Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Hi all,

I haven't followed this thread in quite a while, but hopefully you won't hold that against me. I've been really frustrated lately by the lack of updates and information coming from Volkswagen about my ID3,so I've decided that it's got to go and I'm going to join the Tesla owners club as soon as I can.

I've just a couple of questions that I would like answered..

Where are Irish cars made now. M3 and MY Germany? China? USA?

Is there a CCS port on the car, or does it use an adaptor ?

What's the actual size of the battery in the SR+ model ?

I don't really need the space of the Y, but I was thinking if it's made in Germany, it might be put together a bit better... Is Giga Berlin even open yet ? !!

What's the realistic lead time nowadays ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

In the order raised

Majority of Irish cars are made in Teslas Shanghai Plant, where production capacity has been increased to a staggering 22K vehicles per week, shortening delivery dates. Germany Tesla plant is in rampup and concentrated on Model Y, so far LHD, but that could change anytime soon, but for Model 3 all will come from Shanghai for foreseeable.

Yes there is a CCS port

The SR+ is no longer the name it is now RWD, and battery size for Model 3 RWD, although not officially stated is approx 60KW. Its also a LFP battery, which allows (and recommends) that it can be charged to 100%, unlike the previous battery

Model Y pricing has been reduced about a week ago so for RWD it is identical to Model 3, also qualifies for SEAI grant.

Lead time is indicated as Q1 2023..indicative dates on Tesla site are now more reliable but still a moving target as logistics of shipping from China is proving a capacity constraint. For some (myself) a car ordered in June '22 was delivered in Sept 'ww For what its worth the quality coming from China has been recognised as being excellent, so the presumption of better from Germany (in ramp up stage) should be considered.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Where are Irish cars made now. M3 and MY Germany? China? USA?

China

Is there a CCS port on the car, or does it use an adaptor ?

Model 3 & Model Y are CCS as standard - no adaptor required

What's the actual size of the battery in the SR+ model ?

60kWh but usable is anything from 52-57kWh

Is Giga Berlin even open yet ? !!

Yes, but currently only producing LHD Model Y

What's the realistic lead time nowadays ?

If in inventory - 2-4 weeks, if not in inventory - 2-4 months

Thanks for that guys.

Is enhanced Auto Pilot a "Must Have" or is it a gimic. Is it better to add it on after delivery to avoid going above possible grant ceilings?

Is the Y a better car or just a pumped up M3.

Gimmick - - Don't buy EAP or FSD until after you collect the car if you really want either of them... they are only a software unlock to activate them.

Every Tesla comes with AutoPilot as standard - this is adaptive cruise control and AutoSteer, and in Ireland it's all you'll ever need.

If you order EAP/FSD when you order the car you will pay VRT on them and also push the car outside of SEAI grant territory...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

EAP is a nice have but I don’t think I’d pay €3700 for it. I have it, I like it.

If you want it, add it after collection and you avoid VRT and keep the grant.

MY - Pumped up M3. Maybe the M3 is a deflated MY 🤷‍♂️

Buy what suits you. The 3 will handle better and is a bit faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I came from an ID.3 to a Model 3, mainly because at the time (Early this year) the price to change became a reality. Tesla was about €49.9K and second hand prices for the ID.3 were very high.

Loved my ID, never any real problems except for a few minor software issues when new.

Would I have got a Model Y had it been the same price at the time I changed? Possibly, but I do not really need the space (We have an Ioniq 5 as well). But residual value may well be better on the Y. Power and efficiency will be a little better on the Model 3. Looks are subjective but I think I prefer the 3. I am finding my Model 3 great on range, in reality in milder weather similar enough to the ID.3, but at motorway speeds and in cold weather definitely better. (Standard heat pump). Tech on the Tesla is on a different level to VW.

That's brilliant lads. I suspected the grant would be affected.

Now to persuade her indoors that she'll get to drive it sometimes... 😉😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

If she is anything my my better half, it will go from "I dont think I will drive it", to where is my car, ah its gone again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

YESSS!!!!! Thought I was going fu%king mad. So for one day it kept going off, seems to have stopped now tho so fingers crossed. There was an update recently, so could be related.

• Advertisement

It’s usually a fly inside the car setting it off!!!

we had it about a week ago a few times over the course of a day and low and behold I caught the little fecker and problem solved!

