Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

I understand the medical and pct tests …. But during the weeks in college are the fitness exams or pe each week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

Has anyone from batch one heard back from the medical and/or vetting yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GT1234

Not that I know of from batch 1. Anyone that has heard back was because of issues with their form B/medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Spook22

Yes, I got confirmation my medical was signed off by the CMO.

No word on vetting for anybody yet, to my knowledge anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Two fitness tests while in the college and two more in your probation period. PE is one day every week sometimes twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mxrrk

I remember seeing your name on a few of the older threads, are you serving now?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

I’m in batch 7, would it be Possible to estimate a start date if I successfully passed each stage ? I know it’s a very vague question but some lads on here seem well tuned in with how the campaign is flowing.

I’d say around this time next year wouldn’t be awfully inaccurate but it’s fairly hard to guess, all depends on what happens 6 other batches before you

@mx5ire thanks mate, appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 sandybyrne7

For batch 3 we submitted our vetting before the 24th of Oct. If I obtain an eircode for a family member that was missing on the form do I have to rescan the form B again or can I just send the eircode in an email. I can't ring the HR as I'm on Oz and my phone is on airplane mode 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PJandmarymurp2022

Hi

Anyone from batch 3 get their date for the fitness test yet.

Thanks p

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Spook22

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cluedo93

@sandybyrne7 I originally added my signature to the word document. when they ask me to amend it i just edit the document as normal and resend! No need to scan the entire document. You just need to scan the signature page and add it digitally to the word document. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cluedo93

@PJandmarymurp2022

Yep got mine approved yesterday! You have to tell them your availability between Nov 7-11 and they will tell you which days are available! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ditser

@Mxrrk Sorry mate but I think you are way off there. Batch 2 did interviews Aug 30th to Sept 9th. Batch 3 did interviews Sept 27th to Oct 7th. Batch 4 are doing Stage 3 interviews Oct 25th to Nov 4th. I'm sure Batch 5 will be end Nov start of Dec. Maybe (of maybe not) a break then till Jan for Batch 6. Batch 7 can expect Stage 3 interviews in Feb. The next 3 stages (PT, Med, BG check) are moving fast. There are no applicants from 2019 left. Each Templemore intake will be made up of 2022 successful applicants and that's why the last 3 stages are moving quickly.

Intakes are every 3 months, and I’m assuming not everyone from every batch will make it right through (they won’t). Even at that, I’m probably a bit too soon on my guess if anything.

That's about 200 people every 3 months though. Batch 1 and 2 are suppossed to start on the 28th Nov. So even people way up in the 1200s could reasonably expect be starting in roughly a year. And trust me the failure rate at the fitness test is awful so they might run up the OOM even quicker to fill the slots needed

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Holden8993

Hey, just received an email that invitations were sent out for November time. Did anyone receive a formal invitation for the 28th yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 holeshot25

Received this as well and was batch 2. But didn’t get the formal invitation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Columbo9

Hey, I just received the same email. For reference I'm in OOM between 1-10.

Delayed physical and medical due to Covid but all passed by mid October.

I called HRPD this morning, at that point they didn't hear back from the CMO regarding my medical, she said that he sends batches of completed medicals to them - I'm a little annoyed that it hadn't been sent and I passed it a week ago but that's that anyway. She also said that my background checks hadn't been completed, I lived abroad for a few years, that could be holding it up, god knows.. Or maybe its because I did my fitness a little late due to the Covid..

So yeah I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same or similar boat to myself? Or if anyone can help with more info!

Post edited by Columbo9 on

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

By the sounds of it that's just the postponed physical that meant you didn't get November. You're going to be ok for February.

I had a high oom and got an offer today, everything (medical, fitness, station interviews) done in September. I have close relatives in the UK and my vetting can't have taken more than 10 weeks (submitted form in middle of August).

Post edited by blinkinghinds on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jsmith22

I'm in the same boat. Completed everything by the 12th of September. Lived abroad for 1 year so it looks like vetting is the hold up. Very frustrating

Post edited by jsmith22 on

You've been very specific about your info there. Might want to make it a bit more vague to protect your identity and not dox yourself mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Columbo9

Good spot, edited, cheers. Frustration got the better of me.

@Mxrrk what do u think would be a more realistic start date ? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pinktayto

Other half is gutted, was high OOM in batch 1 and got no official invite today. Everything else done a good while and vetting sent off in August with all the requested documents. Hasn’t spent time abroad or anything so that wouldn’t be an issue. Does that mean it’s the end the road if they have not gotten an email already? Totally stumped, as I don’t think there would be any issues in vetting (a family member recently became a Garda), passed the fitness and medical with flying colours. Has this happened anyone else and is there still hope for November intake or even a later one or should they take it as they won’t be called at all now?

He'll still likely get called just not for the November 28th start date. Don't be panicking

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

More offers will go out. Usually two rounds next week or the week after. Have seen people recieve offers with only two days notice. If it's to be it will be. Best of luck and to everyone who received offers today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Gardenfield26

Hi lads, I’m in OOM 2600s have I any hope of been called in the next few months for stage 2 and if I was successful in next stages any possibility of getting a place in templemore in the next 12 months. Haven’t heard anything for months starting to loose hope to be honest if anyone had any info I would appreciate it thanks in advance

Advertisement