Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

The ownership of the SG has always been unclear to me, think its owned by the some club/society I've never heard of in any other context. If we're going to spend X amount of public money on it then the public may as well own it.

If we were looking to rehouse the greyhounds I'd suggest the 19th century as that's where their treatment of animals belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

From CR

The redevelopment plan has been made possible following an arrangement reached between the Irish Greyhound Board and the freehold owners of the Sportsground, the Galway Agricultural and Sports Society, with respect to a shared vision for the future of the Sportsground.

I can't see your agenda getting a look in here.

Anyone know anything about the Galway Agricultural and Sports Society?

My understanding is the doggy people are the primary tenants so moving them was never an option.....but we can hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Just man the goddam rucks Connacht. Everything else is good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

I’d expect a bit of rotation this week. Would think something like:

Dooley DTM Auinger

Thornbury Dowling

Murphy Butler SHL

Blade Carty

Hawkshaw Farrell

Porch Fitz Ralston

stewart Buckley Illo Murray Boyle Marmion forde Byrne ?

• Advertisement

Am I right in saying porch has played every minute so far this season? You'd imagine he's due a rest even though we've a decent rest after this game.

Would love to see Byrne and Wooton on the pitch if they're both fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Was there any news on Dooley's hamstring? We might be more likely to see Duggan or Burke with Buckley at LH.

In the absence of our internationals, I wouldn't give Oliver the week off, he'll have a break through the window and we need him.

Back three is very unsettled, might see TOH again, and not sure where things stand with Kilgallen's injury but he'll figure at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Connacht kit supplier, JACC sports have been put into liquidation

‐------------------------

The High Court has appointed a provisional liquidator to a firm which supplies kit from the national football teams and others over debts of €13.3m.

JACC Sports Distributors Ireland supplies jerseys and sportswear for the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) which is worn by the national teams and is the firm's most valuable contract.

It also has a number of other club supply deals, including with Connacht Rugby, smaller League of Ireland clubs as well as a valuable contract with the FAI's exclusive retail partner, Elverys. The FAI last Monday terminated its contract which the court heard effectively meant JACC had to close.

-------------------------

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Dragons share Rodney Parade with Newport County as well. Probably fair to say that if the City Council can afford to blow almost €60m on moving 2km out the road, they could have afforded some sort of municipal sports facility for Connacht and GUFC but it's gone too late now.

So our kit supplier and manufacturer are different?

Let's hope we're not any of that 13.3 million 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Blk make or design the jerseys the other crowd get them to the shops and into the Sportsground

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Team named Cap 100 for Butler and two potential debutants on the bench

CONNACHT RUGBY MATCHDAY SQUAD VS OSPREYS  

Saturday 29th October 2022, 19:35 @ Swansea.com Stadium 

Number/Name/Caps 

15. Tiernan O’Halloran (208)

14. Alex Wootton (36)

13. Tom Farrell (82)

12. David Hawkshaw (6)

11. John Porch (65)

10. Jack Carty (183) (C)

9. Caolin Blade (153)

1. Denis Buckley (214)

2. Dylan Tierney-Martin (9)

3. Jack Aungier (37)

4. Oisín Dowling (30)

5. Gavin Thornbury (67)

6. Shamus Hurley-Langton (5)

7. Conor Oliver (46)

8. Jarrad Butler (99)

16.Grant Stewart (3)

17. Jordan Duggan (29)

18.Sam Illo (3)

19. Darragh Murray *

20. Paul Boyle (78)

21. Kieran Marmion (214)

22. Tom Daly (65)

23. Adam Byrne *

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Great to see Adam Byrne on the team sheet, looking forward to see how he does.

And congratulations to Darragh Murray on his debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I've been waiting for the younger Murray. He's a big lad and if he's as good as Niall....

Illo on the bench. Good to see. I think he will develop into a decent player. Butler getting #100. Congrats to him.

Connacht by 10!

Connacht have been luckier than the other provinces when it comes to injuries. Touch wood it remains that way

Like the look of the back row but think leaving Murphy out if he’s fit will be a regret.

Just hoping to see Connacht resourcing the rucks better tomorrow. Everything else looks decent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

As for the references to the vitriol directed at Frank Murphy from the Connacht fans, I agree it is unacceptable. Personally I'm more inclined to try and focus on getting the linesman to see a forward pass without calling him a blind bo**ix.

That said I would be interested in knowing how many games Connacht has lost under Franks supervision.

I personally believe that Frank has it in for Connacht. I believe he offers penalties to Connacht once he is in the knowledge that Connacht are losing the game.

I really don't understand why this might be the case. Or maybe I am totally wrong. It just seems to me that Frank finished up his career with Connacht on a negative and it's not something he is willing to forgive anytime soon. Is that the issue with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Season defining game. 3 wins 4 losses be right in the mix, 2 wins 5 losses, season almost certainly over from a league perspective.

Have struggled in these games in recent seasons, Edinburgh seconds putting 50 on Connacht twice, need to deliver tonight.

• Advertisement

DTM outplaying Heff by miles. So the ability is there for a win tonight

I think Frank doesn't want to be seen to favour connacht. Should also say our discipline is poor and frank is a very finicky ref so we probably see the worst of him.

That said he's currently reffing munster......which just seems like a terrible idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Maybe Frank is on boards.ie and reads what Connacht "fans" say about a former player and a pretty decent ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

If that's the case he's clearly unaffected by it as he is, as you say, a 'pretty decent' ref.

Tbf a lot of teams have an issue with Frank as he's so particular. A lot of the time he may be technically correct but it can really make the game very stop start and less of a spectacle.

Saw the rest of your post btw.....probably not far wrong 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

At the start of the season yes but Heffernan’s last three games have been excellent, his best form since two seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭testtech05

Was just gonna post similar about Heff he has been very good over the last few games after being out of form for a while.

On Frank there is plenty of stick coming at him from the stands in Thomand tonight too

Personally have not been the biggest fan of heff, but he has been brilliant last few weeks. Healthy competition from DTM is more than welcome though

Just to go back to this and I agree with everyone who gave out about the "fans" booing frank off the pitch in our game but be interesting to see if there is the same pile on now after he got the same treatment in Thomand at the end there.

Getting a bit too common in general tbh...

I know it's been discussed before but the league really need to look at trying to have a neutral ref for the derby games across the board. The refs are put in a very hard position. Any mistake or decision gets twisted into some perceived bias which will only get worse.

• Advertisement

Shane Delahunt seems to be working his way back too so should make for some proper competition for the 2 jersey

Advertisement