Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

That is true I suppose, I'm the opposite - don't want to be hanging around too long. Prefer to rock up at the last minute 😀. You had me worried that there was something I missed - damn maranoia!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

40 minutes really isn't much time as it always takes longer than expected to travel a short distance when there are crowds of people. People will be packed into the start area a good 10+ minutes before the off as well.

Obviously doesn't matter if you are not wanting a spot at the front, or behind the pack of Gardai at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

I mentioned on here the other day that the first Luas from Saggart was 7am. That's actually the first one from The Square.

The first Saggart one is 7:12am.

Just in case anyone else was doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sledge144

That's it for me. Going to bed.

Good luck tomorrow everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cartman78

In the hotel, the missus has Strictly on...it normally sends me into a deep coma so hopefully does the trick tonight 😴

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

I'm in wave 4 for the 9.45 start, what's a reasonable time to turn up at? I know it's record participation this year but also don't want to be hanging around too long if it can be avoided!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

I'd say you'll be fine. They said 7:15 to 8:00 for wave 1 bag drop but will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

It's a 5-10 min walk from bag drop to wave 4 pen, then another 5-10 min from pen to acrual start line. I would say 9 at the very latest (and I'm a last minute type of person)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Best of luck tomorrow everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

Thanks for the responses - last question from me. I should be asleep. Can you stay at the back of wave 2 and let wave 2 go but hang back and you will end up at start of wave 3? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭FazyLucker

Good luck to all of you. I called to the Expo today to pick up race numbers for friends who live down the country.

It was very efficient. In and out in 15 minutes.

My only gripe is that they are still producing those plastic clapper things. It is an awful waste of money and very environmentally unfriendly to produce such tat.

Otherwise, it was military in its organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Mornin

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Morning eager beavers, no matter your time or what happens on just enjoy it. DCM was my first marathon and I am lucky I get to do it again.

Get up, have your usual breakfast for LSR give yourself plenty of travel time. Left right left right about 35,000 times easy as that 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

All the best to everyone today.

not too bothered by my waking up at 5am this morning knowing that it’s “really” 6am, probably got around 6 hour sleep so could be worse!

who’s got butterflies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Yes you can, I'll be doing that from wave 1 to the front of wave 2. Just step to the side as they are approaching and then slot in.

It's a sight to behold seeing that many people approach you in an orderly line!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Morning folks😊 Very best of luck to everyone running today.Believe in your training & most importantly believe in yourself!

Let's go do this😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Having the porridge now.

Got the contact lenses in first go so the day is off to a flyer 😂

Thanks to all for the help and tips/advice on this thread (and my long suffering log) and hope everyone has a great day 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭FazyLucker

Good luck everyone, I'll be that random stranger shouting "go on Pat, go on Chantelle"!!

I mean well I promise! Will be running next year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Best of luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ITS CHRISTMASSSSSSSSS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭py

Best of luck. Excited for everyone doing it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

On the bus on way into town. Feet are all jittery and can't wait to get moving

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

Same craic as 2019, massive crowd and baggage area not open yet despite all the warnings to come early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Is there no livestream this year, can't find any :-(

Just got blanked by @Laineyfrecks ....sooooooo rude 🤣🤣🤣

Just got a high five from @Lazare . That's my day made. Him and lainey just passed. Both looking good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Got a 3:08:45 which I totally wasn't expecting. But as with London I just went out at a pace that felt handy enough to start with, then just had to hang on for the end.

Was briefly in McGrattans for a pint and some food, got there seconds before the rush so managed to get a seat and served quickly. Had to leave straight after though to get back to the airport.

Was a great day for the marathon, almost perfect weather except for a bit of wind on a couple of stretches. Nice day helps with the crowds being out to support as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭Trampas

Hopefully the person down at ucd flyover is ok. He seemed in a bad way when I went by. He had a few people with him

There was a few people with him when I went by, but they didn't seem overly panicked at that moment so hopefully all OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Just on the way to Mcgratans, anyone there?

Advertisement