Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022 T20 World Cup in Australia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ireland batting first after winning the toss and a wicket down early on. Balbirnie in the second over for one run

40/2 at end of powerplay. tucker went for 10

Routine enough stuff unfortunately. Tector did well with bat. Surprised we chose to bat, do feel we always have a better chance chasing

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Sri Lanka seem to have a real hold over Ireland. I don't think there's ever been a close game, it's always an absolute hammering. It doesn't help I suppose that the batting is so clueless against spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

India v Pakistan, 1st innings was quite the rollercoaster. All to play for. I’d love to see Pakistan do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

This is some finish to the India - Pakistan match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Last over was crazy. I've never seen anything like that.

Absolutely heartbreaking for Pakistan. What a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Controversial?? The no ball on the six was the changer. Be a tough result for Pakistan to take and pressure of yer man bowling last over.

As regards our efforts, we seem to do better when the ball is coming in quicker. Can't really handle it when we have to hit the ball off a slow pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That was a classic, as good a T20 match as I’ve seen , had the atmosphere and aura of a final.

Hard to know which country to be up for… a team in recent enough memory who were proven to be ball tamperers and accepting bribes vs a team with Virat Kohli in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Terrible performance from Ireland today, the complete opposite of Friday. Not much more to be said.

India-Pakistan was a great game and although I've not a fan of Kohli whatsoever, he was brilliant and I've no idea how they managed to win that. Not defending 13 from 3 balls was also dreadfully poor from Nawaz.

One thing I can't understand was how India were able to run when Nawaz bowled Kohli off the free hit. Surely by being bowled that should have made the ball dead. Nonsense rule that should be changed immediately.

Outside of Stirling, Tector and Dockrell…Dockrell just about included, we didn’t perform with the bat…scorecard littered with single digit scores.

then took just the one wicket. No disgrace to lose to Sri Lanka but the manner of it.

Difficult start for Sri Lanka vs Australia. Sri Lanka not coping with the pace, mid 90’s….

Sri Lanka batsmen really struggling to get bat to ball, lots of fresh air shots, dot balls and when they hit it just singles..boundaries have dried up and it’s 25/1 after 5. They really need to risk loosing a few wickets and try find the boundaries.

One annoying thing at this Perth ground is how noticeably slow the outfield is. Grass looking long and thick and shots that would get a batsman two are only getting singles and some decent blows getting nowhere close to the boundaries, weird to see.

Post edited by Strumms on

Decent powerplay of 59/1 for Ireland batting first v england.

Tucker with a real fluke wicket earlier swung some of the momentum. Then more with wickets grouped together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Early wicket from second ball. England currently 8/1 after 2 overs chasing 158.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

And another. 14/2 with 3 overs played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

Do I dare to hope? Great start regardless of outcome

• Advertisement

67/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

those drops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Gawd almighty but this is tense!

The amount of wides is going to be the killer. Between them, 10 in 14 overs plus the extra runs from the extra ball and it has added about 25 to the England card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I think that 12 of 3 balls will do it. it could still be close but id have England favourites now.

Rain!!

England five behind on D/L.

Come ye cats and dogs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

lets hope the rain holds up for once. but would rather see an on the field win

10 mins to restart or ireland win

Need about ten minutes of rain

game over, ireland win on duckworth lewis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

God bless the rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

haha hon the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭triddles

Course you would. Everyone would. But I've watched it all and Ireland thoroughly would deserve this win. England knew about the rain all game.

Well deserved win. That Moeen hit 12 just before the rain put a gloss on the game that it was close. Ireland batted well for the first half and bowled well for the most part and outplayed England. it helped that there was a bit of swing for the quicks that stifled the chase sufficiently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I dont like cricket....oh no....I LOVE IT!!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

I'd say there's a few on here that are sickened, the misery lovers after Zimbabwe.hon the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

This morning’s album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Thats brilliant from Ireland, delighted for them - such a tense sport.

Why would anyone be sickened? I'm absolutely delighted with today. It's been a very good world cup overall.

The fact is they were terrible against Zim. Are people not allowed comment on bad performances?

They've bounced back brilliantly, on all known T20 form, better than could ever be expected.

It's very easy to sing when you're winning and act like you know it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Not the way you want to win I guess but a win is a win :) And over the old enemy too, sweet.

Would have fancied England to get that if the rain hadn't come in, our bowling can be very flaky when the pressure comes on and easily go for 15-20 an over.

This 20 over game really is a bit of a lottery, any half decent team can beat a good one on the day

• Advertisement

Malan’s awfully stodgy innings really playing a part there. Should have hit out earlier, thankfully for us he stuck around. Our captaincy beat them today too; credit where credit is due. Excellent powerplay, Little can be unplayable on his day.

Hand cleaning up Stokes the memorable moment for me.

Excellent victory, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

you know you’ve played well when you see the English mainstream media are totally spitting the dummy..

this headline from the BBC….

“T20 World Cup: England stunned by Ireland as rain results in five-run defeat”

😅😅😅 “rain results in five run defeat”

yes, because 52 runs in 5.3 overs with 5 wickets down was just a gimme, wasn’t it….there is a reason I guess people favour multiple news sources like sky ahead of the BBC… beyond salty the eejits but victory is tasting very sweet here… great job lads ! 😎😎😎

Oh the comments about the DLS below the BBC article make it even sweeter...

Flip side, it's not like england didn't know the rain was coming and it making Ali be more agressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

To be honest I'd have fancied England to get over the line there had it gone the distance, not that I'm complaining it didn't.

I more than read them, I made some. And I'd stand by what I said after that game.

It's a brilliant win today, and they're showing they might be a better team than I gave them credit for. The frustrating thing has been the talent is there but to me the mental side has let them down. Maybe now they are fixing that. Hopefully they are.

But the fact is that performance against Zimbabwe was very poor. The last 5 years of T20s have been very poor. Why can that not be said? You should be able to criticize your team as well as praise them.

Ha, just read a savage take down on the rain complainers.

England blaming the rain would be like Australia blaming the heat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I was thinking it was the Australian summer and the organisers were unlucky with the weather.

But as someone pointed out in The Guardian, its two months to the longest day. So pretty much the equivalent of scheduling WC games in April in Yorkshire.

Ah yeah the one who said we were the worst team in the world cup after 1 game and that campher wasn't good enough for T20. There's a difference between fair and unfair criticism. I'm glad you enjoyed the win.

• Advertisement

It wasn't based on one game. Maybe you only watch world cups.

Advertisement