Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Seems like a few of the lads have been huffing their own farts.

Madness that Milner was probably our best outfield player today. Its not the worst we've played in the last 40 years (The Roy Hodgson era has that comfortably covered) but the lads would want to wake up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Beyond brutal. So many poor decisions over the last couple of years are now coming home to roost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

2 points won from 15 on the road. Relegation away form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

We go again!.......next August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Brutal, too many passengers like Jones and ox and gomez too isn't up to it, how the hell are all our players getting constantly injured or illnesses, our midfield is too slow, cumbersome and no creativity there either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,204 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Jaysis we made top 4 in 2021 with Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips at the back. Needed Alisson to score to beat West Brom in the 2nd last game. Stupid to be written off this early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Forest took one point from their last eight league games before today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Horrific performance, we had so many chances and fluffed every single one of them, goal we conceded was laughable...

I suspect the constant loss of players with injuries and the disruption it causes is one of the reasons why some supports doubt a top 4 finish. And there is nothing to suggest those injuries/disruptions are going to get any better this season.

I get what you are saying, it’s early, but it seems like we are saying the same thing after every game, it’s early, it’ll be better after the WC, but the games keep passing us by. Maybe the MC was just an aberration and we are now back to our inconsistent level. The problems, again, are plain to see, our midfield is deficient and players are injury prone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Jones getting a lot of criticism here, and rightly so. But I'm just wondering when was the last time he was actually match fit? Because he seems to have been injured so much in the last couple of years....and you really can't play at your best if you're not match fit.

I wonder if Ox ever got to the point where he was match fit since he signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The Fabinho drop off is alarming. He needs a couple weeks off, he just can't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,844 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

All our issues came from this summer

Numerous bad decisions in the tranfer of the market, trusting lads who can't get out of bed without hurting themselves,

With all the attacksers missing today it was stupid not to start Trent for some creativity

Carvalho is no where near the level we require,

I said it before the game Tsimakas should have played over him & one of him or Robbo could have pushed further on

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

This. Posters saying "well let's judge when we get all our players back". Can anyone confidently expect us to have a full squad at any stage of the season given our injury record.

This mini crisis in form and results feels different than in the past under Klopp. Yeah in the past we have dug ourselves out of a hole but it doesn't make me expect that we will do it this time. Worryingly this time is that the majority of our ever present amd consistent performers are woefully out of form, and there is no obvious explanation for it. That hasn't happened before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I don't say this lightly.

That was as embarrassing a loss as I've seen from this group.

That Forest team is absolutely bang average. Nothing about them at all. A good shot stopper in goal, that's it.

We wandered about with no urgency, and with no idea how to get our only threatening forward player into the game.

This is a tough one to take, because it cements the fact the downward trajectory is not a blip. It's extremely serious and needs fixing.

• Administrators Posts: 54,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lol. You are in denial.

Heres the reality. our good performances this season are our blips. Today was nothing extraordinary, it was a continuation of our form for the majority of this season.

Were 4 points from fourth now. The gap will be bigger by Christmas. We have seen nothing yet this season to suggest otherwise.

We are basically back to pre-Klopp Liverpool here. Win a big game, throw it away within a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Really poor performance, chickens coming home to roost big time with the squad depth, we wouldn't have scored from play if we were there until the morning.

The derth of options illustrated numerous times in the second half with Virgil, Fab, Henderson and Gomez standing around the centre circle tapping the ball to each other with nobody looking to inject a bit of pace or commit forward - we were so pedestrian.

Honestly, 4th place looks a long way off after today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

This was his first start since June. No surprise at all that he's off it. He also wasn't meant to start, until Thiago had to drop out late, which says a lot... the only surprise was that Klopp gave him the full 90 though. Should've probably come off after 60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

80% of the ball, 15 shots, 7 on target , 11 corners

It was a walk in the park, but for the result. should have scored at least 2 today, ideally 5 based on chances

• Administrators Posts: 54,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

27 games left. Here we are with the game counters again.

I remember a month ago we were hearing there are 37 games left. Then 36. 35.

Game 1 matters just as much as game 38.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We only figured it out after about 85 minutes. Robertson's underlapping run waw finally used by Jones, and Trent should've scored.

The fact is, bar Thiago, our midfield is ponderous as fúck. Can't pick a pass and can't switch play play quickly out wide to destabilise the opposition.

We only really looked consistently dangerous at set pieces. So we deserved absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement

Wonder why when Thiago dropped out he didn’t start Henderson? Personally I would prefer to be making subs when you are winning than when you are losing. Starting with both Jones and Elliot in midfield now looks an error in judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭WillmaDickfit

calm down there , you sound like a person who's partner just left them

Is it not more accurate to say we've back to Liverpool 2 seasons ago? Like it's basically a reboot of that season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I thought Henderson should have started too. I can only assume that's it a managing minutes type thing that he didn't start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I'll tell ya something it was never as bad as that crap served up to us today

Good man, ignore the actual point and stick to your condescension where everyone else is delusional.

Given that we've literally seen this team turn things around after bad patches (including extended bad patches) in BOTH of the last two seasons, it seems strange to ignore that possibility and simply decide there is no other outcome than the thing taking place right now. Right now is bad, but this team has literally shown us that right now is not forever, and that they have the ability to put bad stages behind them and put a run together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

It might not be THE worst performance but its dam high on the list,it's indefensible

I think both Hendo and Fabinho are held together with chewing gum at the minute. Both can hobble along, but neither can keep starting games so they're pretty much taking turns at the moment. Today kinda confirms that I think, as you say, Hendo would be an easy insert if he was fully fit.

