Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

IIRC anyone in any EU country can be tossed out back home after 3-6 months if they don't gain employment. Your not supposed to arrive on welfare or stay on it. Go to France see how well we fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,643 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

When is multi-culturalism spreading to the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas? Seems like it's all up to western Europe these last 60 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

They actually protect their borders and don't allow to many foreigners in. You act up in the ME your out visa gone for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ramasun

Which society's have advanced in that time?

Even Saudi Arabia has had to make itself just about tolerable for foreigners, so they can develop the way Qatar and UAE are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

They where too busy down the quays busting someone doing 33klms and hour in a 30.

• Advertisement

As soon as they have welfare systems in place to match those of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Astounding listening this morning on RTE. Ministers holding an emergency meeting this morning to try and come to a solution to free up more accommodation. One of the biggest factors highlighted is a massive increase needed in deportations, massive increase in illegal immigrant checks and especially for those who are refusing to say what flight they came in on.

Christ can only wonder what a joke of a system was in place before.

There trying to bolt a door long after this horse has bolted now.

Done a fair bit of moaning about issues involving the Gardai myself but can't blame them wanting not to be involved with certain groups in the video. As well as being massively under resourced and inadequately staffed for the massive increase in population I would say its a no win situation when dealing with this crowd and them pulling the ethnic minority race card. Only my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,246 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In the Middle East you tried that craic that those Roma were up here to it wouldn’t just be your visa you’d want to worry about loosing… try that in Saudi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

One of the big things for me and immigration is to have a high bar for entry. Every country, culture etc across the world have fantastic, hard working, great people and they all also have the reverse. In order to protect the vulnerable in our society such as the disabled who rely on us having a strong welfare system we need to have a high bar set for immigration so we don’t end up with increasing levels of welfare dependency. I think we already are seen as a soft target and this will become increasingly apparent as time goes on. We saw in other EU countries that certain groups have a higher social welfare dependency and we did nothing to prevent same happening here. Anyone who said we should put restrictions on immigration were told they were racist and for years that worked people said nothing so they wouldn’t be accused of being racist. There are other countries out there who have strict criteria for work visas so only take people whose skills they actually need and those people are expected to support themselves.

As far as I am aware EU citizens are expected to work when they move countries. I think you can get booted out if you don’t find work. Obviously if you have lived in Ireland for years and are between jobs then you are treated like an Irish citizen which is only right.

I don’t understand why we take in people from safe countries as asylum seekers. It appears to be a loophole tbh. There are people genuinely fleeing persecution and war. Resources should be going to them. I know many posters tell us we are a rich country, but we are also an incredibly indebted country.

• Advertisement

There isn't a single country on the planet where multiculturalism has worked over the last 50 years. I dare anyone to spend a day walking through Dublin City and tell me we will be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

I don’t quite think it’s the government closing them down directly. It’s more likely the owners are finding it more profitable to move away from the rules and regulations required to operate as a nursing home.

Every decision appears to be made in panic mode with no consideration of long term consequences.

Green Party wants to double population of Ireland - Eamon Ryan said in the Dail in November 2016

"We must start planning for being an island of 10 million including bringing people in as refugees in scale, not just 200 people but a larger number and managing it "

That makes zero sense from an environment point of view. Planet needs West to use less resources not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

I’m glad this is understood here, at least. Sure it was said but there’s a lot of folk playing dumb to all this not least those in power. Don’t believe it for a minute in a climate where GDP, numbers and wealth is the only reflection of intelligence they are the cutest of whores. Just as the government up the ante in baiting yet more people into gombeenism remember greed knows no bounds the appetite is only further whetted and in this one can never be too full, hence no cap.

No limits! No money pit too deep / no cash pile too high. And so it continues apace until the people cease to be so a pathetic to the situation and duly respond.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I noticed #irelandisfull trending on twitter today and some of the vids... But I can really see an actual backlash against these policies. Nation changing policies where we never got a direct vote as an electorate(save for '04 when we rejected it). There are no alternatives, that's the problem. Nobody but a handful of eejits would vote for a crowd like the National Party, so the choices left are all full on behind these policies. Sinn Fein will be the same or worse. And when a populace can see with their own two eyes the bullshít and how it's affecting their lives and their kid's futures ,that's when the boogyman "Right wing" that the bedwetters cry wolf about is almost certain to rise in actuality.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Wojtek the Bear and Cordell threadbanned

And a load more posts deleted. Threadbans for posters continuing to ignore this warning

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Uncharted2

What do you think Michael Collins and Padraig Pearse would think of today's Ireland?

klaz threadbanned

• Advertisement

Don't worry lads and lasses, imo were soon going to see the results of this great multiculturalism they have been trying to sell to people. See the video of our capital city is trending on twitter and other social media sites. Once they see what affect its going to have on tourists and trade for shops in the capital not to forget the Irish people they might realise what a mess were in.

If you dropped them in blind folded they might not know what country they are in .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Honestly it seems like the current political class actively want to create a far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

Sure did you not hear? Apparently Pearse was a Fascist by today's standards.

From the book : Tom Clarke leader of the Easter Rising by Michael T Foy

Leftist delusion : “But duhhh Irish Nationalism is duhhh anti racist duhhh the 1916 Proclamation when saying Irish people actually meant Africans and any foreigner who plants their feet here and not the historic Irish Nation”                                   

Reality - Arthur Griffith, Founder of Sinn Féin and Tom Clarke, the mastermind behind the 1916 Rising and one of the seven signatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭US3

London is one of the most multicultural city's on earth and one of the crime capitals of the earth. I think they still do ok with tourism

Having armed Met Police at all the various tourist sites and main train stations helps. Also regular met police cops are of a much higher standard compared to our Gardai.

I've visited London probably around a dozen times in my life and never felt unsafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭lmao10

It doesn't really matter how racist they were at this point. That kind of thing is seen as very backward now, like a lot of attitudes people had in the past.

None of that negates the point I made about your fellow travellers who are revisionists when it comes to Irish Nationalism.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And as I've pointed out before it's not exactly great for many of those demographics who are seen as "other" by the "local" population. The first generation generally are OK and while they certainly can receive negative attention, it's the generations that follow who see the "multicultural" pup they've been sold. When the Windrush folks landed in post war Britain there was certainly novelty, suspicion all the way to overt racism in play from the locals, but they kept their heads down and tried to fit in. Many did OK, many more ended up worse off. But it was their kids who got political, their kids who rioted in the 1970's. And they had good reasons to. It's their grandkids who are marching for BLM.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement