Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your favorite movie quotes?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

“It's a small world when you've got unbelievable tits, Roy.” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

What colour is the boathouse in Hereford?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭delboy85

"The last time I was inside a woman was when I visited The Statue of Liberty" - from Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Why are many posts not including the movie title or character?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

Moe: "Oh, a wise guy, eh?" – The Three Stooges films

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Child's (Keith David) line from the thing.

The context being that MacReady (Kurt Russell) is outside in the cold trying to get back in to the base. The others don't know if he is human or the thing. As the men debate to just let him freeze to death outside one character says "what if we're wrong about him?" (What if he is human) to which Childs responds with the ever cold brilliant line "then we're wrong"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

You reminded me of the quote from Kingpin which I use when sitting with a sloppy eater "why don't you go eat that outside?"

Also I say "let's not start sucking each others dicks quite yet" (from Pulp Fiction) a hell of a lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

"You ever read Meister Eckhart? Eckhart saw Hell too. He said, the only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life. Your memories, your attachments, they burn them all away. But they're not punishing you, he said, they're freeing your soul. So the way he sees it, if you're frightened of dying and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all."

Louis - Jacob's Ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Yoshimi79

That's what I love about these high school girls man. I get older, they stay the same age

• Advertisement

"Boat Drinks"

Again, guys, why not post the character & movie title also?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

"there's nothing like a nice piece of hickory"

Clint Eastwood (The 'Pale Rider' , in film of same name - after he thrashes a few goons with an axe handle)

"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now, if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

Clint Eastwood "A Fistful of Dollars" - just before he shoots three goons; "my mistake, four coffins" 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 16,554 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Ok to do them this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

"Who else is almost dead?"

Frank Drebin - The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell Of Fear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

You know who that was? Crint Easserwood...

Crocodile Dundee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Love a good movie quote... Can't say these are my all-time favourites, but they're what come to mind now...

Following the trending Clint Eastwood theme, this one from Unforgiven.

"It's a hell of a thing killing a man.... You take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna' have."

There's something quite badass in his assured power in himself to take lives as he chooses.

Harvey Dent's very morbid outlook on the role of "heroics".

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Just for the dramatic irony; and the parallel of what Gordon & Batman decide has happened vs what actually happened.

And, something out of left-field from Roy McAvoy in Tin Cup

When a defining moment comes along, you can do one of two things. Define the moment or let the moment define you.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Life of Brian

Well, obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

"My girls, sir, they didn't care for the Overlook at first. One of them actually stole a pack of matches and tried to burn it down, but I... corrected them, sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from doing my duty I corrected her."

Delbert Grady - The Shining

Beetlejuice... Beetlejuice...Beetleju...

Black Knight: "'Tis but a scratch." – Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1974)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

In the jungle you must wait...until the dice reads five or eight 😔😔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

(The Judge) "Deciding what is true and what isn't now seems to me -- a lack of modesty."
    (Irène Jacob) "Vanity?"
    (The Judge) "Vanity."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

• Oskar Schindler: In every business I tried, I can see now, it wasn't me that failed. Something was missing. Even if I'd known what it was, there's nothing I could have done about it because you can't create this thing. And it makes all the difference in the world between success and failure.
    • Emilie Schindler: Luck?
    • Oskar Schindler: [Schindler kisses his wife's hand and smiles] War.

Advertisement