Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,786 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Nice people ,

Do you ever just meet a nice person that you take a shine to

Meet a Nigerian Taxi driver the other day & had a great conversation with him about his brother who is a priest his brother thinks he is going to burn in hell because he decided to stop going to church , So he took it upon himself to read ever passage to the bible that says he will be forgiven so he could prove his bother the priest wrong , The car was full of print offs of different sections of the bible ,

He was so different to me in every way you could imagine but just a lovely person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The calm after the storm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My neighbours. We might not speak for weeks, they work long hours, plus children's activities. When you really need them, they are there. Great people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Quietening after meteorological ruckus.... sleep is once again possible - -and quintessentially desirable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

We get weather warnings for a dribble of rain and a little wind .Yesterday in Dublin was unbelievably stormy with thunder and lighting and I didnt hear a peep of a warning at any stage about it ? But it was spectacular to watch and hear the thunder roar and be safe indoors and warm

• Advertisement

Blissfully quiet. The ferries will be running... Expecting parcels so that makes me very happy. Been cut off this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The ultra causal manner in which a no of my girls ask me questions about how to save water or electricity.

All things they enthusiastically rolled their eyes at when I "lectured" them on it on their way up.

I got a WhatsApp from some of the girls in Asia(love they are living in close proximity there) asking if I wanted them to send some electricity as its soo expansive at "home".

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Full cupboards and work for my hands ... Simple pleasures.. Asking no more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

when you find a hair stylist who can cut your hair the way you want it - delighted.. I was actually close to tears (relief/joy)...been looking for someone good to cut my hair for the last 2 yrs... (previous stylist moved to Canada)..

tipped big time and gonna write a glowing review for her on google maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,616 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Hopefully, thanks …. Operation was a success, found not to be cancer more an age related condition / wear and tear that they’ve fixed… I’ll kill him if he doesn’t put his feet up and take it easy and if that ball bag sister of his starts ringing him with tales of broken furniture, appliances on the blink or indeed any other shîte that needy drama lama indulges in which she reckons he’ll be good to fix…. I might just invite her to put a bag over her head and jump in the dodder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I travelled southbound almost to Portlaoise on the M7 today and the roadside trees were so beautiful in their autumn glory. It lifted my spirits to see such beauty, and enjoy a drive.

Traffic was busy on the return so had to focus more on driving.

A peaceful day pleasantly filled with gentle occupations.. ie knitting gifts for those I love.

Saw my Dad and spent a good 70 minutes with him. He looks fantastic, moving well, in good spirits and in a rather comfy private ward with a nice view of the city rooftops and the Dublin mountains…

only slight complaint was just as we got there the physiotherapist arriving who wanted to do an assessment with him that took about twenty minutes. Three of us standing around in a corridor including an 80 year old, no chairs on offer or indeed an offer of a room to go to wait.

you think any treatments or assessments would or could or certainly ‘should’ be done during non visiting times…. But the positive and happy aspect is he’s doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Dentists called to postpone my dental surgery as I can wait till the dentist is well again.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

spent a wonderful few days away with some of thee most amazing friends/people..

People (in general); some wreck my head (I am sure some could probably say the same about me).. but I have some people in my life who I feel are pure gems.. #feelinglove - spending time with them is like a gift

Peace after tumult. Silence after din. Oh and I found my glasses.. The day shows promise already. The day shows promise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

Chinese police station in Capel St closed

proper order too

marital arts expert

I read a while back that it was supposed to be for Chinese people here who wanted to renew their Chinese driving licences.

which sounds like a load of hokey considering it’s available to do online and you don’t need ‘police’ just to renew a document.

apparently there are Chinese ‘police outposts’ as they are being referred to popping up in cities worldwide.

its an administrative thing, why a mixture of the embassy / consulate can’t be doing it instead of the ‘Chinese police’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

More than happy that the water is back to its normal superb pressure. They look after us well. As it coincidded with the bad weather...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TH that a skirt I bought online is even nicer in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,482 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TH that i am off out for a few pints.

A warm bed on a drafty grey day..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

A full Irish breakfast (non rip off price) In a nice cafe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My local still hasn't put up their prices. €10.99 and despite having eaten breakfast at 9.00am, I was full up for nearly 12 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Having a night out with friends 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Where , I might join ye ! 😤 I’m guessing you’re about a 100 miles away 😩

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,210 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

Advertisement