Didn't even know there was an alarm in my car until I read here of it going off..😊

If it does go off, can it be turned off from the app?

It’s actually a bit weird as the only way I’ve been able to stop the alarm is by unlocking the car via the app….. so it doesn’t exactly feel secure having to do this remotely when the fecking alarm is going off!!!

Just read up on the alarm, I see you can turn off the intrusion/tilt, but doesn't mention anything about interior sensors. On other cars I normally disable this so as not to have false alarms due to spiders etc.

Edit, I see the tilt/intrusion setting does include the interior sensors. I should rtfm..😉

Never even copped that myself!!!

I always just figured tilt was worth having on in case someone ever tried to lift/tow the car…

I did turn off all alarms/sentry when going on ferries a few months back, but some unlucky sod with a Model X (which was on an outside deck parked just behind/below the on deck passenger area) didn’t turn off his alarms and any time we went on deck the alarm was going off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

The smallest of the small fly can trigger the interior alarm if it flies near the interior sensor(s) near the pano roof which they do due to the glass. Happened to us and my brother's TM3 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

Just a quick update on the rwd September m3 buffer.

I recently upgraded the software and buffer remained the same. So good news.

On a drive earlier today just as the battery hit 75% the used energy hit 14kWh at the same time almost. So usable battery seems to be pretty much exactly 56kWh. That's a nice fair amount and happy with that.

Just a pity it was there by default and tesla we no use regarding how to address it.

Buffergate closed......... haha

Do you think it was the running to 0 and then fully charging it that sorted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭joe1303l

@eagerv What kWh model ID.3 are you comparing against the Model 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

or some usage pattern? Could be there for a while until they are happy it works within the desired specs and protect the driver from some fails?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

It was definitely the running near zero and putting it in a deep sleep for a few hours with no connection to the app. Definitely that. Went to sleep with 0 and woke up with 6%

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Going to try this now as the car is down to zero %. Not over night though so will be letting it sleep for 5 hours before checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Started a thread about this here:

I'd be careful discharging these batteries to zero & letting them sit. Check the warranty wording!

Might be worth taking these findings/results to the buffer thread.

Went out to Sandyford this morning for the MY and M3 test drive, ....Have to say, we were both blown away by the MY. The last time I drove a Tesla was about 3 years ago, and the Missus had a brief spin around a housing estate. Now that she has an EV on her own ( Kona Electric), she wanted a proper go. The space inside is unreal and the only real question now is, White or Blue...Waiting to see what kind of trade-in figure they will come back with, but I'm not expecting miracles and will probably sell the ID3 privately after Christmas. Order going in then.

Thanks to the guys who answered my questions yesterday... Really looking forward to delivery now. Sometime in March, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Price the ID3 right and it'll be sold in less than an hour, I know because I've done it already.

If you order now, it will be delivered for Feb/Mar.

Gives you time to decide and sell your ID in the new year.

Only thing I will say is that today, you drove the Long Range Dual Motor. Was it the 21 or 22 model? As the 22 model has the newer refreshed suspension.

And if you order the RWD, it will be a different car, with single motor only. So just bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

That's good news. Im still on 28.2 software. No sign of a software update for me. I still have the older energy app so not sure what my battery buffer is but still feels like it's on the bigger side still. Did yours improve with the software update or just calibration with further use? I contacted Tesla as you suggested but they did remote diagnostic and said everything was grand. They wouldn't tell me what the buffer is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Had my M3 a month now and hate the whole interface, anyone else feel the same, or am I alone? The whole thing feels unfinished, and the app I use the most, Spotify is just Sh1t when you’re use to CarPlay/AA. Not to mention the voice recognition is like going back to nokia days, don’t even bother talking to it🤣

Also can’t get the aircon right, either freezing or roasting, no in between. We’ve a leaf in the household too and I’ve never had to adjust the climate control on it, it just works, it doesn’t blast you with hot or cold, it just gently gets it to the temperature without fuss.

I’m at the point now where I’m wondering how much I’ll loose if I just bite the bullet and sell it now.

Post edited by CathalDublin on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I picked up mine in September. Still getting used to the interface, but it's the best I've seen. A few hard buttons would be nice however. On the climate control, I don't touch it often, certainly less often than when I'm in my Leaf. You might lose nothing selling now which is what you should do if you dislike it.

Stay Free

Advertisement