Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I think there could be a new Mario game around the movie's release(there are rumours of a Mario game, the latest being a 2D one). I don't expect it to tie-in with the movie though. You've Mario(movie, possibly more) releasing in April and Zelda in May. I think there might be new hardware too. Hardware that might let the movie be streamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Post credits scene for the Mario movie will be the reveal that the whole thing was actually the new Mario game being played on the Switch 2 and it was all one big ad, like The Wizard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I will still watch it

I imagine this is going to a Ninty Easter Egg Fez-Tee-Val!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

This is on in about 10 mins ...

From that same McDonald's promotion, Peach was shown earlier.

I'd say it's legit. That looks like Illumination work alright.

5 minutes or thereabouts to go.

Edit: Here's a better image of above.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm

Zzzz

I liked the trailer(once it got past all that talking). It could have shown more though. But it's a teaser, and that's what it has done. Can't wait to see more.

Yeah, it's not terrible. And Koji Kondo is involved with the music. So maybe it'll be ok.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Accent needed to be 100% more of an insult to the good people of Italy.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie - Official Teaser Trailer (Universal Pictures) HD

Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/universalpicturesuk

Find us on Instagram at www.instagram.com/universalpicturesuk

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/universaluk

http://www.supermariobrosmovie.co.uk/

#SuperMarioMovie

Genre: Action-Comedy

Cast: Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Day, Jack Black, Keegan-Michael Key, Seth Rogen, Fred Armisen, Kevin Michael Richardson, Sebastian Maniscalco

Screenplay: Matthew Fogel

Directors: Aaron Horvath, Michael Jelenic

Producers: Chris Meledandri, Shigeru Miyamoto

From Nintendo and Illumination comes a new animated film based on the world of Super Mario Bros.

Directed by Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic (collaborators on Teen Titans Go!, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies) from a screenplay by Matthew Fogel (The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Minions: The Rise of Gru), the film stars Chris Pratt as Mario, Anya Taylor-Joy as Princess Peach, Charlie Day as Luigi, Jack Black as Bowser, Keegan-Michael Key as Toad, Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong, Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong, Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek and Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike.

The film is produced by Illumination founder and CEO Chris Meledandri and by Shigeru Miyamoto for Nintendo. The film will be co-financed by Universal Pictures and Nintendo and released worldwide by Universal Pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Would the Game Cube be worth much now? I have one. I love it but never play it anymore :(

Just don't play games at all anymore. Just don't have the time. I think about it lots do lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jack Black definitely does a good Bowser

Me too, no time. Maybe if I spent less time on boards I could get a a couple of hours in 😀

Just checked CEX -> They sell them for over 150 quid if the box is included + I guess they give a warranty.

Note to self: always keep the box !!!

I'm sure they'll keep going slowly up in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Movie Mario looks a bit like Bob Hoskins to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Lol. Ye me too lol no really my problem is so much good T.V to watch these days. We are so lucky to have so much choice. I have not even watched half the shows I Want to watch yet. Just not enough time lol. Awe I will keep it so. Hopefully it keeps going up in price.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

A little Bowser sample from Jack Black.

Cheeky.

The SD can do 2 screen gaming too ... If connected to monitor ... So it's got those ds and Wii u games covered too.

Nintendo will be annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Dual screen capability for switch Pro+ must now be a fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

You can set it up so there's 2 screens on handheld too for DS games and switch back and forth using the triggers. Not that I'll be using that function......ahem

• Advertisement

There are quite a few games where the gameplay extends across 2 screens so you need to be able to see both simultaneously for the full intended experience..

Ah, who am I kidding. 🤣

Nintendo will have to start offering something better with their on line service, i.e all their games, and better hardware to allow more games in 60 FPS.

That plus some old skool resilient Nintendo hardware would be a big win.

Stick drift is not acceptable for the prices being charged.

But they did strike gold with Switch and SD copied this.

I'd say Switch 2 has gone back to the drawing board now they see the hardware and software range SD provides.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The Steam Deck isn't the first handheld Windows gaming device, albeit Valve are the most established company in PC gaming to enter the space.

But, outside of the desire of some folks to stir up some sort of "Oooh there's beef here!", i don't see Nintendo caring. At best this nobbles the Yuzu project by getting it the bad kind of attention. (I have mixed feelings about that but it's hard to argue that an emulator of a current console won't contribute to potential piracy of that console's games... But OTOH I've also read that Yuzu makes it possible to run some Switch games at better frame rates and resolutions than the original hardware, which is a worthwhile endeavour).

Certainly the Deck's around-a-million unit sales are no danger to the Switch and I don't see it making any difference to whatever plans there are for a Switch successor...

HOW PLATINUMGAMES IS BETTING ON NINTENDO EXPERTISE TO SHAPE ITS FUTURE

VGC SPEAKS TO THE BAYONETTA STUDIO’S NEW CBO, ALONG WITH LEADERS INABA AND KAMIYA, ABOUT ITS LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just picked up my Switch for the first time in ages and realized I can't access the eshop as I was last linked to the Russian eshop for the cheap deals. Is there anything I can do to change this or am I screwed?

EDIT* scratch that. Got it sorted by going to my account settings on the Nintendo website and then clicking 'user information' and then 'profile' and then changed the region from there back to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

yeah I think I changed my account to Poland or "Russia-lite" as I like to call it.. purely from an eshop standpoint I mean ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭jj880

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Quick one, does anyone know if the Switch stuff in Lidl is any good?

I was in there today and saw a gamepad, charger dock and some steering wheel stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭jj880

• Advertisement

The 3 year warranty on the Lidl one is tempting though

Advertisement