Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I've watched about 3 episodes of The Watcher so far and I'm actually enjoying it! But I was a fan of American Crime Story and some of the American Horror Stories. It seems like an interesting story especially if it's based on true events, although acting is a bit cheesy. Definitely watchable though IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The School for Good and Evil (2022) Best friends Sophie and Agatha find their bond put to the test when they're whisked away to a magical school for future fairy-tale heroes and villains

The Green Glove Gang season 1 (2022) (Polish) When their latest heist goes wrong, three older female burglars evade officials by hiding out in a nursing home -- where they uncover a sinister secret

The Stranger (2022) An undercover cop forms an intense, intimate relationship with a murder suspect while trying to earn his trust and elicit a confession..

Notre-Dame (2022) Limited Series (French) Inspired by true accounts from French firefighters, this drama series explores the impact of the 2019 fire of Notre-Dame on a diverse group of Parisians

Love Is Blind season 3 (2022) Nick and Vanessa Lachey host this social experiment where single men and women look for love and get engaged, all before meeting in person.

Added

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The School for Good and Evil was filmed in Belfast, I think. Trailer looks like everything is CGI so I doubt there'll be any recognisable locations to spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

It is based on a true story: https://www.thecut.com/article/the-haunting-of-657-boulevard-in-westfield-new-jersey.html

Haven't watched it but I assume they've had to add a lot of extra detail in order to make a series out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

How do I access the PL on prime? Is there a thread on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭McGrath5

It starts well, we have 1 episode to go after watching 6 last night, which was a shambles. Still overall it's been good.

Vatican Girl: The Disappearance of Emanuela Orlandi (2022) Limited Series (Italian) Rome, 1983. After leaving a music lesson, 15-year-old Emanuela Orlandi vanishes -- embroiling the Vatican in a decades-long mystery.

The Brothers Grimsby (2016) When a smooth MI6 assassin embarks on a dangerous mission that reunites him with his happy, numbskull brother, they must team up to save the world

The Space Between Us (2016) After years of limited contact with Earth, an inquisitive teen who lives on Mars makes an interplanetary trek to discover his own origins

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The Brothers Grimsby elephant scene is a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Finished watching the Watcher last night. Less said about it the better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I keep seeing chatter about The Watcher and getting it confused with Watcher, a film that came out only a couple of momths back and got a little bit of indie buzz for (supposedly) being a decent little indie Psychological Thriller.

• Advertisement

Barbarians Season 2 (2022) Torn between the mighty empire that raised him and his own tribal people, a Roman officer's conflicted allegiances lead to an epic historical clash..

From Scratch (2022) Limited Series An artist finds romance with a chef in Italy and embarks on a life-changing journey of love, loss, resilience and hope across cultures and continents.

Descendant (2022) Descendants of the enslaved Africans on an illegal ship that arrived in Alabama in 1860 seek justice and healing when the craft's remains are discovered.

28 Days Haunted Season 1 (2022) Three teams each spend 28 days in some of America's most haunted locations for a paranormal experiment based on the theories of Ed and Lorraine Warren.

ONI: Thunder God's Tale (2022) Limited Series In a mystical world of Japanese gods and spirits, a courageous girl strives to follow in her mysterious father's footsteps and find her true powers

Added

Strangeways Here We Come (2018) A ragtag band of high-rise tenants come together to rid themselves of a ruthless loan shark who's making their lives miserable

Never Play with the Dead (2002) After a group of teens attempts to turn an abandoned asylum into the perfect party spot, they confront malevolent forces intent on driving them mad.

The Hedonist (2014) This documentary tracks the creation of The Hedonist, a hotel room built with sustainable materials on a tiny budget for the Hotel Shabby Shabby project.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dahmer was really good but a couple of episodes too long

• Registered Users Posts: 39,823 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Great that unsolved mysteries is back and have watched the first two of season 3 and the first one is tragic and given that her friends don’t want to talk is interesting. I don’t think it was suicide either and I think it was made to look that way.

the second episode I think there is something there because no way that many people saw the same thing and it nothing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Watched a movie the other day, forgot to add here, Mudbound - world war two era mississippi, family and racial tensions, slow burner but i really enjoyed it

The Chalk Line (2022) (Spanish) After a couple finds a traumatized child of unknown origins, wife Paula must decipher the girl's strange behaviors to unlock her identity and dark past..

The Bounty Hunter (2010) Bounty hunter Milo Boyd finds his latest assignment downright satisfying as he learns that the bail-jumper he must chase down is his ex-wife, Nicole.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The Stranger is worth a watch. I'd read some reviews that it was a convoluted mess but I didn't think so, I would recommend watching with subtitles though as there is a bit of mumbling dialogue going on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭jj880

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Playlist, the story of Spotify, is very good so far.

Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities season 1 (2022) Bizarre nightmares unfold in eight tales of terror in this visually stunning, spine-tingling horror collection curated by Guillermo del Toro Guillermo told by some of today’s most revered horror creators – including the directors of The Babadook, Splice and Mandy.

Added

What's coming in November

November 1st

Buddy Games (2019) – Josh Duhamel directs this comedy from WWE Films about a group of friends competing in

Felon (2008) – Ric Roman Waugh writes and directs this violent prison thriller.

Gabby’s Dollhouse (Season 6) Netflix Original Series – Kids animated series from DreamWorks TV.

Jungleland (2019) – Boxing movie starring Charlie Hunnam and Jack O’Connell.

Kimi ni todoke: From Me to You (Multiple Seasons) – Anime series about a high schooler breaking out of her shell.

Molang (Multiple Seasons) – Kids animated series about an imaginative, big-hearted bunny and his friend, a shy chick, exploring the everyday joys of their pastel-colored world.

Spell (2020) – Horror starring Omari Hardwick, Loretta Devine, and Lorraine Burroughs about a man crash landing in rural Appalachia.

The Ghost (2022) – Indian action movie about a former agent unleashing his lethal skills.

The Takeover (2022) Netflix Original Film – Dutch action crime film.

Travel Man: 48 Hours In… (Season 5) – Richard Ayoade and Joe Lycett’s Channel 4 travel docuseries. In this season, they travel to Rome, Valencia, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.

Young Royals (Season 2) Netflix Original Series – A winter break has passed and Prince Wilhelm and the rest of his classmates are back at Hillerska. When Wilhelm tries to take revenge on August, and win back Simon’s trust, he creates problems that threaten the entire monarchy.

Young Sheldon (Season 4) – The latest season of The Big Bang Theory prequel series.

November 2nd

Killer Sally (Limited Series) Netflix Original Series – Documentary true-crime series about a female bodybuilder who killed her husband.

Till Death (Season 2) – Arabic series.

The Undateables (Multiple Seasons) – Channel 4’s dating series that sees those with disabilities sign up with a dating agency to help find an understanding romantic partner.

November 3rd

Blockbuster (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – New comedy sitcom set in the last remaining blockbuster store.

Panayotis Pascot: Almost (2022) Netflix Original Special – French comedy stand-up special.

The Dragon Prince: Mystery of Aaravos (Season 4) Netflix Original Series – Kids fantasy animated series.

November 4th

Buying Beverly Hills (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – Debut season of a new reality property series.

Ẹlẹṣin Ọba: The King’s Horseman (2022) Netflix Original Film – Nollywood drama.

Enola Holmes 2 (2022) Netflix Original Film – The sequel to the Millie Bobby Brown movie co-starring Henry Cavill.

Lookism (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – Anime series based on the Park Tae-joon webtoon.

Manifest (Season 4 – Part 1) Netflix Original Series – The first half of the supersized final season. Prior 3 seasons exclusive to NowTV.

Scarlet Hill (Season 1) – Vietnamese crime series.

The Fabulous (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – Korean romantic drama series about four friends chasing their dreams in the competitive world of fashion.

The Secrets of Greco Family (Season 1) – Mexican crime series based on a true story.

The Syndicate (Season 1) – This episodic drama delves into the lives of cash-strapped workers whose worlds are turned upside down when they win millions in the lottery.

November 5th

Blitzed! (2020) – Music documentary about the London Club Blitz that saw the likes of David Bowie, Mick Jagger and Midge Ure visit.

Cuba’s Wild Revolution (2020) – PBS nature documentary.

El Dorado (2012) – Documentary following a Blues Brother tribute band.

Orgasm Inc: The Story of OneTaste (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – A sexual wellness company gains fame and followers for its practice of “orgasmic meditation” — until members come forward with disturbing allegations.

The Haunting of Margam Castle (2020) – British horror movie.

November 8th

Illumination’s Minions & More 2 (2022) – Another batch of animated shorts based in the Minions universe.

Neal Brennan: Blocks (2022) Netflix Original Special – Stand-up comedy.

The Claus Family 2 (2022) Netflix Original Film – Sequel to the Dutch live-action Christmas movie.

Triviaverse (2022) Netflix Original Special – Interactive quiz game.

November 9th

FIFA Uncovered (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – Docu-series looking into the corruption and controversy surrounding the governing football body.

The Crown (Season 5) Netflix Original Series – The latest and penultimate season of Netflix’s dramatized series on Queen Elizabeth II’s reign.

The Soccer Football Movie (2022) Netflix Original Film – Animated movie starring some of your favorite football icons.

November 10th

Falling for Christmas (2022) Netflix Original Film – The new Christmas rom-com from Netflix starring Lindsay Lohan.

Lost Bullet 2 (2022) Netflix Original Film – French action movie.

Love Never Lies: Destination Sardinia (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – Spanish-language reality series.

Motherland (Season 3) – Comedy sitcom about a group of mothers and a stay-at-home dad struggling to juggle childcare with self-care as they experience the thrills and trials of parenthood.

