Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Totally Red

Just a quick update i started over 6 months ago i couldn't be more happier. The flexibility and more time at home with the family is priceless. Yes the wages starting off maybe small i took a drop from previous employment but knowing that they have the potential to increase each year is brilliant without having to move up the ladder if you chose not to. I have a great team that i work with that make the work environment a pleasure to be in which is an added bonus for me. For anyone that maybe on two minds i say grab it with both hands 🤗 I'm glad i did 😀 #short term pain = Long term gain 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

What area (dept) are you working in and what do you do day to day? Is it easy/stressful?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

That's absolutely brilliant. So glad you're enjoying it and happy that your pay cut for a better work life balance is paying off. I too am loving my job, and am now an EO in the same department. My colleagues are a pleasure to work with (most of the time 😉) and my managers are supportive of everything from learning & development to promotion. Best decision I ever made was to move to the CS.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 foliage77

Can anything give me any info on what way I fill out the verification of service thats parts of preclearance? It says to be filled in my hr/payroll. is that my current employer or is it if you already work in the service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

Brilliant! I'm in the same boat. 2 months in civil service and also took a pay cut. But worth it for less stress and more flexibility. And lots of opportunities to move up in the future. I was very anxious about changing jobs/career but I've no regrets and will push anyone to go for civil service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 dealzer

Still in two minds about taking a significant paycut. Pity they won't tell you exactly the type of work you will be doing or the location it would make the decision a bit easier. Glad it worked out for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hfelloni

Joined CS early September. Pay Cut worth it. Loving my new job I work with fabulous people. I’m in an Intreo office work can start at 8am till 7pm but with flexi it’s fab! You won’t regret the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

Nearly 3 weeks since interview results and no offer yet. I’m on the Kilkenny panel anyone know how long after interview results others were waiting for an offer? Was really hoping to have started somewhere before Christmas. Thats looking doubtful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 onol

Hi can I ask just filing in garda vetting for us it 2 identification and one household bill proof of address and self declaration when do I get ask for references and service already completed please

Update got clearance forms today so just under 3 weeks after interview results. (Kilkenny panel).

• Advertisement

I received a Candidate Self Declaration form with the Garda vetting form and I had to give details of 2 references on that. Previous service info will be requested at time of offer I think.

Can I also ask what scanned documents did you send with your self declaration form

Passport, (and driving licence I don’t think I needed both but sent anyways) letter from employer showing address and utility bill with address.

Richpersoninsideapoor I sent passport driving licence utility bill and hse Id would you think that is okay put work down for reference and previous employment didn't have a letter from work showing address but thinking now I should have even sent a payslip now I am kicking myself. I presume they will contact me if they want more. Think I just panicked

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

I just got an invitation for pre-employment checks. The deadline is 1st November. Do they really only give you a few days to complete everything? I have to hunt down a previous manager that no longer works for the company I was working with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,257 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Given that almost all references these days are pretty much just "J Bloggs was employed by us from X date to Y date" can't the company HR sort this out for you? Why does it have to be that guy specifically? Timeline does seem very short but they obviously want to place people ASAP so every cloud and all that. If you are having trouble getting a reference phone PAC and ask for their advice.

Scrap the cap!

I persumed they would just email the managers email you provide as that is the way hse do it they sent a reference form to be completed

No what you sent is more than enough once the utility bill has your name and address on it. I sent more than needed.

Put done HR for that organisation and main phone number. If they don’t have a HR sept put down The Manager. They have to have kept records and it’ll just be employment dates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

It was work experience for a course I did a few years ago. I thought I would have had to get the managers email. Does that even count? I also have a reference from volunteering. I don't know if that counts either

• Advertisement

Just send the general email for the organisation. Whoever is looking after the inbox will know who to forward it too. They’ll be used to getting requests for references. They ask for 2 so you only need to send current employer and 1 other.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 violets

For garda vetting do you just send photos of your id(s) and proof of address?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 violets

For garda vetting do you just send photos of your id(s) and proof of address? As in they don't need you to actually send originals do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dealzer

Scanned copies are sufficient. Just use your phones camera to scan them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

The closing date for this comp is 3rd November. When would we hear anything in regards to interviews for anyone who has applied before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

I did it last year. Assement was early Dec. Then I got called for interview in April for Dublin. All depends on county and OOM from assement as to when you'll be called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

Hi all, Interview coming up and wondering if you have any good tips for me!? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Maglz22

Hi, anyone that’s wondering they are at OOM 163 for Co. Kerry as of last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Have an example for each competency. Know why you want to work for civil service. Know a small bit about excel/word. Be yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Still at OOM 60 for Tipp - crazy as know the DSP are looking for staff

Advertisement