Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Newgirl22

@isabella5 do you know what week or date the interviews are being held for the people up to OOM 105 for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dubjane

They are starting this week

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

What is the timeline for preparing the presentation? My understanding is that you have 7 days to prepare it. How soon before the interview date does it need to be submitted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

I have a great recommendation for a person for interview prep if anyone needs one. Pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Merrymac

You will receive the topics for presentation 9 days in advance of your interview, however you have it submit it two days beforehand therefore you have 7 days to prepare it. It is recommended you spend 3-4 hrs in total on preparation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

Best of luck to anyone attending Interview this week and next. 🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MaryRyan48

Can I ask where the panel is currently for Dublin for those who have passed interview?

I'm interviewing this week ( 🤢 ) and just wondering if successful how quickly the panel moves?

Also how long after interview will they let us know? Roughly!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dubjane

For the presentation are you just reading out what you have sent them? Or bullet pointing and expanding on that?

• Advertisement

I am bullet pointing and then going to expand! Will have flashcards filled out to help me. I timed mine and it's between 6&7 minutes (presuming 6 with the fast talking nerves!!) Hope that's long enough 🙈 such a minefield!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

Looks like they are moving to last batch that were shortlisted got my interview date today for 8th November :) for Dublin

I'm in batch 2 in low OOM 140 and got interview date today.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

Im about 20 behind you and I didnt get a date... so they were at 102 and they have passed 140 but didnt get to the 160s, it implies another 50 or so brought forward

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dammo1234

Hi all just wondering if anyone in the regional areas (westmeath/roscommon) have heard anything about interviews yet?

@MaryRyan48

How did your interview go??

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

@becsdan

It's so hard to know! I felt so relieved to have had the presentation out of the way that I found it hard to switch on properly for the interview left out lots that I had wanted to say. I was exhausted after it 🤣 should know on or before 11th November!

@MaryRyan48

Congratulations for completing it. I've heard from a few people that it's quite tough, especially with quick firing questions.

You should be proud of yourself for getting this far. 👏👏

@becsdan awh thank you! Very proud of myself for getting through the presentation as I've a massive fear of public speaking 😭 almost pulled out on numerous occasions so even if I don't get it it's a major personal milestone!!

When are you up? Best of luck with it 😁 wonder how quickly the panel is moving!

@MaryRyan48

Fantastic. I'm the week of the 14th November.

Seems to be moving quick enough!

Hopefully you won't be waiting long,think that's the worse part.

• Advertisement

@becsdan best of luck you'll be fine!

Yes they said it'll be 2 weeks after the last interview for this batch so we will know in or around the 11th of November! Waiting is definitely the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 m02

I had my interview last Thursday and found it very tough, Board were nice but they kept interrupting me and firing questions at me. Did anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

Did anyone read their presentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Herewego22

Did anyone use Carr Communications to help with their presentation exercise as well as interview? Its so expensive so just wondering is it worth paying out that much when I may get away with reading the presentation on the day. Good luck all 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Herewego22

Have the regional interviews started yet, anyone called for interview in Louth?

I think it's a positive that they are moving you on...they are either satisfied that you have given them the answer they want or else trying to direct you onto another path to get the correct answer they need within your timeframe! Such little time for each competency, I really wouldn't take it personally. Best of luck with it 😁

I used flashcards so it was basically my presentation but with the extra bits I wanted to make sure I covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

do they cross over?

are you asked any questions on your presentation during the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

Just got my invitation today, I'm close to 160 for Dublin.

• Advertisement

No...you present first for 10 mins, another 10mins of questions then from the board on the presentation then it's completely parked and they move onto the interview part.

Advertisement