If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70" TV Options?

Options
  • 22-10-2022 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Kenny,

1st off, thanks a million for the PM on the ambilight last week. As it stands it's still a frontrunner for me.

I'm looking for a TV to fit into a 160cm blank spot on the wall. It is going into the mancave and will be used for Sports and occasional gaming not more than a couple of times a week.

Currently using a projector out there but it's getting washed out in daylight so I'd rather go back to a TV and value is paramount tbh.

The only input will be an Nvidia Shield and Smart TV isn't a necessity but Google assistant would be a "nice to have".

The Philips is appealing to me because from scanning the specs it seems to have a wider range of HDR modes as well as Dolby vision. AFAIK from the LG specs, their 70" doesn't support Dolby vision not does the Samsung 70au8000?

So long story short, Dolby vision, and other HDR modes, a 10 bit panel and Google assistant capability to fit into a 162cm (absolute max) space, with price being my main consideration.

Will be looking to pull the trigger soonish(1-2 weeks) even at the risk of missing any Black Friday deals.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.