Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Food is too plentiful and far too cheap. You can see it in the willingness to waste so easily.

when anything is cheap and plentiful it nor its producers are never appreciated.

in many ways a bit of a famine is needed to calibrate people, however that would impact poor people in African nations rather than western wasteful ungrateful people

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I think a sparrow hawk just eats the pigeon breast like that.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Perigrin falcon would kill a pigeon fairly handy. They are all over the place now.

a neighbour is giving up racing pigeons because of the amount of them. He was saying there is a website indicating the location of breeding pairs. Must be birdwatching Ireland or something,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

when anything is cheap and plentiful it nor its producers are never appreciated.

in many ways a bit of a famine is needed to calibrate people, 

That's an odd statement.

Why would you wish misery and starvation on people?

Would you consider yourself ungrateful?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Alot more racing pigeons end up joining city feral flocks or becoming a nuisance in feedlots and warehouses - a m8 of mine does pest control in Dublin and air guns them out of the latter every other week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Misery and starvation, no.... Wishing food had a proper place in the thought process of people, yes definitely,

Am I ungreatful regarding food ?? Great question... I suppose in some ways I am, I make choices that use extra energy like I won't eat fish because I don't like it, so when we have fish I cook chicken or beef seperate and so doubling on cooking costs and energy consumption which isnt ideal..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Farmer2017

Had a dual claim on my bps application. Sent in relevant supporting documentation last June when requested. Still not fixed up. Rang sept numerous times to see what going on. Must day ladies were very helpful each time. Anyway the other day the dept deleted 2 parcels and I can’t get a answer as why and that there now sent to the mapping company and know one in there knows why. Had anyone this kind of experience before??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

There must be two people still claiming the same land, was it your mistake or the other person

Other person. It was always my land nd claimed by me for the past 12 year

Have you been talking to him about it, he mightn't have responded to the query from the dept

• Advertisement

I mean this other person is in the wrong. Same last year and went I sent in folio numbers and other documents I got paid. It was on my bps this year til the other day they deleted it to send to the mapping company. I don’t know why they just deleted it and are sending to be be mapped. Will I get back ?? I don’t know.

Thing is I have no idea who it is. My application is coming up as I have 33 parcels and 2 plots whatever that means

You'd wonder why the other person keeps claiming when he's in the wrong and slowing up your payment.

You would wonder. There payment must be held up too. But I can’t figure out how I have parcel nd plots now showing on my application. It a mystery driving my sr mad as well now without these parcels

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

The two plots are your two missing parcels, they are awaiting areas from mapping and then they will get their own parcel numbers. All you can do is keep onto the Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Ring back every week and ask for an update, hopefully they'll have it sorted soon. I had an overlaid. Got it sorted in September, had replied a few times during the summer. Teagasc agent rang them and sorted it

the thing is they had there own parcel numbers and they were deleted during week so my ha dropped by 12ha. Now I have 2 plots and missing 12ha. You say that they will be re numbered and given back this area. Never had this before all new to me

Rang yesterday and today and Teagasc man sent email but got no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Yes mine reduced on file before it was fixed , it means they're working on it. I had a problem about 4 years ago, got paid Christmas week. Rang every Monday and waited for updates. I was in for digitisation at that stage.

they said the same that mine sent to there mapping company and god no how long that will take. Asked if I get it back this area said I should. Just can’t figure why they do all this when it was in my bps map application last fecking March and every other year since 2011. Land folio maps were sent in and some of mine is reclaimed land from bog done 70 off year ago maybe that what throwing it off now.

• Advertisement

Boris on his way back to the UK with a shout for PM again, if only Spitting Image were still around, best entertainment in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

They interviewed some Tory voters in Yorkshire on BBC yesterday - hard to ignore the impression that alot of people in the UK appear to think its 1822 not 2022 in terms of Britains standing and power in the World atm....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Graham Norton wondered if it would be

"Penny Mordaunt for the Party's sake"

"Rishi Sunak for the Nation's sake"

"Boris Johnson for f**k's sake"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I'd be wary of Rishi. He's too close to Russia and Putin imv.

Then on the other or maybe even the same side he's said to be the WEF boy.

Boris was influenced through his vegan partner at the start and probably russian influences through her as well. And how he threw the pig farmers over there to the wolves to satisfy her. But at least he knew how to counter the enemy or outwardly so at least.

(and no, I've no reds under the bed... I checked).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

And this morning's show was the classic Damien O Reilly produced Show that made Countrywide into the success in what it is/was.

He finally has been let off the chain to produce them the way he wants again only now that he's leaving the show..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

The basic membership of any political organisation rarely realise the reality and limitations of power.

I am not sure where all these political parties taught it was a good idea for the general membership should have the final vote in a leadership election.

At the end of it the TD's or MP's that get elected must work with the leader elected. In the last contest it was acknowledged that Rishi while the favourite of the MP's had no chance in a membership vote against either Penny Mordaunt or Liz Truss. You now have a similar situation where is Boris or Penny whichever survives if the go with a membership vote that they will win it over Rishi.

The hope is that after the indictive head to head vote the second placed candidate will stand down. However if it's Boris it's possible that he will not stand down and you could have a Conservative party leader who o ly commands support from 30-40% of MP's

The party is split all over the place. It one thing if it was split down the middle, it not. You have a party within the party called the European research group. Basically it is anti EU or any thing to do with Europe.

While only about 20-30 MP's they are the tail.thst wags the dog. They along with Boris sold the British public a picture of make Britian great again and of empire. No matter how far the Conservative party move towards them it's not enough in there opinion. Until a party leader takes them on like Tony Blair did the hard left ( it returned again after him) they will continue to fracture the Tories.

As well there existence allows other groups of other ultra conservatives groups who want extra tax cuts to suit the super wealthy, those that want to exit the convention on Human rights etc.

David Cameron managed to silence them all for a while. It was opportunists like Boris who used the Brexit campaign as a step to party leadership and campaigned for it after promising to stay neutral at worst or campaign for it.

There is MP's in the Consertives who will vote or campaign for anything that will allow political advancement.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭RockOrBog

Homeland doing free faecal animal testing for cattle etc atm. Just pay for postage and results get emailed. Might try a few samples for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Having a few warm weather days myself in the Costa Blanca in Spain. Sure it's only grand here, albeit a bit cloudy. Temps in the high 20's which is too hot for a ginger. Anyway, few observations from my few days:

1. The Spanish mustn't have got the memo on EVs being the saviour. Not one electric car seen yet. Not one charging station seen yet. And I've covered a good bit of road driving around
    2. The Spanish didn't get the Solar memo either. Only a handful of houses have solar up top. Seen a few wind turbines from the plane alright on mountians.

I'd have thought a place such as this would be filled with solar PV on every house. Be nearly free power for the house then. Feck all of it on the commercial buildings either. And combine that with an electric car and ya'd have free motoring too. Something isn't adding up.

Are we in Ireland being sold a pup? Or are we trailblazers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Think solars heed sunlight not heat, too hot isn’t good for them either

Advertisement