Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairy lights replacement bulbs

Options
  • 27-10-2022 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Trying to find a hardware or other shop in Dublin that sells these. Found some places online but they're for a set of Halloween lights and the bulbs won't be delivered until late next week. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,599 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You'll struggle to find replacement incandescent bulbs like that thee days.... everything is gone LED the last few years....

The likes of Homestore & More are already selling the fairy lights, so you'd be as well just picking up a set of LED ones that will last forever and cost a fraction to run...

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Thanks. We have lots of LED sets - but we have one Halloween Pumpkin set that my wife is obsessed with that I need old school bulbs for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭zg3409

Where in country? Try pound shops, hardware diy stores and anywhere with Halloween decorations. Note sometimes the holders can vary between sets and possibly lamp voltage.

They are quite dangerous to play with as the holder at one end is live 230 volts so don't play with it while turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,599 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'd say your best bet might be some old skool hardware shops if you have any around you.

The only other place you could possibly find these bulbs would be in a cheap plastic Christmas type light like a light up santa claus or bells or something in a frame, with a string of these bulbs going around inside them.... and you could buy the set just to get the bulbs out off it.. Something like this;

Theres a great Christmas shop at EEC hardware in Balbriggan, not sure if open now, but I'd imagine it would be...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think that mains voltage lights of this type are best avoided for safety reasons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement