Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭Xander10

I said it weeks ago and was shot down, Nunez is Andy Carroll II.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,399 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads it'd be great if people could stop quoting the usual poster. Use the ignore function so the rest of us who have them hidden don't have to see their nonsense.

If no-one responds to their posts then they'll eventually disappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Do people realize Leeds who's manger is under pressure are only 4 points off Liverpool

We have Alison, VVD, Thaigo, Salah a 80 million pound striker & many more

Who's job is it to get them playing

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Summitatem

Played 12, won 4, drawn 4, lost 4..... Look clueless and often disinterested from defence to forwards. VVD is nothing like he was two seasons ago...Mo also a shadow of himself.

Season looks a right off in the PL tbh. Couldn't last forever though and we overachieved to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Zero points from bottom 2 in a week. And totally deserved both beatings. Midfield is a mess - Thiago does lovely things on the ball but it’s just not working. Him and Virgil for the winner were like Laurel and Hardy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well VVD’s record of never losing a league game at Anfield is over after nearly 4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭McFly85

We just have no fight in us anymore. We want things to go our way but we don’t force it. It has been an amazing run but this version of the squad is well and truly cooked. We need a major rebuild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,288 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

He won't disappear. He posts here about 400 times a day.

We were so poor. Missing any ability to change the front three to bring something different. Poor on both goals again. Midfield and buildup in general was too slow.

• Advertisement

Looks a big lump to me. Hope he eventually proves me wrong. But I have huge doubts. Seen it all before sadly

Our best predictor of the future is the past, and He's had the same problem at his previous 2 clubs, but players respond for so long and then it just stops its happening ng again

Jurgen is a fantastic manger & we will struggle to get someone better but reality is we can Not replace our squad with our owners, So if they are not responding to the manger who do you replace

Its not fair & it's probably not right but it's what happens in football when a Saud is not responding

Jurgen is an unreal manger but how do u fix it without changing the whole squad which won't happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

What is this opinion based on?

It's just patently incorrect.

It took me less than a minute to look this up.

And that's Carrolls full first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

A shocking week.

6 crucial points lost in 2 shocking bad displays. Even midweek, we were crap until we grabbed a goal against the run of play, and then Ajax gave up and made us look good.

We're way off, and top 4 looks a long way off at present. I was confident a week ago, not so much now. Such a dead performance again, no zip or creativity, another bad start.... FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Awful performance. Really poor but as a supporter you have to take with rough with the smooth. At the moment it's utter dirt in the league. So be it. We have had crap seasons before and will still may get top 4 if we pick it up. Next summer transfer business will confirm if the owners are gonna back klopp - if not he should walk - and rightly so

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭giveitholly

You wanted Jurgen gone as well the covid season behind closed doors when you said he had lost the players. Stop talking bollocks and step away from the keyboard for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Played 12, won 4 - drawn 4 - lost 4 - consistent if not very good at all

I'd say January can't come soon enough for 'hopefully' a signing or two to freshen things up, but we've still got November's and December's fixtures to go first.

Still have some hope we can claw it back, but we definitely need some reinforcements in the middle, up top, and some luck with injuries would be a nice Christmas present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Ok, so a yes or no answer....do you think Klopp should go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭jones

The problem is by next summer we're unlikely to be in the champions League 23/24 which effects the type of player we can sign. I've an awful feeling we've missed the boat

• Advertisement

Re-read my posts I said I didn't want him gone but feared he'd struggle to turn it around & thankfully he did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The club need to forget about the summer window and buy the 2 best midfielders they can possibly buy in January. I don't care if they are first choice or 5th choice, sign them or their is absolutely no chance of top 4. Fabinho tonight like the whole season was an absolute disgrace, Jones is championship level at best, Henderson legs are gone.

Sort it out, I'm absolutely sick tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

U are dead right, take off the red tinted glasses lads, the guy is no where near an 80 million pound striker, might come good but too gangly and poor touch so far and looks like a rabbit caught in headlights, as for rest of team Joe G is a disaster as is TAA and our midfield has no legs

What’s really annoying is we’ve had 2 weeks of teams above us dropping points while we’ve squandered a very winnable 2 games. Dont think top 4 is gone at all but we will most likely need a huge second half of the season.

