Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

Even psychologically, this cuts deep in the Russian psyche. It would be equivalent to an attack on a US Naval port, or Haulbowline or the British Naval base on the Clyde

I can imagine the history books...

Great attacks on naval bases:

1. Pearl Harbour
    2. Taranto
    3. Sevastopol
    4. Haulbowline

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Don't be sucked in by any specific mentions of the UK by Russia.

Its a typical and rather ancient Soviet-era tactic of trying to fracture NATO politically, by putting inordinate pressure on individual members over some made up nonsense or other. Christ knows they tried it on the old West German government plenty in the old days.

The reason they are picking the UK is because they have a new PM still in the induction phase and are under very particular pressure domestically.

Its especially pathetic, just like Filatov suggesting that Ireland advising Ukraine on mine clearance would make us a participant in the War.

They'll be on to blaming the dirty Romanians over some other bullsh1t by Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Pretty much my thoughts.

Target Sunak and see what he does. Of course it wasn't the British attacking them, it makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Cyber wars don't get much attention here, so...

Apparently, a young major in the cyber ops team [a very small team at that] from the US was in Ukraine last December and twigged that something was afoot and insisted on staying on, she was only meant to be there a short time. Might sound a bit boring to some but I found it a very interesting read. Could well have been the same young major that saved the HSE back in 2021. I would be surprised if the government here did not get help on the quiet from somewhere.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Thank you! that exceeded my expectations - absolute Gobbos !!!!

There's nothing like discipline, and that indeed, was nothing like disciplne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Crocodile Booze

For all of Putin's legendary genius status amongst certain folk, challenging the UK to a scrap is incredibly and delusionally dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭zv2

Numerous reports now coming out that Russia has used up over 90% of its propaganda.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Aaa... someone somewhere will diss the Economist... but here it is. Russian power brokers and the upper classes are thinking what we all have been thinking. Time for a Putinless Russia.

“There is a lot of swearing and angry talk in Moscow restaurants and kitchens,” one member of the elite says. “Everyone has realised that Putin has blundered and is losing.”

Paywall story...

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Rawr

Lack of information, or more importantly the control of information from the front line is nearly as important a weapon as those HIMARs or the Black Sea Fleet. Anything we can see, the Russians can also see and can be used for their planning. The less they know, the less effective their attacks will be and less prepared they’ll be for a Ukrainian counterattack. The result of that is that we’ll hear very little until about an advance until the Ukrainians deem that knowledge useless to the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

If you've read the thread, you'll know it's littered with fresh accounts that come & go - posters involved in trolling, propaganda & disinformation. So anyone with a very small number of posts that suddenly becomes active or posters who've registered accounts in recent weeks, automatically attract some scepticism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

250+ new posts in this thread since I last checked on it yesterday afternoon. That can only mean one of two things

1. Something big has happened on the battlefield (I checked the headlines and didn't see anything major), or
    2. The "We need peace now" and "I'm just asking questions" brigade have been out in force

• Registered Users Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I've always said the hardest moment for Putin will be after Europe survives the winter and support for Ukraine doesn't stop. It's going to be a very painful winter and come next summer they'll be in some state. Expect more big Ukrainian pushes and Russian retreats. He'll end up with 200k dead, hardly any decent tanks and other armour left. No cruise missiles or at least not many. If it looks like he's losing now just wait until then.

Alas, pretty much No. 2 on your list Sprout.

”Why can’t we let the murdering bastards just keep what they stole to make peace with them?!” ….and the inevitable counter arguments the rest of us will just make to that.

It’s a little disheartening to have to repeatedly remind some types of posters that not every nation can be handled as rational actors, and that displaying humanity to such nations will just be used as a bludgeon by them to make things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

If that's how it pans out, he'll be gone by then I reckon and may well sooner. There has to be serious disquiet in the upper echelons of Russian society, approaching the anniversary of this outrageous invasion will raise serious questions for the current Russian leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Russia denying that Iran is now providing them with propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Great to see a thread with everyone in agreement with such enthusiasm for killing and destruction .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Russia continues deployment of troops in Belarus, Russian servicemen activity were recorded between Brest and Malorita, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

false flag operation possible on the Polish border to blame the UK for the next attack?

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The autumn in Europe has gone very badly for the regime so far btw. The continent has seen temperatures of 18-20C for nearly the entire month of October. The Kremlin and their supporters were hoping and praying that the autumn would have got off to a very cold start.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,136 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I dont recognise the thread from your description of it. Nobody pro Ukranian side here wanted war.

Did you tune into Russia Today perhaps?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Nothing really new here - Patrushev was a new name to me, but the others have been mooted before. It goes on to talk about the Wagner group head Orc.

Mr Galyamov’s list of potential candidates includes Dmitry Patrushev, the son of Nikolai Patrushev, who is the head of the Security Council and one of the chief ideologues of the regime. Mr Patrushev junior is a former minister. Though part of the family, he could be seen as a fresh face because of his youth. More familiar possibilities include Sergei Kiriyenko, the deputy chief of staff at the Kremlin; Mr Sobyanin, the mayor of Moscow; and Mikhail Mishustin, the prime minister, who could make an alliance with some of the security men and play the role of a moderate negotiator with the West.

• Advertisement

Just as a sort of a blanket answer to statements like this (not the first of its kind, wont be the last for sure), beyond some kind warfare sycophants out there, the majority of civilised people decry having to fight like this to defend the freedoms of a nation facing destruction. But the alternatives are arguably much worse. We want the war to end in a way that will ensure the safety of those innocents who have been threatened by the ambitions of the Russian Federation and its leaders. It involves defeating the Russian army, and depleting thier ability to wage war. Unfortunately, that involves the death of Russian kids who barely know better. But they cannot be allowed to succeed. Russian success delivers the Ukrainian people to death, mass rape and slavery. Thereafter an emboldened Russian would gear up for the next round in another nation, and continue this likely triggering a global war in the process.

My dream scenario is for the Russians to come to their senses and simply remove their forces from Ukraine…today if possible. No more Russian kids need to die…just send them home. But the Russian government won’t do that…they’ve painted themselves into a corner and are more than willing to destroy both countries rather than admit what they are doing is wrong.

Russia must be defeated militarily to remove the force of arms from them. Leave them no choice than to leave, and with any luck we’ll get there before too many people are needlessly killed. But the Russians must leave…it is the only way we can be sure of peace in Ukraine, or Europe as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Looks like Ukrainian pilots are heading to the US to train on F16s and F15s

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ukraine is perfectly entitled to fight a propaganda battle after being invaded by the neighbouring fascist dictatorship without warning or provocation. It's almost as if people are surprised that they might wish to use skilful propaganda techniques in wishing to repel the invaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

New poster starting with "both sides". Are they getting thicker or sloppier? Which idiot from page 1 has used up all their accounts and now has to resort to creating a new rereg. With the excessively long posts I guess it's whoever was forest last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

One undisputed fact remains though, if there were no Russian Military on the territory of Ukraine, there would not be any misinformation or propaganda coming from there, now would there be?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

There's a UN report detailing the horrific crimes Russian soldiers committed on Ukrainian citizens. The report is only from findings from Feb to March, so you can only imagine more and more reports coming out over time. The victims ranged from 4-80.

I'm sure back in March when Ukraine was reporting on these crimes you dismissed them like you are doing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Ukraine: The Russian embargo makes the export of grain "impossible"

Russia is not playing ball

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Well I'm quite in agreement with the killing of redbacks that are in a country where they shouldn't be.

If they don't want to die they can go home.

Ukraine is claiming to have wiped out 950 russian troops yesterday,71,500 in total

A rate of attrition that Russia can't even sustain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Oh, no. You referenced Yahoo news, and Business Insider as proof of your claims. Provide the links. Otherwise, you're lying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement