Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayonetta 3 (Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Switch)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,353 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

HIDEKI KAMIYA IS THINKING ABOUT BAYONETTA 4

https://nintendosoup.com/hideki-kamiya-thinking-bayonetta-4/

That's about it, he says he has ideas for 4 but he doesn't give anything away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

fixxxer wrote: »
    Digital download unlocked. Never played these before, started playing this on the way in to work. While I'm note sure about the art style, the combat is fantastic. It's so fluid moving from dodge to spin to attack, to guns. Looks like it will be lots of fun :)

If you started the first one, do yourself a favour and play Level 1 of Bayonetta 2, then go back. The opening level gives you a wonderful sampler that sets the tone for B2 and will get you through some of the tougher, more frustrating moments of B1 that are thankfully absent from the sequel. It's just ridiculous bombastic setpiece after ridiculous bombastic setpiece, and you're left with a sprained jaw and mangled hands trying to fathom how they can possibly top that. And they do, again and again. Also, it's fun to watch the B2 intro scene and think the reason you don't understand it is that you haven't played B1. Then play all the way through B1 and watch it again and realise the reason it made no sense is that it's juvenile nonsense and you should stop trying to make sense of it. It's like Keyser Soze's limp. The whole world warps into a new focus and is never the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The Nintendo themed costumes are, eh, interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Arrived in ParcelMotel so I should have this in the morning. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Bayonetta is 51.99 in Argos, but sadly there are no copies available at my local store in Blanchardstown, so got it for 54.99 in Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Remember people, playing Bayonetta or its sequel is a two handed, pants on scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

On Wii U maybe. Switch is another story (portable mode only!)
    H....
    D.....
    rrrrrRRRRRRRRRUMBLLLLLLLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Banjo wrote: »
    On Wii U maybe. Switch is another story (portable mode only!)
    H....
    D.....
    rrrrrRRRRRRRRRUMBLLLLLLLE!

Makes you wonder how they could link it up with a Labo set.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

"Hmm Banjo, your Joycon appears to be pulsing more than usual"
    "Thanks, I made a lot of special modifications myself"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Not sure if its ok to put add here but I ended up with an extra copy of the Bayonetta Special Edition box set by mistake. Will sell at €90 including postage. If anyone is interested. PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,085 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Not sure if its ok to put add here but I ended up with an extra copy of the Bayonetta Special Edition box set by mistake. Will sell at €90 including postage. If anyone is interested. PM.

I'd love to pull the trigger on this but it's a poor month this month :pac:

Both the SKU's of Bayonetta 2 have had a poor debut in Japan.

13. [NSW] Bayonetta Non-Stop Climax Edition – 11,694 / NEW
    14. [NSW] Bayonetta 2 – 9,532 / NEW

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20180221071/

I suppose you can say it's ~21,000 combined. That's still not great. According to 4Gamer, the Wii U exclusive sold 38,828 units in its first week on sale in Japan, nearly double that of on Switch.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20140924088/

• Collected my special edition today :)

I will post up some pics when I get a chance

55 Sterling too delivered to my Parcel Motel. Not bad
    Games Grainger

PlatinumGames: Bayonetta 3 not cancelled, take any concerns you have and throw them out the window
    Kamiya said:

“I’m on Twitter so I see a lot of comments every day. I’m happy that there’s still anticipation for the title, but one thing I would like to address is the trend I’m seeing which is people who are starting to ask if the game has been cancelled. I want you guys to take any concerns you have like that and throw them out the window immediately because we’re still hard at work on it and it hasn’t been cancelled by any means. Please look forward to it!”

https://nintendoeverything.com/platinumgames-bayonetta-3-not-cancelled-take-any-concerns-you-have-and-throw-them-out-the-window/

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/interview-platinumgames-on-next-gen-and-its-next-steps/

If nothing else, it at least hasn't been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Excellent!