Id love the owners to back him, & let him make big changes but I don't see that happing,

We can't continue as is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Lack of champions league football is often mentioned as a deterrent for players signing, is this ever the case?

Not sure many players would rule out a move to a club like Liverpool and assumed higher salary.

Anyways ... Joe fúcking Gomez. One of the worst Liverpool players in a long long while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Curtis Jones offers nothing btw

Yes , look at the problems Man Utd have had signing key targets

We are 5 points off the bottom 3

Ohh and we are away to Spurs next

Forget about the summer, we need to throw everything at the January window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Never mind what I think, the stats just don't bear out that he's another Andy Carroll.

I will say Gomez just isn’t up to it. One good game against City means nothing if you’re continually giving away goals to the opposition. The sooner Konate is back the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

November Games

That is absolute bollox.

20m spent on an injury prone thiago is the only investment in midfield since keita who was a bust. That's it, we let Gini go and have left an aging Henderson and fabinho. We have spent nothing to rejuvenate the most important part of the pitch in like 5 years? We have been banging our heads about midfield for years and you what we got? A **** sick note from juventus on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Desperately need to treat Spurs away and Southampton home like 2 cups finals. Win those and we have a glimmer of hope for 4th still.

Lose and we might as well not bother in the Jan transfer window and only have a hail Mary left for Istanbul 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

I think Gomez is done. It's like he has forgotten how to play football. So many silly individual mistakes leading to goals. No resemblance to the player who looked so composed beside Van Dijk a few seasons back. We desperately need Konate or Matip back.

Never a fan of stats.

I am saying, I remember Carroll being signed for crazy money and flopping.

I see potential similarities with Nunez. He looks useless at times.

I'll be glad if he proves me wrong. But early impressions worry me.

Just my personal opinion.

Maybe I was spoilt with the talent of the likes of Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hopefully once the World Cup those playing with in themselves will step back up again looking at VVD on this.

Win our game in hand and we are 5 points off top 4,what's your point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I hope I'm wrong but I think at best we'll get another deadline day desperation signing like Arthur. We'll be told that the return of Diaz, Jota, Ox and Naby will be like new signings before they all start breaking down again in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A really pathetic display under the lights at Anfield, where we’re usually at our very best. This team has fallen off a cliff in terms of effort and resilience.

I’d be resting/dropping absolutely everyone tonight for the game against Napoli next week. We can’t improve our position in the group unless we beat them by 4 and I since I don’t see any flying pigs outside at the minute, we should be treating that game as a friendly.

He's scored goals and misses chances.

The Carroll comparisons are pure lazy analysis, he's far better than him.

I'll reserve full judgement on him until he's in a functioning side.

Fabinho can not play again this side of the break absolute poison, a shadow of the monster he used to be.

Who's fault is that, Remember Klopp said the above

We've just lost to Forrest and Leeds on the bounce, Get a grip taking games in hand as you can give me 3 points

• Advertisement

I think his point is self explanatory. There is little reason to be optimistic at the moment that we would win our game in hand, so our position closer to Leicester in the relegation zone than Newcastle in the CL zone seems both a concern, and a reflection of the current state of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Summitatem

Yes I know how the table works,of course it is concerning and I can't see us getting top 4 but this poster spouts more rubbish than sense in this thread and when things are going badly wrong wants rid of every player and the manager as well.

Liverpool have loads of problems but Nunez isn’t one of them. I’m fully convinced that in a functional Liverpool team he’d be banging them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I truly hope the Netherlands lose all three group games for this reason. Partly because I want VVD back as fit as possible, but mostly because I want his obvious laziness for the club this season to blow up in his face.

He’s not the only one at it, of course, but his attitude on the pitch this season has been worse than anyone’s, Trent included.

• Advertisement
Advertisement