Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 NFL season - Regular Season Thread - Picks etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

63 - 45 coming in

Week 8

Ravens @ Buccaneers

Broncos @ Jaguars

Patriots @ Jets

Panthers @ Falcons

Bears @ Cowboys

Dolphins @ Lions

Cardinals @ Vikings

Raiders @ Saints

Steelers @ Eagles

Titans @ Texans

Commanders @ Colts

49ers @ Rams

Giants @ Seahawks

Packers @ Bills

Bengals @ Browns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭cosatron

10-4 last week 66-42 for the year

Ravens @ Buccaneers

Broncos @ Jaguars 

Patriots @ Jets

Panthers @ Falcons

Bears @ Cowboys

Dolphins @ Lions

Cardinals @ Vikings

Raiders @ Saints

Steelers @ Eagles

Titans @ Texans

Commanders @ Colts

49ers @ Rams

Giants @ Seahawks

Packers @ Bills

Bengals @ Browns

• Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In all fairness he hasn't looked good at all. Thing is that Shanahan and Lynch are covered now because they can blame the injuries for him failing. I honestly don't think he'll ever play for the niners again. They'll move on from him and draft a QB next year. It's a good class with Stroud, Young, Levis and Richardson all looking like potential day 1 starters. Even after them there's some talent, I personally like Hendon Hooker from Tennessee a lot. I can see him rising on draft boards over the next couple of months. He's averaging 300 yards passing per game and has thrown 18 TDs with only one int. He can run with the ball too averaging over 40 yards per game with three rushing TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

63-45 coming in.

Week 8

Ravens @ Buccaneers

Broncos @ Jaguars (Wembley)

Patriots @ Jets

Panthers @ Falcons

Bears @ Cowboys

Dolphins @ Lions

Cardinals @ Vikings

Raiders @ Saints

Steelers @ Eagles

Titans @ Texans (8.05pm)

Commanders @ Colts

49ers @ Rams

Giants @ Seahawks

Packers @ Bills

Bengals @ Browns

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

59-49

Week 8

Thursday Night 1.15am 

Ravens @ Buccaneers 

Sunday 1.30pm

Sunday 5pm

Patriots @ Jets 

Panthers @ Falcons 

Bears @ Cowboys 

Dolphins @ Lions 

Cardinals @ Vikings 

Raiders @ Saints 

Steelers @ Eagles 

Sunday 8.25pm

Titans @ Texans (8.05pm)

Commanders @ Colts 

49ers @ Rams 

Giants @ Seahawks 

Sunday Night 12.20am

Packers @ Bills 

Monday Night 12.15am 

Bengals @ Browns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And I picked the ravens because even though the bucs need the win tonight after what I saw from Tom Brady last week and the injuries they have, and the offense being so bad I just don’t see Brady being able to pull a rabbit out of a hat. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gronk gets a call at some point this week.

I shockingly picked all the other three NFC East teams to lose even though I don’t believe they will because the cowboys and giants aren’t going away yet so need them to lose.

The packers I think are in trouble also and the young receivers may come good but that might be in the future but it isn’t happening now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

They don't have any picks next year, just some comp picks at the end of the 3rd round, the earliest they would draft a replacement would be 2024 unless we are talking about taking a flyer on someone on day 3.

Realistically they will have to bring in someone to compete with Lance this offseason given the injury history etc assuming Garoppollo moves on after this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭al87987

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

Bucs tonight. Do the rest tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

66-42

Ravens @ Buccaneers

Broncos @ Jaguars

Patriots @ Jets

Panthers @ Falcons

Bears @ Cowboys

Dolphins @ Lions

Cardinals @ Vikings

Raiders @ Saints

Steelers @ Eagles

Titans @ Texans

Commanders @ Colts

49ers @ Rams

Giants @ Seahawks

Packers @ Bills

Bengals @ Browns

• Advertisement

I think you'll have a second rounder before the draft. I can't see you hanging on to Mitchell, Aiyuk and possibly Wilson.

These guys are all on cheap contracts so would command a high enough draft pick I think. I don't think you can hold onto Aiyuk because he'll want big money when his contract is up so it'd be better to part ways with him at the end of the season.

At receiver you've got McCloud looking like he'd handle a much bigger role and Jennings is improving all the time. I don't know anything about your rookie Danny Gray, I don't think I watched an SMU game last year.

Like with McCaffrey you have a three down back, young Davis-Price should be good for short yardage situations. I'm sure given your history under Shanahan you'll have no bother picking up another talented young RB on day 3 of the draft.

Plenty of opportunities there to enhance your draft picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,136 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Lance was always a high risk for a high potential reward pick. Much rather shoot for the stars with a QB pick than feign excitement over noodle arms that can only survive when their run game, defense, and special teams are playing lights out.

Anyone writing Lance off has no idea what they're talking about - we simply havent seen enough. Lance is a year younger than Zappe and has less QB experience before the NFL, at this point they arent that far off in the NFL either. If anyone is claiming Zappe can improve from what we've seen then the same can be said for Lance, especially as Lance is on a different planet when it comes to physical traits.

Injury stole the chance to get a better sense of who Lance would be this year - barring another unfortunate piece of luck we'll get a better sense next year.

Love the insult but it's the norm with you. 'Anyone writing Lance off has no idea what they're talking about'

Anyway, Lance has had multiple snaps in five games where his completion percentages were 50%, 51.7, 69.5, 46.4, 66.6. That's just awful. This season, after a year in the organisation in his two games he threw 0 TDs and 1 int.

He's shown nothing in five games to even hint that he can be an NFL QB. He might have a future if he switches to running back but his injury history so far is too bad for that position or indeed any position.

It's pretty simple, he's been awful and he's spent a lot of time injured. There's no future for him. If you think the 49ers or any other team are looking at him as the future now you are sadly mistaken. The NFL is a now business and they aren't going to wait and hope he'll improve and stay injury free.

Remember Josh Rosen?

As for Zappe, I have no idea how good or not so good he's going to be. I do know the reason he got drafted is him breaking the season yardage and passing td records in college. What I do know is that he's been better than Lance, miles better, and will always be better than him.

So the Bucs looked good on their first drive and decent on their second drive and took a 10-0 lead but they've looked bad since then outside of one drive which included a 50+ yard pass to Mike Evans. It ended in a field goal.

Ravens currently lead by eleven, 24-13 with 6.55 remaining in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭al87987

64-44 Coming into this week.

Week 8

Thursday Night 1.15am

Ravens @ Buccaneers - Ravens (already picked)

Sunday 1.30pm

Broncos @ Jaguars (Wembley) - Jags

Sunday 5pm

Patriots @ Jets - Jets

Panthers @ Falcons - Falcons

Bears @ Cowboys - Cowboys

Dolphins @ Lions - Dolphins

Cardinals @ Vikings - Vikings

Raiders @ Saints - Raiders

Steelers @ Eagles - Eagles

Sunday 8.25pm

Titans @ Texans (8.05pm) - Titans

Commanders @ Colts - Commanders

49ers @ Rams - 49ers

Giants @ Seahawks - Seahawks

Sunday Night 12.20am

Packers @ Bills - Bills

Monday Night 12.15am

Bengals @ Browns - Bengals

• Registered Users Posts: 7,972 ✭✭✭Christy42

He got nice stats from sheer volume but Brady had a lot of throws that were slightly inaccurate. A screen thrown behind results in the receiver going down for a loss, Evans overthrown in the end zone, sort of catchable ball to Julio dropped but could have been a much easier catch.

He knows what he wants to do but can't right now for whatever reason be it age, personal issues, issues with offense or whatever.

I mentioned the other day that Kurt Warner said both he and Rodgers looked exhausted. He was saying they should both retire. He'd know about this stuff having played until 38 himself which was a long career back in 2009 when he retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,353 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It can't be stated enough how poor the OL has been. Brady has no time to let routes develop, his release time is still one, if not the fastest in the league. The line is consistently getting beaten by 4 rushers, allowing defenses to swamp the passing lanes.

Add to that the abysmal "scheme" and it's clear what the problems are. The lack of understanding between Brady and Evans is baffling. They've 2+ years together, yet you repeatedly see Brady being upset at him running the wrong route seemingly.

The only chance they have to salvage their season is to fire Leftwich immediately. Too much to hope they'd get rid of Bowles too, but he's a busted flush as a HC imo.

