Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

12 minutes to remember how to play. We could have 112 and still not score. Woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Gomez has gone from man of the match against City 6 days ago to yeah he's 4th choice CB at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭McFly85

You could see from 10 minutes in that Forest were going up dig in and make us work for a result here, but the lads just didn’t fancy being in a game. Slow, ponderous, predictable rubbish all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Beyond bad.

No pace. No urgency. No discernible plan.

Deserve every bit of this loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

gomez always has that’s one big mistake in him, every, single, game. Regardless of the opposition. He’s made more mistakes than lovren ever did yet the media will still have their heads in the sand.

his foul on Gibbs WHite who had chested the ball back to his own box and was running backwards sums him too. Absolutely braindead. Shouldn’t be near the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I was full sure we'd get at least 7 today

Fabinho's cliff fall is one of the most shocking things I've seen in modern football.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭IamMe33

Hopeless muck.

Fabinho robbed in midfield and Allison to the rescue yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

Team is an absolute shambles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shocking ball from Robbo to Fab putting him all kind of trouble then he loses it and Ali to the rescue again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

A squad of passengers now, terrible it has all fallen apart so quickly.

Returning to a classic Liverpool that get up for a big team but are atrocious against the so called lesser teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Summitatem

The players representing LFC today are on paper more than a match for the opposition. However we look like relegation fodder today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Alisson is the only person who can hold his head up after that. Not one outfield player turned up. They made Serge Aurier and Cook look like world beaters.

VVD should have had a hat-trick today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Klopp choosing to play this line up while chasing a game is the biggest question of today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,844 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

That moment there is why Firmino had to stay on, and a number 9 just head VVD ball back in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Nothing wrong with that header from Virgil. Thought it was in. Great save unfortunately.

VVD should have scored 4 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Ffs virgil,he must have a triangle head

Two arms wrapped around Alisson for that entire incident btw

I'm so angry at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Jones trying to take on the whole team when there were multiple passes on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Jones just slows everything down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

I'm lost for words after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

lines man there at the end not knowing the office rule when forest hit the post

but that was awful don’t take your chances that’s what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

Pathetic that’s all you can say.

This is a catastrophic loss for so many reasons, terrible display against the worst team in the league, our team just didn’t seem up for it, so many individual mistakes, it stops the momentum/feel good factor after the MC win, leaves us further away from top 4, Klopps team selection and subs must be called into question, Joe Gomez looks dodgy again after a good display against City, Salah looks off again, Jones looks very limited and this team again looks it’s age.

I dont think any of that is over the top or a knee jerk reaction to one bad display, it seems to be happening too often this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Defender had a chunk of Alissons shirt there

That didn't feel like one of those games against Burnley where we had a dozen chances and they defended for their lives, Forest didn't have to do very much today on either end of the ball, we gifted them chances and created none of our own.

• Administrators Posts: 54,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There will be no champions league for us next season and you are absolutely delusional if you think any different.

I'm really not sure why Klopp left Jones on for the full 96 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

They should all be ashamed,that's the worst crap I've seen in 40yrs as a fan,embarrassing crap.klopp said we are out of title race well I can say we can forget top 4 now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Henderson thinks he's won them the World Cup after saving a few dreadful shots straight at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

A rancid performance. A schoolboy team shouldn’t concede the goal we did today.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Proven time and time again we just cannot break down teams who pack the middle of the pitch, and who have us resort to banging crosses into the box.

Fabinho is f*cked because he's been flogged into the ground, no real alternative to him in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭McFly85

Christ. It was an awful performance but we are 4 points away from 4th as it is, we’ve seen multiple times Klopp turn things around to go on a run.

Fine to disagree but I don’t think I’m delusional for not writing off top 4 for a while yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

As with 2 years ago where our owners sweated our assets and refused to address defence until breaking point we are seeing the same situation again. Our team is broken and all most all of the problems stem from a midfield that sloppily put pressure on our defence game after game. We need more vim and vigour in that dept.

Jones is the type of player you play against lower league fodder

With all the English media calls for Gomez to go and start in the World Cup after the City game,

I wonder where those call are now after the last two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Memory of a goldfish if that's the worst you've seen in 40 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Full metal meltdowns incoming. Best for reasoned people to leave now.

Forest have been fodder for virtually everyone this season. Jones wasn’t good, but he wasn’t the only one. Apart from Ali, I think all the Liverpool players will be getting low scores in player ratings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Well, obviously that's not true.

Maybe there will be, maybe there won't be, but it's not 'delusional' to think either way. Both likely possibilities.

27 games left ffs, big grand declarations of certainty might make lads feel good, but they're dumb at this stage. You'd swear fellas just slept through the season before last, when it was 'delusional' that we'd get top four then. All depends on player fitness over the second half of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

This must be the first game you've watched in those 40 years so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Still to win a a game away from home this season

Wouldn't have taken Firmino off for one, Carvalho also far more of an asset than Jones for those last 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ended up missing this match as well as I was busy having a tube shoved down my throat.

Looks like I had a more enjoyable day than anyone who watched that scutter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement