Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Concord remove sensor

Options
  • 22-10-2022 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭

I have an old Concord system, and I want to remove one of the sensors that is regularly triggering the alarm, despite changing batteries etc. Is the only way to do this permanently via the Engineering mode? I have an old service docket with my customer number on it. Is that enough to get the engineering code (we haven't been a customer for some 12+ years). Is it straightforward enough? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

You would need engineer access to remove and add a sensor.

If the senor is a 433 shock sensor, you can get the head replaced as that is what might be causing your issue.

You can also take out the sensor head and join the cable together to stop it going off also, that's providing the sensor head is the issue you are having.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks Altor. Have removed the head and joined cables. Will see how it goes.

No joy unfortunately, alarm went off during the night, with the usual tamper sensor shock warning, despite the sensor head being removed and cables joined. Rang Phonewatch and they can't give me the engineering code for the alarm, citing anonymization of data over two years old which is a bit disappointing. Any other options that will allow us to continue using the alarm without this one faulty sensor?

Other than making sure spring is sitting correctly into the lid, if its the tamper on the device you will need to delete the sensor.

Thanks Altor. With phonewatch being unable to provide an engineering code, I guess there's no way to delete the sensor.

• Advertisement

Other than a full default and reprogram of the system, alternately a panel upgrade to use the 433 sensors might be the better option as if anything goes in that panel you would need to do the same.

Advertisement