State of Alabama vs. Britanny Smith (2022) Netflix Original Documentary – This documentary tells the harrowing story of a woman trying to use Alabama’s Stand Your Ground law after killing a man she says brutally attacked her.

Synchronic (2019) – Anthony Mackie and Jamie Dornan star in this sci-fi movie about two paramedics questioning their realities.

Warrior Nun (Season 2) Netflix Original Series – The second season of the underrated action series.

November 11th

Ancient Apocalypse (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – Docuseries looking into pseudoarcheology theories.

Don’t Leave (2022) Netflix Original Film – Turkish romantic drama about a man who is suddenly dumped.

Down to Earth with Zac Efron (Season 2) Netflix Original Series – Zac Efron travels in this new docu-series where he heads to Australia.

Is That Black Enough For You?!? (2022) Netflix Original Film – Documentary from director Elvis Mitchell looking into 1970s Black cinema.

Monica, O My Darling (2022) Netflix Original Film – Hindi movie about a robotics expert joining a murderous plot.

My Father’s Dragon (2022) Netflix Original Film – From Irish studio Cartoon Saloon, this new animated adaptation is about a young boy leaving the city of Nevergreen and stumbles upon a ferocious beast.

November 14th

The Hidden Lives of Pets (Season 1) – Previously released as a Netflix Original outside the UK, this docuseries now hits Netflix UK. Narrated by Hugh Bonneville.

November 15th

Johanna Nordström: Call the Police (2022) Netflix Original Special – Swedish stand-up comedy.

Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous: Hidden Adventure (2022) Netflix Original Special – Interactive kids animated special.

Run for the Money (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – Japanese reality series.

November 16th

Off Track (2022) Netflix Original Film – Swedish comedy sports movie.

One of Us Is Lying (Season 2) Netflix Original Series – The second season of the Peacock teen series

Racionais MC’s: From the Streets of São Paulo (2022) Netflix Original Film – Brazillian rap documentary.

The Lost Lotteries (2022) Netflix Original Film – Thai comedy.

The Wonder (2022) Netflix Original Film – Sebastián Lelio’s new period mystery thriller based on the Emma Donoghue novel starring Florence Pugh

November 17th

1899 (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – When mysterious events change the course of an immigrant ship headed for New York in 1899, a mind-bending riddle unfolds for its bewildered passengers. From the creators of DARK.

Christmas With You (2022) Netflix Original Film – Aimee Garcia and Freddie Prinze Jr. star in this new holiday-themed romance movie.

Dead to Me (Season 3) Netflix Original Series – The third and final season of Netflix’s hit dramedy.

I Am Vanessa Guillen (2022) Netflix Original Documentary – Vanessa Guillen was 20 years old when she was found murdered at a US Army base. Rather than submit to silence, her family fought for justice and change.

November 18th

Elite (Season 6) Netflix Original Series – The latest entry in the Spanish-language crime teen series.

Reign Supreme (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – French music series starring Anthony Bajon and Melvin Boomer.

Slumberland (2022) Netflix Original Film – Jason Momoa stars in this new fantasy family movie about a young girl discovering a secret map to magical dreamworld.

Somebody (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – Korean crime series about a software developer who gets caught in a web of murder through a dating app.

November 19th

The Jonestown Haunting (2020) – British horror B-movie about a tragedy 10 years after with survivors revisiting the site.

November 24th

First Love (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – Japanese romantic drama.

The Noel Diary (2022) Netflix Original Film – Christmas feature film starring Justin Hartley.

November 30th

My Name is Vendetta (2022) Netflix Original Film – Italian crime film.

Falling For Christmas the obvious highlight in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Caquas

Vatican Girl is the mind-bending story of Emmanuel Orlandi, a teenage girl kidnapped in 1983. She lived with her family in an apartment within the Vatican and her family had served the Papacy for 100 years.

There are endless twists to this story - the KGB, the Mafia, international banking, pedophiles, the would-be assassin of the Pope. Well worth watching despite/because of the doubts that surround everything in this case. The ending is disappointing - it accuses the Vatican without solid evidence - but it is a fascinating series.

Post edited by Caquas on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

My wife loves those absolutely awful Christmas films Netflix produce. She finds them entertaining in a so bad they're good kind of way. There's clearly an audience for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Klaus and The Christmas Chronicles were good Netflix Christmas movies.

So I had to laugh at the "The Soccer Football Movie" name. Was like they just had the one name then realised not everyone calls it that so had to add the other word.

• Advertisement

I'm not even kidding about the Lohan Christmas film, I'm genuinely looking forward to it. I really enjoyed The Knight Before Christmas from a few years back, so I'm hoping this is more on par with that than something like Dolly Parton's one from a few years back. (Don't get me wrong, they all have a certain cheese factor, but every now and then one just hits the right balance)

Advertisement