ireland, but crowley is a better outhalf right now imo. I’d start him against Leinster. If not 10, then at 15.

In saying that, i thought beirne at 6 was the key. They need to play big again if injuries allow.

And Carbery got MOTM, would make you wonder alright

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

dunno how carbery got MOTM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Munster: Jack Crowley; Shane Daly, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Liam Coombes; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Diarmuid Barron, Keynan Knox; Jean Kleyn, Tom Ahern; Jack O’Donoghue (C), John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Scott Buckley, Dave Kilcoyne, James French, Jack O’Sullivan, Ruadhan Quinn, Paddy Patterson, Ben Healy, Patrick Campbell.

No POM, no Beirne, no Casey, no Nash. Up against it for this one... Looking forward to seeing Crowley, Ahern and Hodnett starting tho and Ruadhán Quinn back on the bench.

No Niall Scannell or Fekitoa either; the only 2 players who've started all 5 games for us I think, so presumably having to manage their minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Very callow team for tomorrow. That Bulls game really took its toll.

Munster: Jack Crowley; Shane Daly, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Liam Coombes; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Diarmuid Barron, Keynan Knox; Jean Kleyn, Tom Ahern; Jack O’Donoghue (C), John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Scott Buckley, Dave Kilcoyne, James French, Jack O’Sullivan, Ruadhan Quinn, Paddy Patterson, Ben Healy, Patrick Campbell.

Unusual situation where the two guys a lot of people would like to see as Ireland's third (our maybe even second) out half option for the RWC will be going directly head to head this Saturday night, but in the 15 shirt.

I guess it shows the footballing quality both possess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Wouldn't call it a write off - but certainly an uphill battle.

Who knows - it might do us wonders to be able to throw caution to the wind and have nothing to lose as the clearly weaker team; rather than the pressure of "Munster A v Leinster B" and all that schlock that has come in the last couple years of these fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Even though there is alot of injuries, there is a nice balance to the pack. Excited to see Tom Ahern up against James Ryan.

Munster with 3 pivots in their backline too, will be interesting to see if they can move the ball well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭phog

Christ, that team looks weaker than the team we put out against Wasps last season.

POM & TB missing is a huge loss for us as is Casey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

3hrs 15 minues given to this fixture on rte2 tomorrow....

They must have a line of ex leinster players, waiting to call us crap after seeing the 2 team lineups...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Who's the 2nd row cover? Coombes?

I'd expect so; he's filled in there before when we were stuck.

Average age of the Leinster 23: 27.4

Average age of the Munster 23: 25.5

Would they ever give the young lads a go?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

The upside is there is no pressure. Anyone looking at these team sheets expects an easy leinster win. The downside is murray starts. Hes too slow to upset a team like leinster.

I think that's a fairly good team, the one we sent to Landsdowne last season was full of internationals and should have been an easy win on paper. Better to give our youth a bit of game time and maybe sneak a loosing bonus point than to send the big guns and leave embarrassed.

Interesting to note that when we and Leinster sent training teams out in these games in the past some young players would shine through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Not good. Any truth to Casey and Beirne being pulled because of Ireland concerns?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

They were listed as being injured on Tuesday and were always doubtful for this game. The internationals are being pulled after this weekend.

The Leinster number is skewed a little bit by our geriatric outhalf! 😁

More of the Leinster players in the starting 15 are younger than their immediate counterpart, as another way of looking at it (Ringrose, Osborne, McGrath, Sheehan, Jenkins, Deegan, Penny, Doris), though granted its a young Munster bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

• Advertisement

Not quite.

Average age of Leinster starting 15, even without Sexton: 26.8

Average age of Munster starting 15: 26.4

(In any case, only meant in jest).

We've only Killer on the bench who's over 24, which is kinda mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Healy and Sexton alone must nearly account for that 😄

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I think that's a good Munster team. The pack will be well up for it. The youth movement is alive and kicking.

So no internationals for the Ulster game, makes it very interesting actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

The 12 internationals listed on the Irish A squad list can play in munster v ulster and then join the squad after that game...

From the squad announcement; "Players in the Ireland ‘A’ panel will join the squad following round 7 of the BKT United Rugby Championship."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭phog

The 12 internationals listed on the Irish A squad list can play in munster v ulster and then join the squad after that game

I missed that but it's a bit stupid saying matches don't clash with the international window and then the IRFU make up their own rules about pulling players from matches and organising an EI tour to SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Carbury played well this evening I thought. Spirited Munster team but it was not to be tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I was really impressed by Loughman, big shift, did fine on the TH side.

When I saw the team I was delighted to see so much youth and didn't expect a result. But they gave it their all with little glimpses here and there.

• Advertisement

Advertisement