I don't agree on Bowles, I do agree on Leftwich.

If they get rid of Leftwich and bring in a decent OC then Bowles can let him at it and work with the DC.

When the OC is as hopeless as Leftwich the head coach has to be heavily involved with the offense.

The evidence of Bowles tenure in NY and this season speaks to his capacity as coach. Beyond the actual issues with the defense, there is no fire in the team. They are listless and look like there's no accountability for playing poorly. 3rd and long has been almost a gimme against them.

• Advertisement

Most of the offensive woes are down to two people and that's Leftwich and Tom Brady. Brady has been going through a divorce and hasn't played well. When the GOAT isn't near his best it affects the whole offense.

Bowles is a defensive genius and he's most likely spending a lot of time with both Leftwich and Brady.

When he gets those two sorted it'll make everybody's job a lot easier. Brady's head isn't in it at the moment. He just announced today that his divorce is finalised. I think it's going to take him time to get over that. He loves his kids and they'll be away from him, it's not a good time for him.

The Jets were a mess when Bowles got there and he certainly didn't make them any worse. You see Saleh there now and he's a great coach but you'll see the Johnsons ruin it all again.

Here's a small titbit for you. Bill Belichick was all set to become the Jets head coach and was expected to be announced in front of the media. He left a napkin on the stage saying 'I resign as head coach of the New York Jets'. Many believe he made this decision because the Johnsons were favourites to buy the franchise from the estate of the recently deceased owner Leon Hess.

I said when Saleh went there that he shouldn't be judged on how things go there because it's just poisonous. Same goes for every other head coach that was there since 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

So Gisele is single now. But she comes with some baggage with all the kids. Would ya??

That's giving Bowles an undeserved pass. Went from winning 11 games in his first season to 5 after that. This same defensive genius that let Kupp run free in the playoffs last year. He's a good DC, who benefited from an outrageously talented DL. That's gone now and he's doing ok. He looks to be incapable of getting the team focused to play. The energy on the sidelines is garbage, and that's absolutely on him.

Brady has been playing fine. His a top 10 QB this season statistically. This is 2019 all over again, where he's playing with a malfunctioning team. That's not to excuse him for all blame, but so much of the issue is the **** non-scheme Leftwich is pushing. A run first philosophy behind a line that can run block is insane.

Well a lot of Brady's throws have been off. Too high, too low, out of reach.

I'm excusing him because of what's been going on in his personal and all the injuries. He's not right though and I don't think it'll change for a while yet.

When he does get it back it'll be serious again and their division is so bad they might be leading it despite the poor play.

I'm excusing Bowles because I'm convinced he's dealing with Brady and Leftwich.

I just explained to you about the Johnsons who make a mess of everything just when the Jets are looking good. Look at Rex Ryan for a previous example.

Had a look at the highlights of Bucs Ravens and thought Brady was looking a bit slow on his feet. He was a goat but now he’s a ewe.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

64-44 coming in:

Ravens @ Buccaneers

Broncos @ Jaguars

Patriots @ Jets

Panthers @ Falcons

Bears @ Cowboys

Dolphins @ Lions

Cardinals @ Vikings

Raiders @ Saints

Steelers @ Eagles

Titans @ Texans

Commanders @ Colts

49ers @ Rams

Giants @ Seahawks

Packers @ Bills

Bengals @ Browns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Week 8

Thursday Night 1.15am

Ravens @ Buccaneers

Sunday 1.30pm

Sunday 5pm

Patriots @ Jets

Panthers @ Falcons

Bears @ Cowboys

Dolphins @ Lions

Cardinals @ Vikings

Raiders @ Saints

Steelers @ Eagles

Sunday 8.25pm

Titans @ Texans (8.05pm)

Commanders @ Colts

49ers @ Rams

Giants @ Seahawks

Sunday Night 12.20am

Packers @ Bills

Monday Night 12.15am

Bengals

60 48 entering the week, missed ravens and jags start but there's my pucks from espn

Jags been awful since they threw that interception when they should have just ran it for the TD.

The Panthers lead the NFC South, insane. 🤣

Edit: Scratch that, they missed the extra point so it's overtime. Unbelievable.

• Advertisement

It's now final and it's the Falcons who lead the NFC South.

Advertisement