Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Quite the conundrum when your current EV doesn't have the range to get you to a dealer and back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Get a friend in an ICE car or a partner or family member to bring you then.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭baziled13

did anyone gets dates for car orders shipped from China or arriving with dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭usual_suspect

I’ve been told January is the target for the first batch in Ireland (that’s delivered to customers). Of course, a salesperson told me this so take with an MG4-amount of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You can only buy via the dealer. The first batch all sold out pretty much right away. If you order now you are looking at around July (but who really knows). I ordered my ZS in December for March and didn't get it until mid-July.

Everything about it is great bar the communication from MG in China. MG Ireland, dealers and customers are pretty much left in the dark until it's on the boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Asked today when putting down deposit and was literally told 'We don't know, we've no idea'.

When I mentioned that others (on here) had been told June/July - was told they'd love to know where people were getting this information.

Also told they've had 40 odd deposits this week, and test drive is booked out (Frank Keane)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,047 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

How 1970! I think the nearest MG dealer is an hour and a half away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,522 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah either you do it the olden days way and have dealers all over the country where you physically go in, or do it the new way where you just order online. The MG setup seems the worst of both worlds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

This might help does of you interested in an MG not just the 4 but with no dealers near you,

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭pandabat

Appreciate that you're probably only trying to help but am I missing something? What does that add/do that can't be done directly on the MG site?

• Advertisement

Which MG dealers have MG 4 available for test drive

Check their websites/social-media/YouTube channels. Most will have it well advertised if they've actually received a model - there are only 6 dealers so it's probable that they all have one (but only one) each. Now, that said, someone mentioned earlier in thread that the one dealer's car was booked out for test drives. I took one of the first couple of drives at JPMG in Cork but I believe that it's been very busy there too in the last few days. There's a facility to book test drives via the MG website but I'd say that, unless your picking a date way in the future, you're unlikely to get your chosen date/time.

You could just roll up at the dealer and hope to get lucky. Whether you'd get to drive it or not be would be in lap of the Gods but you'd at least get to see the car in the flesh if you hang around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Exactly what I done.

I hadn’t a test drive booked and just wanted to have a look at the car in the flesh but I was lucky enough to have dropped in when the car was there and no test drive booked so the dealer gave the keys.

Frank keane.

Charges of 1845 euro seem steep, does anyone know if the delivery charges are the same for MG HS, ZS and MG 5.

You'll need to talk to your specific dealer about their specific charges and what you/they can do about them but I've seen earlier in this thread that you can get it delivered for less than €1845 if you ask about it.

Post edited by pandabat on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,237 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its a great little car. Had a spin in one today. Every bit the same experience as an ID.3, solid, comfortable, roomy, very good infotainment, unexpectedly refined and excellent range all for over 30% less money.

I expect they'll have a very hard time keeping up with demand in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

can s still order one for 2023? what is expected waiting time now?

I was told that MG are really going to concentrate on banging this model out of the factory and that customers still waiting on other MG models would be encouraged to switch to one of these. Local dealer here expecting around 20-25 cars per month once shipments get rolling but I'd guesstimate based on current interest that they're probably going to be selling around a month's worth of cars every week or two so if you're interested then I'd say make contact with a dealer and get your deposit down to join the queue.

Ya the first few shipments will sell out fast and then people will see them on the road, realise the great value for the car I’d say it will be top seller 2023

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

But does anyone have a guess of deliveries for current orders as Frank Keane knee nothing, and MG notoriously poor at communicating until car literally on the way

• Advertisement

Afaik there may be small batch in late 2022 but it's going to be into Jan/Feb '23 before the more regular deliveries start. Then it'll depend which dealer you're with, what's their allocation of the total on the ship (have to assume Dublin-based dealers will probably get a bigger allocation than more regional ones based on population density/demand) and where you are in the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I was told by the extremely helpful salesman in Reynolds MG drogheda that Ybarra would be an initial 250 cars coming in for Q1 2023 on a single shipment.

Then there “should” be a ship every month- month and a half with the same amount, after feb 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Charlie 22

Would anyone consider getting the entry level model with the smaller battery due to the different battery chemistry? (LFP vs. NMC)

I don't do a huge amount of KMs so the larger battery is not really needed for me. I would be maybe worried about re-sale value being impacted more than the 2k difference in price.

I ordered Standard range with 350km and charging at home is plenty for me, but for anyone doing regular longer drives the long range would be needed.

I assume Both cars should devalue at same rate, the LFT battery might be better if your keeping the car past the 8 year warranty.

If you don't regularly need the extra range then there's little point in spending the extra €3.5k to step up what will probably work out to be 60-80kms difference in real-life range. The standard range version is perfect for low mileage, short-hop lifestyles. Think realistically about how often you'd need more than the 260kms you'd probably get out of the standard range and see how far that would actually get you using this site: https://2kmfromhome.com

Add in the apparently more robust nature of LFP and it's lower propensity to generate a crazy battery fire in an accident and it starts to make even more sense.

None of us can predict the future or residuals - you could hold out for PCP offers and at least have the GMFV to fall back on but I think that the value that the MG4 is offering in comparison to rivals leaves you in a pretty secure place anyway. People looking for a second hand EV in a few years time will probably appreciate that relative value too and so these should remain in demand. However there are many variables and you have to make up your own mind on it in the end.

In the Limerick dealer where I ordered most of the orders are for LR and exclusive very few SR, don't know what about Dublin and Cork

I did dither a bit myself on whether to go SR or LR and I'd be lying if I said that there isn't a part of me that doesn't want to go for the LR but, thinking about whether I realistically need it or how often that extra range would actually get used and putting that against €3,500, it gets difficult to justify the extra spend

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Hi all,

Test drove today. Very impressed with car, both performance and quality of car. There is a high quality finish. Loads of room inside.

I placed an order for the SR model, main reason was LFP battery.

No timeline for delivery.

If you are on the fence, go test drive, you will be impressed.

To clarify cost for SR ( my experience anyway)

Deposit = €500, fully refundable.

Car cost = €27,495

Metallic + delivery = € 1,750

Total = €29,245

Premium pack (Optional). = €1,000 (ish)

Ya agree with review of the quality of the car, what colour did you go with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Went with the grey, I think it will look good with the contrast of the black trim and wheels.

Will also stand the test of time!

Advertisement