Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,505 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Or maybe they just returned to fitness before they were expected to? You have to admit, it’d be a pretty rare thing for either of them in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be fair as good as Edwards was he also let alot of the major contract run down at nearly the same time.

If Mane hadn't left and decided to wait and leave on a free and Ward didn't get the Salah deal done over the summer.

They woulld have joined Ox, Naby, Bobby & Milner with contracts ending next summer.

That should not really happen.

Thaigo & Matip's contracts end in 2024 so do we offer new contracts or try and sell next summer.

If Thaigo goes that is 4/5 midfielders that need to be bought next summer and the floowing summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭antimatterx

It was probably intentional given there not 25 anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Everything has a value if under contract. You have to take the risk of signing them up, with the intention of selling at some point after, Firmino should be signed up, then sell in summer of 2024 for 25m. He'll be worth more than we spend on wages on him in summer of 24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Brilliant as always.

I didn't get the last slide tho if anyone can pont that out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

I assume it’s a reference to the Forest supporters being sent to the Spion Kop at Hillsborough and the Liverpool fan to Leppinhs Lane End.

This article has come about specifically after the Forest “fans” last week spent a large part of the game singing always the victim.

The message from the last cartoon was just that, had they been allocated the Leppings Lane end, it could so easily have been 97 Forest supporters that didn’t come home.

A sad, but brilliant depiction of the fateful day and the bullsh1t that Liverpool supporters have faced since!

I remember watching Hillborough unfold live on TV as a 13 year old at a birthday party. I don’t know anyone that died that day, but it has been a day I still have never forgotten witnessing!

I hate those chants, the same as I hate the Munich chants, just unnecessary sh1t stirring from cünts who have, and I hope never will, witness or experience the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Not that I think it will happen anyway, but spending €150 million on Bellingham would be crazy. To be honest I haven't seen a lot of him, but he wasn't much good last night against an under par Man City. Perhaps he just shines in a weaker league. You could buy 3 good players for €150 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I think one of the issues now with the Hillsborough chants is that it has become something that has been passed down to the next set of supporters who were too young or not even born to appreciate the tragedy.

They think they're just sticking it to an opposition team.

I don't think I ever remember City fans singing any chants to us or reported to be singing before they became rivals.

I mean the graffiti that was written on the walls would not have come from anybody 35 or over.

Like any change in society it has to come from within. United, City, Chelsea, Forest or whichever club fans sing these chants, other of their own fans need to highlight the people singing to the security who should be intervening and stopping. I know it's easy to say if 50 to 100 or more start singing but it always starts with a handful.

This equally applies to Liverpool fans who sing anything about Munich, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

After all the good work and good reputation Edwards has gotten himself with this new Liverpool era he would be shooting himself in the foot to be associated with United now.

Besides, as others have said, Chelsea pursued him in the summer and he turned them down and it was also reported that Madrid wanted him.

I'm sure he has a lot of better offers on the table than United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I was in the Anfield road end many years ago versus City and the atmosphere was fantastic (I was right next to the away support). Nothing vile, all good natured and plenty of shared tunes about Man Utd. Couldn't imagine being in the same seat against City now, and certainly wouldn't be bringing the kids.

Stephen Ireland and Gerrard scored that day in a 1-1. I had some amount of whiskey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

As bad as things are this season, I can't imagine how bad it would be without Ali between the sticks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

God, that's a well done slide so

Thanks for that

All those retractions from those who called Hendo a racist without any proof should be in any minute now surely....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Amazing that Henderson gets the ire in a game featuring Thomas Partey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fa statement is odd , they say they are satisfied the allegation was made in good faith, but there is no case to answer ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I think it's just to say that the allegation wasn't made maliciously.

Whether or not he heard something Gabriel is being given the benefit of the doubt that he at least *believed* he heard something and that he's not just making up an accusation to get Henderson in trouble.

As much as it might bring some unfair scrutiny on Hendo I think it's a fair precedent to set, I'd rather this than having players afraid to call out bigotry for fear of being punished for "making it up" if it can't be proven.

