Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW14 Captain

• 28-10-2022 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

With Haaland currently flagged and a bit of uncertainty around how serious the injury is, who's your (C) this week?

(VC) might be important too.

Could be a week to make ground if you get it right..

GW14 Captain 57 votes

Haaland (lei)
    47% 27 votes
    KDB (lei)
    1% 1 vote
    Salah (LEE)
    33% 19 votes
    Kane (bou)
    8% 5 votes
    Jesus (NOT)
    5% 3 votes
    Other (please mention in thread)
    3% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Currently on Haaland (C), Salah (VC) but waiting for early team news in the morning.

Salah (C) is tempting me cause I like the misery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Good man father i was waiting for this thread to see what others are doing, like you i just have to decide, to erling or not to erling, Mo is the second choice for sure if there is any doubt in the morning

I won't have a whole lot of time in the morning to make a decision though!

If we hear Haaland isn't starting, do I move (C) to Salah right away before the deadline?

Then hope Haaland comes on for a 1 pointer. But he could easily outscore Salah even in 20 mins...

yes i hear you, i'm leaning towards Mo to be honest unless i hear Erling has trained, pep won't play him if he hasn't i wouldn't think

I'd agree.

Plus the curse of the early KO too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

The early KO curse is a big factor! He's also a prime candidate to be subbed early if City have the game won.

Just looking at his stats and away from home he has "only" scored 5 goals and no assists in 5 games. For comparison his home stats read as 12 goals and 3 assists in 6 games.

Leicester look to have tightened up too - since been hammered by Spurs they've only conceded 1 goal in 5 games (against poor opposition admittedly).

It'd be risky but there's definitely an argument for looking elsewhere this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm chasing after last week's disaster so gonna go with a very ambitious differential Darwin (c)!

Martinelli

You're well positioned to answer this, does Firmino start tomorrow night fo you think @Fitz* ? He forgot how to return once I brought him in..

As a fan, I was hoping that he wouldn't start against Ajax, out of fear that he would be over worked and get injured. It was his 5th start in 14 days, at an old looking 31. He ended up playing the full 90!

Starting tomorrow will be his 6th in 17 days. It's a lot. So on one hand, Klopp might be forced into resting him.

But on the other hand, there are only 3 senior forwards that are fit & available. And they are a bit lobsided in terms of the positioning. 2 CFs and a RF. There's no LW there. Does Klopp play Carvalho there again, where he gets a bit lost, or does he try the diamond again with Firmino in the 10. The last 30 mins of the Ajax game were played at a slower pace, so maybe some chances for resting there, while playing.

Thiago is back so there could also be a change back to the 4-4-2 with Elliott & Salah as the wingers with Firmino & Nunez up front.

TL,DR; I haven't a clue 😂 but I'd lean towards him starting, with the rest coming midweek in the (basically) dead rubber against Napoli.

• Advertisement

Okay good to know and thanks for the honesty!

I'd love to get rid but not sure I can sell ahead of Leeds game where he could potentially return very well, IF he starts. Big IF.

Plus I do have fires elsewhere to put out. Will probably start him in the hope he doesn't start, if Pool are winning comfortably we may not see him and Andreas can come into the fold. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'd love to give the vc to Foden but not in the mood for Pep this weekend. Haaland (c) Salah (vc) mostly likely.

Leaning towards Toney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Think at this stage I will go Haaland (C) with the hope starts and plays at least 70-75mins as Leicester are still dodge at the back and City could carve them apart. If he doesnt play at all I am happy with Salah (vc) at home to Forest as he is surely due a haul!. Big worry is Pep giving Haaland a rest but then needing to get him on for the last 15-20mins if by some chance leicester are still in the game. I know he is more than capable of doing serious damage in 20min but just not sure i want to take that chance this time....Going to chop and change on this a bit before deadline as I have been on the wrong side of to many captain picks this year already, hoping for a bit of early team news but not expecting it tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

Salah blanked against Forest last week.

Maybe you mean Leeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Ok I’ve decided to go with mo even if Haaland is fit enough to play, the early kick off jinx is real

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm back and forth between Salah and Haaland. Whatever i decide, i'm confident it will be the wrong decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

Went Haaland and Mo (VC)

Happier that Haaland isn't on City's bench but a Mo no show would be a disaster.

The VC might catch a few casuals out this week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Went for Erling Captain and Mo as VC.

Should be covered.

I'll argue that Peps man management of Halaands game time has been poor enough. No need to play him v dortmund imo.

Or maybe not.

Change never updated.

Wanted to do Haaland to Martinelli captain and Mitrovic to Almiron vice captain.

Hoping for a Mitrovic feast of toffee.

Toney captain fail.

ah well, won’t be the last week I make the wrong decision 😂

Advertisement