The amount of overblown proclamations and hyperbole posted by a few posters in this thread and others would have you wondering if the are fans of the clubs they say the support or just love posting to see how other posters react to their posts.

I think that is why this year feels different to the periods of poor form shown in previous years. The players now look their age and though they are trying hard, can’t seem to get to the player/ball like they used to.

• Advertisement

You must be one of the “reasoned posters” referred to earlier.

Have you ever wondered why posters post so happily when Liverpool score/win, and get so annoyed when they concede/lose?

Emotion, if you didn’t care, you wouldn’t have any.

Trying to remember, one of the reasoned told me before, I’m not a supporter, I’m a fan, because I don’t post positively about the team all the team, or was it, I’m a supporter, not a fan. The reasoned one do post some **** (and useless facts) sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Klopp is a legend of a manager, no doubt there will be shite in the media about him not.

It's 2 seasons ago all over again with injuries. Midfield needed to be addressed in the summer and it wasn't.

It's beyond debate IMO (although plenty will no doubt claim otherwise) our "thrifty owners" are leaving us short. These guys are happy with top 4 and resulting champions League every season. Keeping the core group of players seems to be the hierarchy philosophy to ensure this.

Having a top class manager has seen us challenge and win when in reality it's in spite of our owners footballing ambitions rather than because of it.

One thing I will say about Klopp (and it's not a criticism, it's just how it seems), his methods are taxing on players. Training is demanding, and asking the same group to go to the well every season is too much. The message loses effective when you are drilling it into the same faces every season. More constant refreshment of the squad is needed in order to replicate form, new faces capable of being inspired.

I worried when I saw the adoption of the 4-4-2 formation. Between himself and Lijnders they both seem unable to sustain performance and effort levels outside of their 4-3-3 preference. And 4-4-2 is completely obsolete these days.

It's uncertain times, the sad thing is FSG will spend to chase Champions League (spend when they have to, we finish outside top 4), but they will never push the boat out to take the next step when we are already there.

Its hugely frustrating, the manager must be frustrated also, but it's uncharted territory for him too, having same group of players for this long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Mane on the bench today for BM..

I know he wanted a new challenge but so far it's been bad for all parties

I'm in the " time for the owners to sort this" camp fully now. That finishing line up should be a very big and heavy stick to beat them with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭McFly85

Not in denial at all, there’s just for too much football to be played to make sweeping declarations.

If you think the season is practically over, I’m surprised you even bother to follow the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭McFly85

They aren't identical comparisons though so I wouldn't let the fact that we did it before influence my confidence in turning it around again. There would seem to be far more problems this season than just an injury crisis like on the previous occasions. Problems like the major loss of form in some of our most consistent performers (in the past) are problems that have no certainty of a solution, that's what drains the confidence in fans that we will turn it on at some stage. Has any of us seen Salah, Vvd, Fabinho for eg have a worse run of form in their Liverpool careers, and they are having it together.

Ken, Mane had a great second half of last season, but I think we got the best of Sadio as a top class footballer. Diaz is an upgrade on current Sadio, not quite on prime Sadio. Personally I think he was on the decline and nothing this year seems to show otherwise, so getting a good fee for him and thanking him for stellar service was the way to go.

No doubt someone in Boston will be asking Klopp why he decided to let Awoniyi and Neco Williams go.

Especially Awoniyi for 6 million who a season later was sold for 23.5 million, no doubt something like that won't escape them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

The relevance of 3 games in 6 days seems to be lost on people here. It's going to be a wonky season or us with lots of results like this. With the lack of midfield purchases in the last few years 4th is the best we can hope for.

• Advertisement

Awoniyi was there for 6 yrs, never made a PL appearance, there must be a reason for that. Nico was a different matter, he is a full international and going to the WC, he was not going to sit on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

That is a very good point.

Would still be nice to have a better squad even with the amount of players out. But yes, this is a really tough month fixture wise

This was Forests third game in a week as well.

For sure - all of this if reason to be worried about it. As I said, I'm not particularly confident about top 4. But simply writing it off entirely at this stage is daft.

Wasn't bemoaning us selling them. Merely pointing out this is the type of **** FSG would point out in regards not capitalising on getting their "true value".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

He couldn't get a work permit, that's why he was on loan every year. Might well have stayed at least one or two of those years if he was allowed to play in the premier league, but he wasn't.

Was only finally granted his first UK work permit this year after pulling up trees for Union last season.

Maybe he has seen enough. Can't help but feel pessimistic about it myself. The only hope I have for this season is for a reset during the World Cup. Longer term I think it has become evident that we could have quite a few players to ideally offload at the end of the season and a big rebuilding job to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Come on! Today was abysmal but nothing will ever top Roy era. You must be a new fan if you never saw that.

I’m not bothered about someone else deciding they’ve seen enough - it’s them calling anyway who doesn’t agree with them delusional that I’d take issue with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

3 games in a week, boo hoo, these guys are professional athletes and have the best recovery, physios rest etc, only an excuse, it's the damn owners fault too for not spending when we were on top

• Advertisement
Advertisement