Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Went with the Exclusive in Blue myself - I thought the blue was a beautiful shade, and being a Dub and blue being free it made sense, especially since I knew I'd be paying a premium for exclusive; but I like a warm arse so wanted heated seats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭John arse

So assuming MG can get stock in will we see them rocket up the irish car sales chart-that would ruffle a few feathers?🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭pandabat

Happen to take any pics of the blue that you could post here @Patser , please? Leaning towards blue but, having been only able to see white in the flesh, I'm anxious to get as many views of the blue as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭baziled13

Limerick have black and Cork have white anyone know what's in MG Galway, Drogheda or both Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Frank keane in Ballymount have blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Only took 1 pic, beside my i3 so I'd have an idea of size etc. The blue really is a bright Faber-Castell blue, like a crayon colour, and as such really stands out amongst the crowd. With the black roof of Exclusive and black panels along bottom of sides I loved it

Thanks @Patser - looks pretty good there to be fair ... even under dull Irish skies :)

Yeah, I do think that the grey looks fairly classy but I'm always giving out about the number of grey/black/white cars and the lack of colour on the road so I'd be a bit of a hypocrite to go for grey. White does look good (it was my demo car) but I don't think that any white has never floated my boat on any car. It's too like my old black Mazda 3 in black. Not going for Trophy as I don't need the extra range (but would love the heated steering wheel and reversing camera) so orange is out. That leaves blue and red - red looks good too but is it €900 better than blue? Mmm, I don't think so and hence the blue

the website doesn't do any of the colours any justice, i saw the red in reviews and it looks good but would have to see in real before i would order. is red more the black and grey

Some photos from MG forum in England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I test drove the MG4 this morning, really impressed, however I would only go for the Exclusive spec as I feel a 360 camera is needed, reverse camera either turned off or unavailable on the Excite I drove?

The Exclusive according to my local dealer will be " very hard to source " ?

It's 7 k more expensive too which is a huge difference

To add,I found the handling of the 4 a lot sharper than the ZS I drove ( and ordered ) in January, its also without the noisy indicator sound which was irritating on the ZS

Volcano orange is the only colour I want BTW

The Exclusive is still cheaper then the basic ID3, Born and Megane so it is a great deal

no 360 camera in Excite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Redfox25

the boss wants one so looking around for test drives, this could be a long wait to get her into one.

True but my local dealer told me its a 70-30 split in terms of excite v exclusive, he said I'd have a long wait for an exclusive, I'm waiting to see the 5 when it arrives in December on forecourt ,getting the 5 in exclusive shouldn't be a problem, I wouldn't buy the 4 excite as I ordered a ZS in January in exclusive ( was told a month ago that order is now not deliverable ) so I had a more luxurious spec in mind

The 5 ( Face-lift) however is 38k in exclusive, only 14 k cheaper than a Tesla model Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭gipi

I saw a white MG4 in Drogheda on Monday, it was being moved around the forecourt.

Galway have white ,I don't like it in white at all, orange the standout winner for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭budhabob

What do you mean by the ZS is not deliverable?

I received a letter saying that no estimate time could be provided for delivery, dealers have been encouraging those who ordered the ZS to switch over to the 4

• Advertisement

That's the white one in Cork for anyone that's interested btw

Ya I think it's time I get a white car after having red then champagne, black, blue, navy, silver and grey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The white will look much better in the exclusive trim too with the black roof etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,357 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The same can be truly said for any car brand that can actually supply cars in this climate. Tesla were best selling in September for that exact reason

There will also be the knock-on effect of a stronger second hand market for other car brands if the thought of a Chinese brand scares you

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Looks good in excite!

Found out in the MG forum that MG4 can't get roof rack, will not bother me just something to know

7K really is an enormous price difference between excite and exclusive, I realise that the battery is bigger but still

It's €3.5k to step up from standard range Excite to long range Excite and then a further €3.5k to step up to Exclusive spec.

ah ok , my dealer handed me a flyer with no mention of the in between option, just the 28k plus excite and the 35 k exclusive detailed

• Advertisement

the extra 3500 for the Excite long range goes from 350km up to 450km more power from 170 to 203 and and DC charging speed from 117kw up to 145kw

then another 3500 for Exclusive are a few extras like 360 Camera,wireless mobile charger, Sat Nav, 6 speakers,one touch windows opening,heated steering, electric adjustable drivers seat.partial fake leather, Power folding heated door mirrors,rear privacy glass, 2 tone roof,led daylight light in front bumper,cross light in back spoiler, blind spot detection, lane assist, rear cross traffic alert and door open warning.

Advertisement