Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭johnnyw20

Just watched Finnegans farm video from yesterday. I love watching the workshop videos but that cathal lad would fry your head the way he carries on. The lad on the drill has a lot more patience than I would with him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I’m not wishing it away at all.

I wish Govt had a real plan to evolve things. But it’s all posturing at the moment. You can lobby and NGO all you want but Govt are still only looking at the bottom line.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭leoch

I love finnegins farm asewll the lads seem to have great crack and banter among themselves even the ouls lads do it and all the workers are there for years so I'd say there all part of the crack and are probably looked/treated as one of there own

These decisions are being made at EU level. What's different now is the environmentalists are in government here, as well as being organised with environmentalists in research institutions and squeaky wheel eNGOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I doubt lucky day competitions mind as he featured them in one of his videos, however I agree that he should’ve stuck with the original videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Farming simulator type stuff up in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Odelay

Very impressive. Looks like they went to the ploughing with all options selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

@Siamsa Sessions - have you had any comments good, bad or indifferent from local farmers about your channel? Would be interesting to know how folk are taking to your new channel.

Everyone is saying it’s great to my face, but who knows what fellas might be saying behind my back!

I’m not bothered either way. I don’t say anything coz I’m paid to say it (not yet, but I’m open to offers!) and I’d stand over anything I’m doing here or showing on the camera. If anything, I think my channel is a bit boring - there’s no drama or controversy.

Maybe I need to ramp it up and do a few rants like the Healy-Raes or the other TDs who do all the shouting in the Dail 😀

Some opportunity for Farmerphil visiting Mitchellen. A nice reward for being a youtuber. He is reaching far beyond Longford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭davidk1394

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

My first time watching your channel and was impressed with your editing content and general make up of the production. You seem quite at ease behind the camera. Well done. Keep it going. There’s enough of that ole machinery rack out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Ifarm with cows in at night...seems like only a few months back he didn't have them out at night yet...didn't have his land down as that heavy from the few videos I've watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭enricoh

Evenflow had a couple of good videos out the last week. Good silage video n flogging an old cruiser. Thought he had gone off the boil after a few duds but got a good laugh out of the new ones. Took a punt on a ticket for the cruiser - lovely bit of kit.

@IFarmWeFarm7615 was shifting some stuff around the yard at the weekend with the loader and was wondering when are you for doing the camera upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It's a lovely landcruiser but the number plate detracts from its appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I started watching Eweknit youtube channel after his recent visit with Cammy (The Sheep Game) and was pleasantly surprised at the entertaining quality of his content. I've only watched about 10 of his videos so far and TBH I haven't heard any cursing - OK maybe the odd word. It's good to see the in's and out's of the workings of an Irish hill sheep farmer and shearer. We haven't kept sheep in years and fair play to him for making the videos. I like to support Irish farmers who make an effort to produce good content (including nice scenic views of the mountains 😜) by subscribing too and liking their channels. Best of luck to him.

As an aside, if anyone on F&F knows him maybe they could suggest that he creates a Boards account. There's an awful lot of farming and non farming folk on here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7f66pGEzN7ceOdzaU7z3Sg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tileman

Notice they are allot more advertisement breaks in all the you tubers the last month. Must be looking to pay for all the new purchases.

anyway even flow latest one is his best one in while.

I use a free adblocker, haven't seen a youtube ad in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭orm0nd

+1 ,

another very pleasant hard working young man , said in last vid he got a drone , some unreal scenery in his area and looking forward to the drone coverage

another guy I'm really impressed with is Calum on finnegan's farm , ok he has been known to let off a swear word or three , but he really knows his stuff , always listens and watching in the workshop

he gave a fantastic review of the jcb thingy there , and has all the qualities of a top salesman or lecturer if he ever wanted to pursue a career in these fields

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

His content has improved dramatically. Have to say i watch all his videos now too. Mad how someones opinion can change in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mr321

Calum is a class act. Like his Dad, 2 great mechanics.

Evenflow’s last 2 videos have been very good, that slurry bit was very funny. The one before that when he was promoting the jeep I watch a minute of it and knock it off, couldn’t watch it, first time ever. I must say reading on farming forum recently people were I thought over the top about olly’s farm but his beyond brutal, i liked to give him a chance but had to unsubscribe after his latest video, all him seems to to do is wood chipping, talk about buying another John Deere and how tough farming is after talking about his holiday to France, we should all go. Not replying to anyone in particular if looks like it’s tagged, boards for ya. I must say I have really enjoy Sullivan’s farms videos, I hope he keeps at it. I wonder is their a minimum viewing amount YouTubers aim for in order to keep producing videos? Their’s only so many YouTubers one can follow, his my current favourite.

That Sullivan fella is very good alright! Thanks 😊

You need 1,000 subscribers before YouTube allow you to look at what they call “monetisation”. I’ve no idea how that works or how much might be out of it.

I didn’t start the channel to make money (if only!) so I’ll keep at it for another while anyway. If I got the price of a pint out of it every week at some stage in the future, that’d be a bonus. I’m just a bit of a farm nerd and I like making the videos. But it also makes me look around the yard and try to make sense of whatever I’m at that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭leoch

wats ur channel called lad

Olly's Farm is brutal stuff. It's hilarious reading the Farming forum thread on youtubers when they start on him.

Just watched Tom Pemberton oiling the brakes on his tanker. 😁

I cannot figure out how the sums work out for his setup??

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Diarmuid B

Will you post a link here for that YouTube thread on farmers forum

• Advertisement

Advertisement