Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Munster match thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Yes Leinster are missing some players too 2moro but there’s really no equivalence here imo.

Munster are missing more of their starting 15 and more of the guys who would normally replace them too.

You mention Leinster’s patchwork back-3 for example (it’s your worst affected area); but even there, Munster’s is entirely patchwork also. We’ve a 10 at FB and Liam Coombes on the wing, whose best performances have come at 13. We’re missing our 5 first choice back-3 players who’d all start ahead of them.

So even in your worst affected area, Munster have at least equivalent issues. (And arguably you still have guys higher up your depth chart than Munster do tbh, specifically JOB).

Post edited by aloooof on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The back 3 won't be the deciding factor tomorrow. They only come in to play when the team is winning collisions. Munster won't win collisions if Murray spends ages pointing at balls or consulting about where to kick the ball

Our gameplan requires fast ball most of the time. Murray doesn't give us fast ball

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Munster fans getting their excuses in early as always 😉

I've seen the ref and injuries so far. Surely there are more than that lads. Come on, yous can do better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

It's probably worth remembering that Deegan and Penny have only seen recent action against poor opposition. Deegan has not been impressive as a blindside either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

Im not a munster fan but what exactly are people supposed to say? Do you have to have irrational belief as a fan, or can you just read two team sheets and be like ‘yea they should win easily’.

It is what it is.

I’m looking at these team sheets and there are 11 players on the leinster team who i consider to be better. About 10 of those are CLEARLY to MASSIVELY better. 7 of those are in the pack. And those numbers are as a result of me being really high on 3 of the munster players i picked. Alot of people would disagree with those.

It’s a big mismatch.. what are people supposed to say lol. And, thats before i look at the bench. Munster dont even have a lock on their bench! I dont think French has played since the wasps game last year. Quinn just turned 19. It’s an absolute mess of a team sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

We've had Leinster being dirty cheats as well. Sorry lads, I missed that one.

The most interesting thing to me about this game is how munster play in terms of physicality. Van Graan’s teams played very passive in this game last year.

The reality is for almost everyone on this team (bar Murray really) there is very little to lose. Whereas the leinster team is full of guys who will play against south africa probably. They do not want to get injured playing Munster C two weeks before.

The Munster coaching staff needs to get this team to a level of physicality that is on the very edge of acceptable or just past it, and see if Leinster are willing to get into that so close to a massive test match.

if they could set that tone early and maybe disrupt one set piece… eh… 25% chance? Max lol.

Complaining about a team being dirty is the ultimate of loser complaints in rugby. Its a dirty game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

This is pretty hilarious.

You think Munster fans should be positive despite the team sheets, and the bookies having them as 17 point underdogs?

Yet are relentlessly negative yourself when it comes to Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

43000 tickets sold apparently. Not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Speaking of, late notice I am unexpectedly unable to attend this game. Two tickets going free, usual caveat. I will say they're shite seats mind you, probably behind the end touchline to the left low down if tradition holds. But they're there if anyone's on the fence about going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Furlong drops out of the 23 with an ankle injury. Ala'alatoa starts and Thomas Clarkson moves up to the bench. Puts a massive dent in Leinsters front 3 advantage.

I partially expexted a last minute change with frawley moving to 10 and sexton being rested. Sexton seems like overkill against that team and it would be a great game to get Frawley some run at 10.

Hopeful for a functioning lineout more than anything else today.

McGrath was poor there. Had men outside but went for the snipe near the line.

Big crowd in the end for all the shite talk.

Ringrose subbed in for McGrath while the latter was at the bottom of the ruck for two consecutive phases. Great continuity in play there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭almostover

Aherne a little unlucky there, he had hands on the ball first and Ryan didn't release it. Shouldn't have gone for the 2nd time though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Can someone confirm who the Leinster 7 is. Scott Penney was named in the team but the commentator has said Connors twice when Leinster 7 was on the ball.

It looks like Penney to me.

• Advertisement

Ringrose is the best player in the country right now

Leinster very wasteful already.

Brace not giving us much here, bit of a dubious high tackle. Leinster player fell into the tackle.

Crowley dodgy under the high ball. Poor from Johnny to not capitalise.

Leinster have been dominant in the opening 10 but failing to put points on the board. Been a problem for a little while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I thought Aherne and Murray had legitimate turnovers, JOB sealed off a ruck too. Munster need to land on the field favourable side of Brace you feel.

No arms clear out by Ryan, penalty Leinster.

Leinster are cutting Munster to pieces

So frustrating that we can't convert to points

Clear block in that leinster attack, Munster defender taken out. Brace doesn't see it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dammit Murray, missing from one ruck, watched a counter ruck at the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

agreed, then we don't protect or present at our own rucks... Brace not helping..

Osbourne has a nice turn of speed..

Advertisement