Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Gas Station Simulator has come to PS4 and PS5.

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

PS4? Why not PS5?

I didn't watch the video so it may have been a typo on your end.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not in the least bit realistic. There isn’t a chicken fillet roll in sight. 2/10

No shame in using it either, I did and enjoyed the game just fine and felt it was a highlight of the year so far. I actually didn't think the game needed the difficulty as there was enough to it in terms of the main quest to be getting on with without the combat difficulty slowing you down or in some cases frustrating you. I agree a great option to have and doesn't affect achievements/trophies either.

Reminds me to google to see if theres any chance of a physical copy of the manual/guide

• Advertisement

It playable on PS5, but some features may be absent on the PS5 according to the Playstation Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I just couldn't get in to Tunic, there's no English language in the game and you have to figure it out yourself!

Wasn't even aware of accessibility options.

I was stuck in one area, where I kept looping around trying to advance and was just left feel like was having zero progress!

I'm sorry, but I'm too used to games holding my hand and pointing out what to do next!

Probably wasn't helped by was only trying to get easy daily achievements on xbox and just got frustrated and left, sans achievements :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's good & all I need to know; I was on the fence about trying it but the difficulty curve was a definite blocker. Thanks 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's crazy that one of the best things about Tunic is the manual. The way it subtly hints at current and future requirements, showing you the basics and new moves as you progress, finding a new page and adding to it overall. Even better to know that the devs physically made the booklet (blank for later purposes) and scrunched up the pages, weathered them, then scanned them in to be used in the game. Just waiting for it to be included on PS+ to finish it, as I gave up on one of the bosses and got distracted by some other game.

I took out my Xbox 360 games out of my Adidas trainer box today:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Started playing The Case of the Golden Idol over the weekend and it's a delight. A game that seems to have taken inspiration from Return of the Obra Dinn but taken its own spin on things. You're presented with a series of lightly animated, grotesque pixel art images showing the few moments surrounding a murder. You can freely search around the scene for clues, and you collect associated words - names, places, things, verbs. You then have a separate 'thinking' screen where you're presented with a bunch of information with blank spaces you then have to fill in yourself. So you might get character portraits and have to decipher who is who (Obra Dinn style), or a paragraph explaining what happened but with the key names, actions and motivations omitted. You can only use the words you've found in the scene, and the complexity ramps up quickly with multi-screen environments and tonnes of information to decipher.

A lovely little game for anyone into the Obra Dinn or even Outer Wilds style of deduction/detective games. On PC at the mo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wishlisted, thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Am I old or does everyone think they are playing a modern game when playing something from the ps360 era? Funny thing is I feel like I'm playing a retro game when it's Wii, DS, 3DS, PSP or Vita.

The last Xbox 360 game I played was RAGE and the graphics weren't great but I would never class them as retro games.

It doesn't seem that long ago I was playing Xbox 360 games on a Xbox 360 and the games were new.

Right I read your post wrong. You weren't calling ps360 games retro.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I reckon a lot of elements of modern game design language such as controller layouts and even common mechanics were formalised in the 360/PS3 era. Hence why they likely feel a lot more modern than games that preceded them. It was also when we started to see more incremental graphical leaps from gen to gen, even if obviously you’ll see the limits when you go back to early HD games.

The Wii was such an eccentric device in terms of input that is in a different category, while really it took until the Switch for the default ‘modern’ controller layout to fully become integrated in a handheld. I mean, something like Kid Icarus Uprising (great game!) has an utterly batshit control scheme that’d just have been normal dual stick controls if it wasn’t for hardware limitations.

Kid Icarus Uprising is crying out for a Switch port.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think the main thing that ages PS360 games is Quality of Life things like saving and some controls. Last one I played was Lollipop Chainsaw and there were moments in that where I was thinking what could change in the remaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

gamestop or smyths more reliable get games on release day if ordering online ?

I use Smyths. They also have free delivery on orders over €25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

thanks 👌🏻ordered off smyths

PSA: Vampire Survivors is digital crack cocaine.

Liking the sound of Saturnalia - have been intrigued by the studio's work in the past, but this review makes it sounds like they've really upped the ambition. Even better, it's free on the Epic Games Store for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭eggy81

Bayonetta 3 or Modern warfare 2 today. That is the question. Layed up with Covid of all things. Think I might go bayonetta. Not sure why though but cod is appealing to me today and last few weeks.

Get Bayonetta 3 and download Warzone 2 when it's out for free in a few weeks to scratch the CoD itch. Cover both bases :)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Resolution and performance in Bayonetta might make your covid feel worse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Will have to wait for digital foundry but John Linneman seems to love the game but there's performance issues. Drops to 40 FPS regularly when it get busy apparently.

Edit: https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2022-bayonetta-3-is-a-great-game-let-down-by-polish-and-performance-issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Gave Plague Tale Requiem a spin. Chugs along at 40 FPS. Thought it was a Disney game until the axe appeared. 🤣 Also it feels like 2013 Tomb Raider game where you are locked into a path/area, similar stealth moves, scripted action sequences and sharp pointy dying bits.

It's supposed to be France, but the English language version is cockney English and sayings which feels off. The French version is probably better if you don't mind subtitles, but these are distracting in action sequences.

I can see this becoming a Netflix TV series ...

Advertisement