Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

I’ve done it and passed. For the last 6 six weeks I did 2 PT sessions a week to work on push ups and sit ups, push pull .I had been doing them at home and working out to build strength but needed the extra push. I did the C25K program 1 to 2 nights a week and a fitness session that consisted of sprints etc. One thing I would suggest is going to a field or hall, stand on a line, with a cone run for 15 seconds at 3/4 of your speed. Then drop ur cone,wait 10/ 15 seconds which ever you prefer starting off. Then for the next 15 seconds run back to the line, break again and back to cone. You have to make them in the 15 seconds. Start by doing 8 then to 10 etc as you get better. This is what I found really helped me progress and fast. I wasn’t passing the beep test by repeating it. For sit ups, I did them everyday for 1 min 3 times. I did get a bit worn out with them though so in recent weeks cut back doing them as I was able to do over 40 in 1 min anyway. Push ups were the hardest for me. During the summer I was still struggling to even do them on my knees. That’s were the PT came in and really helped, I can now do full push ups. If you can do Part A of the tests you can def do part B which is the obstacle course. For that I’d recommend slowing down from some parts of it like going around the cones, balance beam etc then at the parts you can speed up really go for it. This is what I did, I didn’t get any faults and I made it around in really good time. We didn’t have to do the push pull test but I had been training pushing and pulling a prowler and it really stood to me in the obstacle course pulling the mannequin lol. Sorry this is so long but any questions just ask!

I’d also recommend warming up before the beep test and obstacle course. Go outside and walk around. You will have a few mins before each test.Get your body ready. Majority of people don’t warm up! Don’t go hungry and sip on water before even going in, a pre workout won’t be any harm especially if you are travelling there on the morning or didn’t get much sleep. The tests go by very quickly so just push your body for the few minutes! Best of Luck 😊

Can you street view it? I got called about a missing eircode on one of mine. There was no eircode for it. I was told to put the nearest eircode down on it.

Well done! Surprised they said early 2023 when they are ongoing atm. I heard a lot of people are failing on the shuttle run.

I literally had 16 as well. In my interview with the sergeant he said there’s plenty of us there anyway lol. Can you ask any of the one’s you are in contact with to get it for you? Unfortunately they will come back and ask you for them. It will hold up your vetting as the locals will send it back to HQ looking for the info. It happened with me just for one eircode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

On the b form I’ve gotten the addresses and eir codes of all aunts and uncles but is all their dates of births required ?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Date of births yeah and just include whether they are paternal or maternal

• Registered Users Posts: 6 badgerboy123

I’ve not got my birth certificate, couldn’t find it anywhere. If I don’t send it on but go and get a replacement after the deadline. will that be acceptable do ye think.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cluedo93

@badgerboy123 it says that a copy of your Birth Certificate will be required at a later date so just try and find a replacement now to have ready for when they ask. I honestly don't know when it will be required of you though specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joc2022

Can females do knee push-ups for the fitness test? In the demo video it shows a female candidate doing knee push ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

Yes

Just with the pct what order are the tests done in cheers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SausageRoll7

First the beep test, then sit ups and push ups. After that is the obstacle course and push pull test.

Cheers for that … and if you fail one of them do you still do the others ? Or have to repeat them all thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

The bleep test, pressups and situps are grouped as one and the obstacle course and push pull is grouped as one.

If you fail any aspect you have to repeat the entire section in about a month. If you fail a second time you're out. But on the day if you fail one aspect you continue on anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sandybyrne7

The HR have sent me emails to amend my form B but aren't telling me what I need to amend. Anyone else experience this? They keep sending me a generic sample on what is required for each section.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gemmaw1994

Oom in the 1000. BATCH 6

I passed stage 2 was invited for interview. Ive filled in the detailed application form and submitted it.

Did anyone else get this sort of message when getting your results from stage 2.

Further to your participation at Stage 2 (Report Writing Exercise), I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard. Please note your invitation to subsequent stages is subject to verification of your eligibility and a review of your remote proctored report writing exercise assessment. PAS will carry out these checks over the coming days.

Thanks Gemma

Just call them. They were quite helpful for me when I had a few issues with it

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Starlight27

Yes I got the exact same message.

I was required to complete a detailed application form regarding work and education history and hobbies etc.

I completed that and submitted it and received an email a few days later to say they received it. So I have heard nothing since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 rmty

Anybody know if Batch 4 are being interview now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ianm0812

Ya I've my interview Wednesday and I'm in batch 4 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 26 niall1996

Yea I’m in batch 4, I have my interview next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sandybyrne7

Thanks @JohnSmith98

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kaya1

Anybody in the 1400s? Did anybody receive any message for stage 2 ? Seems like they will never get to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

Hi in 1400s too... Pas are just clearing out the batches before us then they will move onto 1400s to do stage 2.. so far candidates upto 1390 were called to stage 2 so we should expect to be called soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭adrian2

Anyone here from batch 1 waiting to hear about intake next month? I wonder will this get pushed onto next year now if they haven't got the numbers ready to go in??

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

How many in each batch approx?

around 230?

how many more batches expected in this campaign?

my daughter is 1700

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GT1234

No we haven't heard anything yet. HR just send a generic email back when we enquire about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

I wonder will HRM be sending out offers this coming Friday 🤔. I've been through the process before and I received 4 weeks notice. I've seen in recent intakes though some people only got a few days notice.

Advertisement