Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The filming in Bray/Wicklow thread

Options
  • 14-10-2022 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Lots of filming going on in multiple locations at the moment, thought it could be interesting to have a thread updating what's being made?

Current locations around the beach area, Cliff road & Bray head... any ideas on what these are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

I know there's currently a German TV show being filmed in Bray. I think it's called Irish Crime or something like that - a detective show set here.

Also someone told me that RTE have been shooting a new drama that's set in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭George White

Der Irlande Krimi (Krimi being German for a specific type of crime-thriller, usually set in Britain, initially to describe the work of British crime writer Edgar Wallace).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,356 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Also newcastle/newtownmountkennedy recently and the massive operation at Magheramore with the purpose build house. No idea what either are filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Currently:

Bray - Doctors clinic behind McDonalds & Some set-up in the harbour

Greystones - Old Charlesland golfclub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭zg3409

Magheramore filming stopped as ran out of money. Article in Wicklow people a month or two ago. I see a lot of unmarked trucks off boghall road that look like film trucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

There is something beign filmed in Rathnew at the moment with the College doubling for a hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Widowmaker

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Quite a few accommodation camper vans and trucks on Djouce mountain (south side) with film crew, lights etc. on the beach at Lough Tay, Thursday last.

Anyone with any details?

Something being filmed in The Burnaby, Greystones.. any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Sorry can't help you there, but it raises the interesting point that in an area of the country where there's almost constant filming going on given the concentration of film studios here, it's often very difficult to find out online what's filming unless you get the opportunity to ask someone on the set (usually annoying them as you're the 100th person to ask the same thing that day :))

The websites of the film studios aren't much help either.

I also notice on many occasions (including Greystones yesterday), the Guards are acting as private security for this commercial company.

In a time when our policing resources are at an all-time low and resources are overstretched, is this the best use of 2 uniformed Guards and an official vehicle for a full day?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

The Guards aren't there to act as security. They're employed on what's called 'non public' overtime, in other words paid for on their rest days by the film company. It would be necessary where, for example, they have paid for a road closure order and need a person/people in authority to police this

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

In full uniform and a Garda "Roads traffic" 4X4 fully liveried/branded vehicle...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Peckham

Attached gives a good overview of nature of payment to Garda for non public duty policing.

Includes details of a payment by Clocktower Films for whatever they were making at the time - Disenchanted, possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

This is commonplace stuff. If you're doing something that affects the public by requiring road closures or traffic diversions or whatever — it might be a film shoot or a big sporting event, a concert, or even just moving an oversized load on the public roads — then obviously you need to involve the relevant authorities, and you will probably need the guards to enforce road closures, direct pedestrian or motor traffic, or whatever. You have no legal powers entitling you to do any of that stuff yourself.

But this is a commercial operation from which you hope to make a profit. Why should the taxpayer subsidise it by providing a free police support? So there's discussions with the authorities about what level of policing your event requires, and then you get billed for that for part or all of the cost of that.

(You don't pay the individual guards directly. You pay the State; the State pays the guards.)

A lot of activity this week..

Filming inside & outside "The Tin Roof" pub on Quinnsboro Rd, Also inside a house on one of the sidestreets beside Carslile grounds.

Seems to be setting something up beside (former) BH Hotel.

There was a huge set in Kilruddery a week or so ago, night filming with simulated lightning etc.

A set being built at the entrance to the harbour (Tall terraced houses)

Anyone know what productions they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I saw signs of filming activity in Killruddery and the Bray head hotel as well and wondered what it was.

What always surprises me is the total lack of any any information on current projects on either the websites or social media of the studios here such as Ardmore or Ashford. Lots of UK production company based stuff going on as well which wouldn't be on there, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Any idea what is being filmed next to Silver Strand? Bungalow set built there about a year ago, and filming on and off since.

• Advertisement
Advertisement