Bayonetta returns to slay in style

Get ready for a diabolically good time when the Umbra Witch returns to Nintendo Switch on October 28th! Join Bayonetta as she takes on a mysterious new evil in an all-new, over-the-top climax game.

Unleash your demonic powers

Bayonetta taps into new powers with Demon Slave, allowing her to summon demons and manipulate them as she pleases for some hair-raising action.

A fresh-faced witch joins the coven

Meet Viola – a new playable character in Bayonetta 3! This feisty witch wields a sword and is joined in battle by her capricious feline companion Cheshire. 

Post edited by Grassey on

Hellena Taylor explains why she isn’t back for Bayonetta 3

Hellena Taylor is the original Bayonetta voice actor. She is not returning for Bayonetta 3(Jennifer Hale is her replacement), this is her reasoning as to why that is. This is not a good news story for Platinum Games and in turn Nintendo. She's urging people to boycott purchasing Bayonetta 3, but instead to donate the money to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Yah... That won't be happening...

100hours work... $40 an hour... What's her issue?

Actually she did all the voice work for the second one over 3 X 4 hour sessions in 12 hours as she detailed herself in an interview before so that's over $300 an hour which is a decent rate

Voiceover work like this for jobbing voice actors is just nowhere near as lucrative as the movie star name recognition stuff for Pixar etc and never has been

Obviously there is a connection for some with her voice to the game and she's gone out to try to damage the product here but remains to be seen what the effect will be

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

So Taylor has admitted she was offered 10 grand not 4, all credibility gone.

The ones who've come out of this sad little episode the worst are Taylor herself and all the knee jerk social media flowers who rushed to judge and called for a boycott (lol)

Her burning of bridges has probably cost her work going forward too, so quite sad really.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

She hasn't done any voice work of note since 2014 - didn't have a career in that arena really.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Hellena-Taylor/

massive social media "white knights" fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can't remember if I ordered from Smyths for delivery before. Does it arrive on the release date?

The review embargo is up for Bayonetta 3. It's Metacritic score is 89% so far from 57 reviews.

Edit: It would help if I posted the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If anyone was looking to get a physical copy of Bayonetta 1 to go with the Trinity Edition Nintendo dropped it earlier today on their terrible store and promptly sold out in 5 seconds. It's still available from Amazon Japan for about €33 shipped and is in English as there was no Japanese VO for Bayonetta until the Bloody Fate anime movie.

To answer my question, seems Smyths can get it delivered a day early. Though I'm not at home so had to reschedule to tomorrow.

Yup. My Trinity Masquerade edition is due for delivery at lunch time.

Yep. Mine was due between 11 and 12. If they said a time after that I could've worked from home in the afternoon and waited.

Wouldn't be playing tonight anyway. Though since it's me there's a good chance I might only play it after a Bayo 4 announcement reminds me to play it.

Just opened mine there. Unfortunately there is a small tear in the alt Bayo 3 inlay.

There is also an empty switch box in the set for the Bayo 1 inlay if you weren't able to get the cart version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finally got a decent run at this last night and I’m loving it. Like the Climax mechanics from Bayonetta 2, the new full demon summoning stuff feels so beautifully integrated into the usual flow of combat that I had to double check to make sure it wasn’t there before 😅 (haven’t replayed Bayo 2 since release). The scale is really impressive - from the spectacular insanity of the prologue through to the multi-environment epic that is chapter one. The combat system is still the most satisfying in any third person brawler / beat em up / action game IMO.

The image definitely is much softer than would be idea, in both handheld and docked - you can even see smaller details like the bottles in Gates of Hell looking unstable due to the low resolution. But the art design is great, and so far at least performance has been fine. It’s not perfect by any stretch, but very playable in the course of normal gameplay. The point I’ve noticed it struggling the most is the short transition to the optional side missions where the screen is suddenly filled with particle effects and you can feel the frame rate chugging in the two or three seconds before they evaporate.

Advertisement