Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

That was some dump of rain last night.

Then an abrupt stop this morning around 6am

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

My davis is reporting 39.8mm over the last 24hrs, nearby the Durrow ACS is reporting 27.5mm.

At 10am I'll read the manual gauge. It will be interesting to see which is closer to the correct amount.

Clear and cool this morning in south Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It has rapidly degenerated into wild and wet out here. Hard heavy rain slamming against the building in the gusty wind.

West Mayo offshore.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's been a wild year and the winds don't look to be disappearing anytime soon. Just seems to be windy everyday and with the torrential rain it's been a nasty couple of months.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Lovely night walk. It is so mild and the roads dry out fast in that breeze. The stars are beautiful. I do love Autumn.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

After the most peaceful few hours, the wind is waking and rousing hard rain. Autumnal changeability. My beloved early walks before anyone else is up are all gone to pot and i need to locate a torch - or maybe invest in one of the ones worn on the head.

Off to search online

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Was out in Cork City last night and I had a dress on and no jacket at one point, it was that mild. Mad stuff - nearly November!

It has degenerated into bog-standard wild and wet and as they used to say in Kerry when I was setting up my street stall, " down for the day."

I may even light the stove...

West Mayo offshore...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

All set for the weekend 🎃

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Very warm last night.

Had the bedroom window wide open.

Lashing rain this morning.

Maytober !

• Advertisement

First turf fire of the autumn glowing.. My neighbour brought one bag ahead of my order... The house is warm and comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

i often think of people I know who say they love this weather and hated the warm sunny weather of summer and how they love the autumn and winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

To be confirmed but looking like Mullingar has had its wettest October since records began in 1943. Its current record is 172.9mm in October 1990 (this total is 09-09). On met.ie, the 00-00 total is 183.8mm and this doesn't include more rain from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Monday looking very wet so totals here could easily exceed 200mm I'd say a yellow be issued for the rain tomorrow across the whole country

• Registered Users Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭pauldry

I think November is going to be a record breaking month for temperature average. Will be interesting to see. Temperature records of course are broken worldwide almost monthly now of course but this November for Ireland has potential. However the cold lows are not very far away so could be a carcrash. Has potential though. Sryan what's the highest November IMT ever? (After this year)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Ireland

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy rain on Monday (Halloween) will lead to localised flooding and some disruption.

Valid: 06:00 Monday 31/10/2022 to 00:00 Tuesday 01/11/2022

Issued: 10:45 Sunday 30/10/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Terrible morning again it’s only late October and already I’m looking at getting out of here for a break. Flights are cheap at the moment. Bank holiday weekends like this make me think about retirement to a nicer climate.

I don;t hate the summer but yes I prefer autumn and winter weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cleared a load of leaves away from where people are not supposed to park, while they are not parked there. 😤 Just moved them further down the road for the street cleaner to access. Going to lash rain tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Still no end in sight to this conveyor belt of rain and wind. A few dry settled days would be very welcome now, I have so many jobs to get done outside and no opportunity to get started with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Feel the exact same so sick of rain and wind, midterm this week and all I'm looking for is some dry weather to get out and about but not looking good.

It's pointless having mild weather when it's so miserable, I'd much prefer, dry sunny freezing weather.

It is changeable and swift moving enough here to work outside between showers and lovely bright sunshine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Joanna not ruling out an orange or red rainfall warnings, we are actually not far from breaching the rivers and lakes nationwide :(

We are safe out here. They built well above tidal dangers. 150 years ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Go for it KSE! I came to Spain yesterday, Saturday, only for a week unfortunately and while weather here isn't spectacular [warm and calm but not much sun] it's still a million miles from the shite in Ireland and the muck fest October has become. I'm really loving the break from all that. Re retirement thoughts, Ireland for me is where I earn my living. Couldn't for the life of me imagine trying to put down days post work in that awful climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Wind & Rain warning for Ireland

Very windy on Wednesday with widespread gales, southerly veering westerly.

Some severe and damaging gusts may occur.

Potential for localised wave overtopping along Atlantic coasts.

A spell of heavy rain will occur, leading to flooding in places.

Valid: 04:00 Wednesday 02/11/2022 to 21:00 Wednesday 02/11/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Wow we got very lucky today with weather. Out early this morning in playground, just home and lashed rain all afternoon.

Just back after trick or treating and again it stayed dry.

Very lucky considering the rain warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Lucky here in Ashbourne, going trick or treating with the kids. Got a nice dry slot. Last yr was the opposite going trick or treating with the kids. Got soaked, was dry before we went out and stopped shortly after we came in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

27mm recorded up to 6pm at Cork Airport.

Last Oct was the wettest recorded at the station since 2005 with 197mm. On track to end this month somewhere between 235-240mm.

That's on top of 167mm recorded in Sept which was 1.7x the LTA.

45% of rainfall recorded at Cork Airport this year has been in the last 2 months.

Truly awful couple of months since the weather turned.

Advertisement