Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored by Your License Fee: The Late Late Show Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

On tonight's show, as Hobbidy returns from his ninth well earned break of the year, we have, as indicated by the now customary drip feed of "reveals"...

...Kellie Harrington, who will be talking about gold medals, puppy dogs, rainbows, and debilitating illnesses (maybe). But not deleted tweets.

"Fresh from her gold medal win at the European Championships, Kellie Harrington will talk to Ryan about her journey to the top of women's boxing and the many setbacks and obstacles she overcame along the way."

Some namedropping from Hugh Bonneville, with, in passing, a DEAD MAMMY.

"Downton Abbey and Paddington star Hugh Bonneville will be in studio to chat about working opposite some of the biggest names in showbiz from Judi Dench to Julia Roberts, finding out his mother was a secret agent after her death - and the time he played Robert De Niro's right leg."

"Supervet" Noel Fitzpatrick will be in to plug his new book-sorry, speak his truth, talk about COVID and his DEAD MAMMY. Possibly the Britney Spears song as well, because he never mentions that...

"Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick has written a searingly honest memoir detailing a turbulent couple of years in his life both personally with the passing of his beloved mother Rita, and professionally with Covid seriously impacting his business.

In his first Irish interview since publishing Beyond Supervet: How Animals Make Us The Best We Can Be, he will join Ryan to share why he believes now is the right time to speak his truth."

Buried away in the back of the puff piece (possibly because the intern had never heard of her is), somewhat surprisingly, Christine Lagarde. You would wish PK was back for an interview like that because Tubridy won't have a notion.

Music by "pop legends" Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott...

...I nearly forgot, and DOD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Great analysis there from our resident Pundit Pelvis Parsley👏🏻

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Fair play to her for her sporting achievement, and she seems like a lovely girl, and she does great work in the hospital, but I’ve no interest in listening to another Kellie segment. Same goes for Daniel, he has made himself into a comedy character now but I don’t find him funny. No interest. The super vet fella seems to be on every season, I’ve no idea why, I have never listened to what he has to say.

I am very interested in what Christine L has to say about the current financial crisis, so will watch for that. But she will probably not be in the studio so interview loses a lot of meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

‘Tis the season…….Kellie Harrington has a new book released. As has Noel Fitz. Daniel is Daniel, must have a show upcoming. Christine Lagarde is too cute a politician to be caught out by Tubs questions. Is she appearing live ?

So as I predicted, PJ was on Ireland am this week. He was on today promoting some charity, just got on in time to save me. You can call me mystic Man vs ManUre, becos I predict these tings!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,683 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Christine Lagarde is a bit of a bizarre guest, she must be coming on to give everyone in the audience a mortgage interest rate hike.

I wonder will Tubs ask her about that 400 million quid of public money that she granted to Bernard Tapie of Monaco, match fixing and Adidas fame. She was found guilty of that one and many French people think she should be in prison, not swanning around as President of the ECB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Tubridy will just do his usual sycophantic, ingratiating, nauseating routine with Lagarde....

"what do you think of us Irish, we're great aren't we?".....

Lagarde will verbally pat us on the head like the good little leprechauns we are.....Uncle tubridy will feel all warm inside and feel like he deserves every cent of his 500k....

While the minority of the rest of us die a little inside at the fact that this utter prìck represents Ireland in any way......

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

He shakes my nerves and he rattles my brain,

Too much misery drives a man insane,

He broke my will, and there’s no thrill,

Goodness, Bonkers, Lame Tubs Of Fire!

RIP Jerry Lee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Daniel O’Donnell, again…. Embarrassing country!!!

Kellie’s deleted tweet. What was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Himself and Flatley should do a movie together.

@walshb I included it in the post above but it’s not the largest of images.

Basically she highlighted instances of violent crime committed by immigrants.

And promptly deleted it when people started targeting her.

Personally I don’t have much of an issue with someone expressing an honestly held opinion, but she should have stuck to her guns-didn’t have her down as a quitter.

They could team up with Michael Scott and remake Threat Level Midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

And have Flatley ruin a masterpiece, no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Puppies and Kittens 🎉🎉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

Innovation every week

Rte making the celebrity guests sit in the audience with the peasants

Maybe you shouldn't have mentioned interest rates, Ryan.

#buzzkill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

I expect a public atonement from Kellie. Pity if she does as she has steadfastly up to now refused to play the septic iDeNtItY game.

Is that a new thing at the start with the guests in the audience?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

So the IMF will be on to “advise” the Irish citizens about interest rates on a light entertainment show

please wake me up out of this nightmare

I expect the Garda to arrest Kellie the second she walks off set.

Like like like like like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I like Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Wishox

Obviosly not media trained, might come back to bite her in the ass, way too honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Only watching now.. well?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Wishox

Count how many times she says "Like" lol

• Advertisement

Fed up with the down trodden working class gick spouted. It’s always a sob story of hardship

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement