Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

He couldn't care less what you think, it's his life not yours, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Where did I question his decisions.... strange comment....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Such a weird take. He’s hardly going to go to a club that don’t have a chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Why would he bother moving club to a club that needs strengthening? If you're going through all this hassle to move to a dublin club i don't see why you wouldn't be looking at the stronger clubs and get a bit of club success while you're there. Its not his responsibility to level the playing field in dublin!

Is there any interest in club football in Galway, 20 days since the last post. Anyway mountbellew to win the senior football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I think Moycullen are pacing themselves well. Could be a cracking game against Tuam.

Pat Kelly is having a fantastic championship so far though. Hopefully he'll kick on to that next gear at intercounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mf 265

When is dunmore v clonberne on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Turloughmore Vs Sarsfields U20 Hurling Replay 2022

And Cyril Farrell pucking every ball in his commentary, great stuff altogether.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Up the shafts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

What was the Mountbellew Moylough goalkeeper at? total gifts of goals to Moycullen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MfMan

M/M did look a bit tired and one-dimensional in recent games though, not hugely impressive against an admittedly good Corofin team, and were very reliant on McHugh and Finnerty up front. McHugh didn't repeat his heroics as he did v Corofin and not sure if Finnerty was fully fit. Moycullen were well up for it and Sean Kelly was an inspiration. Black marks against M/M for some heavy treatment on him.

After their earlier meeting with M/M in the group stages, I did predict that Salthill would meet them again in the county final, so I got it half right. Moycullen will be favourites but with Rob Finnerty and Tomo in very good form currently the seasiders have a live chance on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

moran and michael Daly were big losses for mountbellew and they looked a bit off. I think the standard of football was very good so far this year and bodes well for the county set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Avon8

Its been great. Plenty of county prospects playing good stuff and some others putting their hand up.

It was almost a pity Corofin were so ridiculously good for so long, we see what an exciting championship it can be in the last 3 years since they dropped off a bit. Even then, Corofin never had an easy ride within Galway really. The relative lack of success of the county team over the last decade has probably blinded us to the local club championship becoming a bit of a behemoth. Id fancy Moycullen to go all the way if they make it over Salthill

5 all stars, Silke, Daly, McDaid, Comer and Walsh, good return unlucky for Sean Kelly probally paid the price for marking Clifford in the final.

Ya, 1 better than I really expected. Thought Daly and Comer might have been 'mutually exclusive'. Then again, don't know how Ciaran Kilkenny got in, good second half v Kerry, but anonymous in the first - there on reputation methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Robert2014

Congrats to all All-stars. Fantastic achievement!

Had thought Comer might miss out for somebody like Rian O'Neill as somebody like Kilkenny was always going to get the nod. 5 is pretty fair for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

He might have stood beside him but he didn't mark him..

There are very few who would have been able to mark him from any county and indeed from any era. Kelly is a super talent and did the best he could and played football, at least he wasn't mouthing at him like O Hora from Mayo making a fool of himself and his county in the absence of being able to play football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Think Kelly is wasted at full back…much better out field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Well done Moycullen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

What happened in Loughrea v Turloughmore, penos like the U21?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭spurshero

Hard to see st Thomas beaten after watching both games yesterday . They got better as game went on . Having said that was disappointed with what I thought were a poor enough Sarsfields team for all the talk . Loughrea done what they had to do against a bridge team way too reliant on Niland … they scored 3 goals and will need the same to trouble Thomas’s ya would think … is McManus worth a look for galway ? . Thought the atmosphere was very flat and wasn’t helped by an exodus after the first game . Also wasn’t sure I could go till nearly throw in time yesterday and personally think 25 euro at the gate is at least 5 if not 10 euro too much in these high cost of living times .

Jamie Ryan was on a Galway panel a while back but I'd defo give him a go again in the League if he had the interest. His turn of pace is unreal. I believe he'd be in or around the same age as Jason Flynn so he'd probably be worth a go. Bad aul outing for the likes of Brennan and Niland. They never got going from play really.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Loughrea will cause a few problems for Thomas's but would expect them to go ahead and get the 5 in a row. They totally wiped out Sarsfields in the second half. I thought Sarsfield would give them a better game. Conor Cooney class again. He really delivers at club level.

Very strange performance from Clarinbridge They were way off it. Two man full forward line with the wind in first half didn't work at all. Very dependant on Niland. Kennedy, Brennan and Lee were very quiet. Loughrea look well drilled. They were way better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭spurshero

Niland got 14 points 4 or which were from play with very limited ball . Very hard to say he never got going especially considering conditions on top . Whoever’s fault it was bridge lost it wasn’t his .

Agreed, 'Bridge would have been well adrift only for Niland's display. Don't really see what county mgmt are yet seeing in Gavin Lee; he's young and probably not able to impose himself on a match as yet. Brennan tried manfully I thought but he may be a bit one-sided, but the day really didn't suit Mark Kennedy, who surprisingly struggled with his touch. On the other side I thought Tiernan Killeen enhanced his reputation, he looked assured all through. In the opener, Kevin Cooney was generally decent, though should have goaled with that first-half chance. Connaire found the going tough up against David Burke while Darren Morrissey surprisingly made a few errors. Shame Conor Cooney just can't migrate his club consistency to county form.

If you can buy your ticket in advance, you save €5 at the gate (or €10 if you are a student / OAP ...ahem!).

I certainly didn't pin the blame on him. By his high club standards he wouldn't be writing him about 4 from play either. The bridge are missing that bit of experience that lads like Coen add. It's a very young team yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Avon8

Going to be tough here for Moycullen without Cooke and McLaughlin (long term). Cooke was probably the player of the Galway championship and about the last lad you'd want to lose

Good game so far, reasonably open

Advertisement