Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster get what they deserve for not converting their possession and territory dominance into points.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,460 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

True but was that pass forward ? Last couple of replays suggested it drifted forward before being taken by Evans ?

That's a try.

Came off his head. Not ahead of the kicker either.

Did a Leinster player make a tackle with his head there?

Think he might be in trouble.

No head to head contact.

Thought McGrath was tackled high in the build up there though.

• Advertisement

Deegan is having a huge game. Making powerful carries and tackle.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It's allowed to drift forward, it just can't be thrown forward

• Registered Users Posts: 25,460 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

True. But the angle of the arms when passing hmmmm

Super kick from Byrne

Need points from this possession in their 22

Ross Byrne making a clean line break in midfield.

Mother of God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Ruddock is just so so solid. Consistently good.

Exactly the man you want leading the greenhorns in this kind of game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Ed Byrne banishing MacNichol to Tartarus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Ross Byrne is so slow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Has to be a penalty try

Two yellows for Scarlets in the space of 90 seconds. They were both needless as well.

Dan Jones offside at the ruck twice and McNicholl with the deliberate knock on.

Scarlets 10 needs a lesson in where the offside line is, you’d have to question the level of coaching in the scarlets he’s that bad.

Just stupid rugby from Leinster since Scarlets went to 13.

Tried playing a wide wide game and were turned over. Then were so I'll disciplined in their own 22.

Brownlee and Tector on for their debut.

Great stuff.

Decent performance from Leinster especially with so many changes to the 23 from last week.

Saw some decent attacking rugby at times, but with such a young backline the forwards also upped their level to grind the Scarlets to dust.

Ruddock,Deegan and Jenkins had super games in contact. Molony ruined the Scarlets lineout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

Some result, thought it would be a lot closer. Backrow were class as was Ross Byrne. Great to have the new caps also!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

RO'L starting at 13 for Exeter against Gloucester this evening.

Really good result and performance from a young side.

I thought Ed Byrne and John McKee were superb. Don't really agree with Ruddock as MotM. He brought leadership and tried hard all day, but he was rusty tonight for me, mistiming ruck entries etc. Think he directly conceded 4 penalties (really Milne took a yellow for him).

Jenkins excellent again - but interesting that he was gone before the hour mark again, obviously his conditioning isn't where Leinster wants it yet, though he's obviously putting huge effort in.

Thought Ross Byrne was solid behind the scrum, and Chris Cosgrave had a really good outing.

Leinster's maul set piece seems to have improved a lot this season. We're making a lot of excellent catch and drives for large gains in territory.

The defensive maul is even better again. We stopped Munsters lineout dead in its tracks on numerous occasions last week and did the same again to Scarlets. We're harder to score against when defending lineouts in our 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

I doubt it was anything to do with conditioning. with jenkins. Game was decided. he is off with south africa for next few weeks isnt he? So ideal time to bring on Deeny for him...

Yeah, you could be right in the context of tonight's game, but my point was he's come off around the 60 min mark in virtually every game this season, even when games were well in the balance and he's playing great, like at Ravenhill or even last week in the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Sometimes a tight head lock and a loosehead lock are quiet similar players but sometimes you find a player who is obviously a tighthead lock.

A lot of them tend to be 60 minute men.

Also while he has been substituted early he has played every game this season and needs his rest.

While I am happy for him getting an international call up I am disappointed as I thought he deserved a bit of a break after playing 7 weeks in a row for Leinster.

I suspect that he may be one of the only players in the squad with 7/7 starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭ersatz

i thought McKee played well, another hooker with serious wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

• Advertisement

I think you run the risk of diminishing Jenkins physical impact by trying to make him fitter. It's better to have him as a 50-60 minute player, wrecking mauls and gainline carries.

Bring on Big Joe for the final 20. It keeps the physicality Leinster can bring to its maximum.

Advertisement