Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Also bathrooms with the handbasin at the window, which means you have to put the medicine cabinet/ mirror on a wall to one side . Makes shaving a pain in the ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Absolutely floored by a flu the last couple of days. Coughing all night as I feel the mucus drip down the back of my throat, needing to get up to pee more regularly than normal because I am drinking water to suppress the throat, shivering one minute and sweating the next, aches and pains all over. Wiped out after bringing the dog for a walk earlier when I'm usually not. Have done a couple of antigen tests, and they are all negative, but I feel worse now than I ever did when I had covid.

Of course, my ma says it's a delayed hangover because I was out celebrating a county final win last week, but it's definitely not that. But if it was one of the dearest brothers, she'd be a lot more sympathetic towards their plight!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nah, it's some nasty, nasty bug that's doing the rounds. Half of my office is out sick with it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

Idiot on a bike nearly knocked me down flying past me on the footpath despite a nice wide bike path on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in a supermarket Today and I asked a staff member where was the Cinnamon, Mixed Spice, etc. Now, she was young but she just sniggered and shrugged. I laughed it off and said I'd find it but it did annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My nose is dripping like a tap this morning and I'm also making Earth shattering sneezes as a result of a niggly head cold. It's only my second day back in work after being off for a week and I already feel like curling up in a corner and sleeping for the rest of the day.

Also, my Jack Russell terrier Toby has to wear the collar of shame until his next vet visit on Thursday as he cut the top of his winkie while rigorously humping his favourite pillow. He'll have to keep it on to stop him from biting at the wound and he's also on a course of antibiotics to prevent the wound from getting infected. We got him a much more comfortable foam collar but he ended up chewing through the strap on it so we had to reapply the plastic cone collar. Also the resulting vet bill floored me also, eating a big hole into my already meagre finances :(

And to top it all off, just as I put my head to the pillow last night, I could make out the unmistakable sound of a mouse in the room. Even saw the evil fooker after moving a few items around (swear to go god, it tried to lunge at me). Such is my irrational fear of them, I actually left my flat and slept in my parent's house for the night, although my heart-rate was sky-high. It's mouse's room now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

They love chocolate....I find the base of a tea cake works well as you've the chocolate and biscuit.....or just use a chocolate biscuit.

If you use a live trap make sure you release them a few miles away from your house or they will find you again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Farmer driving his herd of cattle across the road today and having them dump half a ton of cow muck on the road in question, then the farmer turned to me and tells me to take my mountain bike and 'go take a run skip and jump' mind you he used far more colour full language than that.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

In this morning's tribulations:

- Next door's dogs got into our garden and couldn't get back over the wall. Chaos ensues!

- Gatsby finds (and eats) a bee! Was he stung? Is he allergic if so? Stay tuned to find out!

- Sister manages to get turmeric all over a white granite counter-top. Will bleach lift it? Are we going to have to pay to have it professionally cleaned/possibly replaced? I'll let you know in about half an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

BBC:

"This hasn't happened in any other European country. Well, except Ireland. And Portugal."

"Hey, you with your ethnicity, what do you think?"

"Well, I'm sure he won't want to make a big issue of it. I don't want to make a big issue of it. But [wording that infers it's a big issue]."

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,170 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Discarded beer cans on the road, seeing a lot of these lately. Usually Heineken and obviously thrown out the passenger side.

Who the actual fcuk does this? Drinks while taking a spin with someone??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Am I the only one refreshing for the last 30 minutes waiting for an update from Dial Hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

Makes shaving a pain in the ass!

thought 'OP' posted that on purpose cos he had a savage comeback planned; when the inevitable funny response ( "Sounds like you're shaving the wrong end mate" ) came 😁

I just can’t choose my words today 😌 ,, TA no savage comeback :(

my own TA - don't even have a bathroom mirror; for mirrorage purposes, have the lid of a toilet brush holder sellotaped above the sink 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Gatsby wasn't stung. He did, however, steal my contraceptive pill pack and have to be coaxed/bribed away from it with copious promises of treats. Thankfully he didn't actually eat any of them. Second potential trip to the vet of the day swerved.

The bleach was also a success, thank fook.

What next, though???

(Edit: Don't feel the need to answer that question, Universe.)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sandz066

Watery soup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Annoys the fook outta me, also many wine bottles, alot of which are broken and not easy to avoid on the bike 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Good news then. Curious what effects contraceptive pills would have on a cat but probably best not to find out the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Phone call to electrician 2 weeks ago

Need a job done in kitchen.

Ok, will call in the next few days to have a look............ didnt happen

Text message 3 days ago to give a gentle reminder. ...... no reply 😏

Feck sake either you want the job or you dont but just answer at least !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The conversation they just had on the Last Word.

Obesity is now going to be classed as a disease rather than a lifestyle choice.

They went out of their way not to be offensive, as they do on radio nowadays for everything, and highlighted cases of overweight people who don't overeat, but failed to cover the irrefutable fact that 99% of obese people simply overeat.

Kids drinking lucozade at age 7 or 8, people eating takeaway food 3 or 4 nights per week while they watch netflix, those who drink 25 pints per week. Its all self inflicted but now we can't say that otherwise you are being offensive.

If it changes the way we deal with obesity at a national level it might help, but if the will isn't there then this is just giving overeaters a get out clause.

This agenda has been pushed since a while back on programmes like primetime on rte and coming from the top man within our health service the cure for this disease is surgery and pills.

Nevermind people living healthier lifestyles while there's a market and money to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The thing was, there was no discussion of the fact that 99% of obese people simply eat too much of the wrong food and move too little.

They mentioned people who eat 3000 calories per day and don't gain weight, or those who eat 1500 calories per day and gain weight, as some sort of justification. Neglecting to say this cohort is a tiny minority.

I was disappointed in Donal O'Shea peddling this angle. He always came across as a sensible doctor, but to ignore the obvious as a medical professional isn't right imho.

The fooker hasn't gone near the trap yet, but there is gnawed up paper elsewhere in the room, so it is still in there somewhere. I am waiting for a couple of reinforcements to gut the room, hopefully force it out of hiding and scamper out the door. Might even recruit the dog for extra cover. I will bravely man the sweeping brush from a safe distance of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,295 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Watching Celtic vs Shaktar Donetsk.

a neutral with a leaning towards Celtic but annoyed at the sheer absolute scumbag nature of the Shaktar team…kicking lumps out of Celtic players, diving every two minutes like it’s the Olympics and constantly harassing the ref for fouls when none occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The cat just sat watching me clean out the litter tray. Put it back in place and in she went and had a sh!te.

Zero fcuks given.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I know one of these, a friend's husband. D4 posho type born with a silver spoon in his gob but is now an alcoholic and on the dole. A real credit to his hard working parents! If he goes anywhere in the car (- as a passenger, he is off the road) he has to have a can on him.

He used to take them into the cinema too and wash his popcorn down with them. Then kick the remnants of the popcorn under the seats for the staff to clean. He was in his 30s at the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement