Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,204 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Con re hire Maxine back? Have they a romantic past

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Disappointed that those post-it notes weren't plastered over the window of McCoy's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Ahhhh pink post it notes or were they purple. A murder board on fair city looks like it was for a vicars and tarts party planner board.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

Think we need a reveal this week. Dragging out now.

• Advertisement

'Keyan' killed by a key.

Joan always reminds me of the US flag in that ensemble. Or Borat at a rodeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Yes, please 🥰 ....an impromptu striptease in McCoys 💃

I find DI McCabe (Fiona Brown) fairly hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 apollo95

Fairly is an underestimation, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

I still think Dermot did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Mark Halpin must have had his baby by now…

and Laura Halpin must have reached Everest Base camp 100 times over- she’s been gone that long…

So Mistaken identity.... loan shark thought Cian was James?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It might have being Zoe that killed Cian!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,204 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Carol cracked James phone and spotted the keyring in a photo with Zoe, maybe she should join the force

Tech entrepreneur saves all passwords on phone....

Dermish definitely has questions to answer in Cian's demise. Wasn't Zoe one of James's customers?

Ha ha ha - Juliette. Baby demographics. Suppose it worked for Vogue Williams to see washing powder....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

I know its a soap and that but if FC are trying to highlight the issue of gambling (or any) addiction they could at least attempt to do it in a semi-realistic way. 

The minute Anto accepted that he had a problem with gambling he was able to secure a place in a treatment unit; there is a huge waiting list even for private centres in reality. Also prospective clients need to do a considerable amount of outpatient 'work/therapy' before being accepted into a residential facility (to ensure they are serious about kicking the habit).

Hayley seems to be able to drop in and see him anytime, for one of these facilities visiting would be strictly on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon for an hour or so. 

There is no way any clients would have access to any form of a mobile device, seriously Anto watching Sharon on her night out... Does he have access to Paddy Power on his phone too?. And Hayley dropping him in headphones..

He seems to be getting randomly discharged, According to Erika its probably cause Sharon 'misses him'.

And Erika organising a 'proper knees up', problem gamblers if they are taking recovery seriously need to give up alcohol altogether - temptation is too strong.

A college friend went through the process and FC just haven't a bogs...

I know its a crappy Soap - have to remind myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

I agree - To also add to this we seen Antos gambling addiction story moved way to quick. He went from being a guy that never gambled to residential addiction treatment within a few months which isnt reality. Sharon found out way too quick. We should have seen Sharon and Anto suffer real financial problems - I know we seen Sharon have no money but she bounced back quickly and doesnt seem to have any financial problems now. This could have been made a good story but it ended too soon. The acting in the storyline was actually good though.

Im guessing Anto will come back completely cured and no mention of his gambling problem ever again in true fair city style.

Fair City story lines .... faster faster faster... the Anto gambling story could have gone on till Christmas with a grim prospect of homelessness and the new storyline with Cain! well... wasn't James' dad supposed to be on his deathbed in the hospital? he recovered fierce fast from having his head well conked too and even did a quick one with Carol. everything is always turbo-fast in the fair city. here today, gone tomorrow.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Detective Yates would have solved the murder by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

I had to laugh at the scene last night where the detective discussed the case with Tommy and the project Manager girl ( cant remember her name) in Vinos. Absolutely farcical - you would hope this would never happen in real life.

The project manager girl even walked out of Vinos without buying anything so why did she even go there in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Stripeyman

Yeah but he'd probably have had a full investigation team. There seems to be only a Detective Inspector and a Uniform Guard working on this investigation. The male guards only seem qualified to stand in the corner of the interview room with their hands in their pockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know what Fair City is doing with DI Mccabe. Is she meant to be a super investigator or an idiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It wuda made a good story if Cian brother was his twin, and now he comes into the show played by the same lad from Caninteely, who is a fairly good actor. He could be a real nasty character even worse than Cian, or a real good character. Screenwriters messed up big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Is it just me or does anyone else keep forgetting about the Friday episode?

Advertisement