Ye i guess that what the FA have to do in this case ,

That couldn't be easy for Henderson and his family for the last few weeks having that over his head while ejits on socail media were proclaiming he was a racist becuase a few of the Brazilian players were photoed chatting together at the end of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've a feeling that we are gonna see a rough enough looking line up tonight, especially in midfield & attack.

Hendo is gonna start in midfield after being rested the last day. Thiago is probably still out. Ox can't play, Keita isn't fit. Fabinho doesn't really deserve to play and actually should be taken out of the team for a week or two if possible. Milner might start in midfield this game and get passed around for 60 mins. I wouldn't be surprised to see an all English midfield of Hendo, Milner & Elliott. I'd like to see Bacjetic given minutes if possible and all.

Salah is still the only natural wide forward that can start. And even then, there is questions about his fitness after taking that knock on Saturday. Salah is tough though and usually plays through then. I don't think Bobby can start again. He's not able, it's showing in his legs. He has already had to start 4 games in 10 days. Raising that to 5 starts in 14 days is a bridge too far IMO. I'm sure Nunez will be back, thankfully. He's a key player already now so hopefully he is fit to start. If not, there are bigger problems. By virtue of default, we might have to see Jones or Carvalho again in an unfamiliar LW role.

Not much scope for rotation etc or element of surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Rotation for the weekend is important, but this evening is if anything a more important game. Crucial to get something out of it and mir be relying in doing something against Napoli next time out, when the bodies are going to be if anything more banged up and tired given the schedule.

We have some time to catch up in the league, but lose again in this competition and we're toast.

Winning tonight is very important so I think Klopp will go as close to full strength as he can.

I’ll be happy out with a dull 0-0 tonight with an emphasis on not conceding. We all know how unlikely that is given Klopp’s approach to the game, but I’d just like to see us go out and be the game spoilers for once and take what we need from Ajax.

Obviously it’d be nice to win too, and it’d give us some chance of topping the group but I can’t see any possibility of beating Napoli by three (or more realistically four) goals even at Anfield.

Take the point and by happy with 2nd place this year. We could still end up drawing the likes of Club Brugge, Benfica or Marseille even as runners up, but I’m not fussed if it’s PSG or Real either, we can beat anyone over two legs if we get our act together after the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We only need a draw to qualify.

Qualification for the knockout stage is very important now given our form.

I rather go for the win than set up for a draw.

This team has never done that under Klopp if they tried now I expect them to lose.

• Advertisement

I'm fairly sure a 3-2 loss also sees us through, or a 4-3 loss etc.

It'll be one of those,

People think we are pants after the weekend so Ajax will come out open to play football & be quickly reminded we infact still have some brilliant footballers .

I reckon 0-3 to us ,

Nunez showing how important he has been.

Crazy that some fans were writing him off after a couple of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Its not to set up for a draw but that we only need a draw to qualify so a draw is not a bad result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ajax need to win by 2 clear goals or 1 goal and then destroy Rangers and hope Napoli put a few past Liverpool to swing the GD for them to go through if Liverpool lose their next two games.

• Advertisement

So if Ajax beat us by two very unclear and dubious goals, where does that leave things?

Sorry, I always wondered what exactly was meant by the saying “clear goals”. 😂

Poor Bobby is gonna break. 5th start in 2 weeks.

I reckon Salah & Nunez score,

All depends on how many we let in

It's a worry and just show's how desperate things are at the moment, big gamble IMO...

Especially when he might be asked to play at the weekend again. Although with Nunez back now, that gives another option down the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

BT Sport reckons we'll still go through if we lose by less than one goal.

Looks like 4 3 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

What a horrendous miss. Blessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Ripped apart after 2 mins. Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

Looks like it could be a long, ehm, 10 months.

Is this a diamond midfield with Bobby at the tip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

On the bright side, if they are looking for goals we might be able to hit them on the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lots of diving so far from Ajax at least the ref is up to it so far

Midfield is in tatters again tonight

The space around Fabhino is just mental

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Matter of time before we concede. So casual. Miles off it.

Dreadful again.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Summitatem

Oh so witty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Fabinho wearing his new concrete shoes again.

• Advertisement

When they attack Fabhino is playing CM on his own its an awful shape we have

Elliot is RW

Advertisement